Matt Ryan: Coach Killa

Falcon Freddie

Of the seven teams the Falcons have thus far defeated, Three of them have head coaches who are definitely on the hot seat and with a (for them) distressingly good chance of being handed their pink slips by the end of this season. The current coaching Hall of Shame include:

Kansas City Chiefs: Romeo Crennel

Philadelphia Eagles: Andy Reid

San Diego Chargers: Norv Turner

The Chiefs, Eagles, and Chargers were all thrashed convincingly by the Falcons. True, if any of the above named coaches are dismissed it won't be solely because of being exposed by Ryan and the Falcons (I consider Crennel, Reid, and Turner as already being toast.) However, facing Ryan definitely did not enhance their job security.

Second season Panthers coach Ron Rivera's name might also be included in the above august listing; there is some talk of doubt in Charlotte about the wisdom of his hiring. (Remember, it took the Seattle Seahawks management only one season (2009) to decide that they weren’t likely to ever hoist a Lombardy Trophy with Jim Mora, the Younger at the helm. So, after a 5-11 season they dismissed Mora with three years left on his contract.)

OK, so now let's see how well Joe Vitt and the rest of the Saints coaching staff survive after facing the 2012 Falcons.

Edited by Falcon Freddie

yea about to beat another team with a hot seat coach

Cowboys

Yeah, Jason Garrett's job is also in the cross-hairs. Ryan's quite capable of putting yet another nail into Garrett's career coffin. I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Garrett dismissed at the end of this season. After all, someone has to replace the late Al Davis; Jerry Jones is beginning to look and act more and more like Davis.

Good point about Ryan hurting these coaches careers. When you look around the league at the state of Ultra Parity, it makes you appreciate even more what Smitty and Dimitroff have done here in Atlanta over their tenure. Dimitroff sure gets a lot of credit for building the roster. However, you hear the talking heads all the time stating that the teams in the NFL are about even in talent, and the key to winning is execution. In my mind, Smitty gets all the credit for our consistency over his career here.

Falcon Freddie you are right on the money about Jerry Jones resembling Al Davis these days. He appears to be another old NFL stalwart whose better days are long behind him, but he thinks his ego and money can put him back on the altar of success. I was a HUGE Dallas Cowboy fan since the Tom Landry and Roger Staubach era. When Jones bought the team, I was furious with what I considered his rude and unprofessional treatment of Landry, who took a miserable young franchise and made it one of the greatest. I have been hating on Jerry Jones ever since, and relish the Boys downfall in performance recently.

Guest Negatorris

The Cowboys fans are going to spontaneously combust if the Falcons kick their teams azz. The Eagles fans were booing more than they cheered yesterday.

Well, you can now add Jason Garrett's head to the Ryan trophy wall. With Sean Payton's contract with the Saints invalidated and Payton now effectively a free agent, odds are very good that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones will divest himself of his erstwhile golden boy and hire Payton. The Falcons' victory tonight over the Cowboys has probably sealed Garrett's fate.

Taints Nation is probably now going into meltdown. I feel for the Saints fans – and the feeling's good!