Matt Ryans Contract

krammmit

This dude is about to get PAAIIDDDD. Im ok with that. His leadership, intangibles, football IQ, smart decisions, clutch ability, and all around great QB. Im excited for him. Everyone likes to harp on the guy for not having a strong arm but just put up a vid of him making that 60 yard throw to Roddy against the Panthers and it goes away. Yea BUT..... Nothing. The best thing about it is this is pretty much the same team for many years to come. We will pick up a DE and TE to replace Abe and TG and The production will remain the same. I hope we get it done now B4 he gets MVP. It is crazy how much a new coordinator can completely change our perception.

All the above + Matt is savvy enough to know that a huge payrise even if he gets to bring home a Lombardi would spell disaster for the franchise. It is about the team and if he takes the Lions share then many of his weapons will disappear. He'd be the first to admit this season he has a decent enough O line and an incredible Defense that allows him to play, take the spondoolex away from the budget and you end up like Drew Brees.

He'll make a fortune but not at the cost of his franchise

Resigning Ryan is a formality. NFL franchises only dream of getting a guy with his talent, much less his character. Blank knows what he has, especially after the Vick fiasco. I don't expect Ryan to take a lot less than he's worth, though. I do expect him to sign a deal that is highly flexible toward future ramifications of resigning talent. But there is zero chance he will not be the face of this franchise for the next 7-8 years.

This dude is about to get PAAIIDDDD. Im ok with that. His leadership, intangibles, football IQ, smart decisions, clutch ability, and all around great QB. Im excited for him. Everyone likes to harp on the guy for not having a strong arm but just put up a vid of him making that 60 yard throw to Roddy against the Panthers and it goes away. Yea BUT..... Nothing. The best thing about it is this is pretty much the same team for many years to come. We will pick up a DE and TE to replace Abe and TG and The production will remain the same. I hope we get it done now B4 he gets MVP. It is crazy how much a new coordinator can completely change our perception.

We have to hit the lottery on both! DE and TE... no mistakes.

his rookie contract basically made a rule to cap off rookie contracts because they were getting out of hand. Guy has $$. You dont hear about him cruising around in 15 different lambos spending nights in Vegas. Hopefully he is gracious with contract #2 because market value for him is sky high with some of the recent qb figures.

7 Years, 120 M ; 75M guaranteed the first four years

30M in signing bonus

Year Base Salary Signing Bonus Cap Total Cap Hit

1st 8M 4.3M 12.3M

2nd 10M 4.3M 14.3M

3rd 12M 4.3M 16.3M

4-7 15M 4.3Mper 19.3M per year

So, Ryan becomes the highest paid player, makes 38M in his first year under new contract, continues to earn a nice tidy sum during the remaining years, never straps our cap for more than 20M per year, also doesn't hit us for over 15M Cap until after the new TV money takes effect in two more years, and is guaranteed the first four years 75M.

That's how it's done.

Edited by Falconcheff

If you wanted to look at it another way: Ryan is smart enough to realize the real money is in endorsements. Winning is crucial to that. Gouging for contract money won't help that plan if guys can't be resigned. But he could still get a huge deal hoping endorsements would come just by taking a hard line.

My theory is Ryan is the rare breed who is looking at this another way: Pure winning. If he was playing for an Al Davis type, he'd probably jump ship. But with Blank/Dimitroff/Smith, he's looking at 3 Aces. He'll sign the right deal, probably give up a little money, but the team will have the best chance to win because of it. Ryan's a big picture guy and the deal he signs will reflect that.

Im glad alot of people here think that much of Ryan that he would in fact take a lesser deal for the sake of the team. I hope thats the case. Even though he has not been great in the past, this year I am definitely drinking the Kool-aid. If he can change this much in 1 off season with just a couple of dumbbells just imagine what he is gonna do next off season. It seems like there is a lot more zip on the ball from last year, His accuracy has never been in question even though it seemed like once a game he would throw 1 dumb interception. I assume he is trying to force things ex. Pre season against the Ravens to Ayanbadejo. He just hasnt been that way during this season. Yes he has thrown interceptions but even still when he threw 3 interceptions, they didnt kill us. With that said I hope he becomes the highest paid player. Like Yasinskas said, give him $1 more than Brees. I really wouldnt mind. If I am not mistaken, we are still paying for released players like Jenkins and I thought 1-2 other guys. One of the guys here says if he wins a playoff game then we will talk contract. I say if he wins playoff game then give him more than Brees. If not he probably wont take anywhere near it.

I just remembered something. During the year TD had a chance to re-up on Ryans contract but Ryan said no. So I dont know what that means..... Anyways we will see.

I don't think Ryan is gonna try and scrape up every less penny he can on his deal. I think he knows we need money to pick up some players. Could be wrong, but I don't see it

Yea I am not saying hes gonna screw us over with the contract I just have a feeling its big and with every win its gonna grow a little bit more. If he gets MVP then yes it will be epic. I doubt he will get MVP because we are not the other teams like the Patriots, Aints, and the Packers. We show teams respect when we are up ex. Eagles, Chiefs, Broncos. When we get up, we coast and do not try to show our muscles by flexing on teams who we can easily score on. Alot of Brady's, Brees, Rodgers TD are padded stats when they are up 40 points and they still throw. I think those teams are pathetic. At the same time, if we want to show the world we are the greatest teams we need to do that. I dont think we should, we play great as an underdog.

Yea but thats misleading. Ryan can easily have 300+ games. Look at cowboys. Romo threw 62 times for 437 yards and though that sounds great, Matt threw 29 times for 262. If you double that he would have 58 throws for 524 yards. More yards STILL less throws. So it is misleading. Matt could have easily thrown for 400 yards but we also ran the ball 34 times. Like I said before, this team doesnt rub it in your face that they can score. We know and they know. Thats all that matters.