Ethos

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You got what you wanted. Now what?

It did exactly what it was supposed to do. Run clock and keep the defense off balance. It's not all about yards buddy. We were more balanced today and look how we dominated. Period. U got the wrong idea about a running game and tho we are 7-0 you create a thread to bash turner when the ground game accounted for 142 yards. Lol. Turner AND Quizz got more carries than they have been getting and it paid dividends. U living in a madden world dude. Lynch had a big day and lost. I could care less if turner personally has 100 or 200 yards. It's about balance. We were balanced today. Take turner, Quizz and snellings carries all together. It's not a turner driven team. It's RB by committee. Find something else to complain about man. If those 142 yards was by one man or 3 it don't matter. The RUNNING game accounted for 142 yards.

I'm surprised that you were able to get out of bed to make this thread with as full of crow you must be.

You'd think he would know we're a running back by committee team now. Not a one turner horse. Some ppl are funny. And he still hasn't manned up about how he knew we were doomed to lose today. Wow!!

am I the only one the has noticed Coach Smith changes his attire throughout the game? He did it in Washington and vs. Oakland. Today he started with no hat, then midgame he had a hat on. haha maybe its just me

I could understand it during an outdoor game but in the dome? Maybe he has a deal with Nike...

It did exactly what it was supposed to do. Run clock and keep the defense off balance. It's not all about yards buddy. We were more balanced today and look how we dominated. Period. U got the wrong idea about a running game and tho we are 7-0 you create a thread to bash turner when the ground game accounted for 142 yards. Lol. Turner AND Quizz got more carries than they have been getting and it paid dividends. U living in a madden world dude. Lynch had a big day and lost. I could care less if turner personally has 100 or 200 yards. It's about balance. We were balanced today. Take turner, Quizz and snellings carries all together. It's not a turner driven team. It's RB by committee. Find something else to complain about man. If those 142 yards was by one man or 3 it don't matter. The RUNNING game accounted for 142 yards.

Now it's a committee eh? How convenient.

Im pretty sure that Smith made it clear that it would be a committee in the preseason. How many times does he need to say that they dont want to run turner into the ground? I personally will take 142 yards rushing and 58 from Turner. I dont care if it is turner, quizz, or even joe hawley running the ball if they get us yards.

Our offense in the first half was great. But according to reports the Falcons wanted to end the game as soon as possible before the weather got bad so they wouldn't get stuck in Philly. Fastest way to do that is run the clock down by running the ball.

Against the Chiefs the Falcons were up 37-17 and on the first play of a drive Ryan hit Roddy for a 26 yard strike. So Koetter has shown he will continue to be aggressive even with a big lead.

Are you Swift's brother or maybe a cousin? It seems your new place on the board is to try and nitpick small things and find fault when the team we all supposedly root for is thusfar perfect. You're one of the psudeo trolls and it's fun watching you turn from a troll cocoon to a butterfly.

He got his twenty touches today. What's our record when turner touched the ball 20+ times???? You makin yourself look bad dude. All I have ever been saying is 11 touches ain't enough. Dig up all my posts to u and that's what I said. Never said yards. I said touches the eagles are 10-1 when shady carries the ball 20 times. Guess what? They lost cause he didn't hit his mark.

Falcons won in spite of Turner today. It's okay to be honest folks.

dude, you can say turner didnt have a huge day, I wont disagree with with you, but to say they won "in spite" of anything is ridiculous. they controlled the tempo all game and really did a good job all around. turner was a part of that for sure.

Our offense in the first half was great. But according to reports the Falcons wanted to end the game as soon as possible before the weather got bad so they wouldn't get stuck in Philly. Fastest way to do that is run the clock down by running the ball.

Against the Chiefs the Falcons were up 37-17 and on the first play of a drive Ryan hit Roddy for a 26 yard strike. So Koetter has shown he will continue to be aggressive even with a big lead.

But falconine doesn't understand this. He makes it a personal turner thing. Every week while watching us win. 7-0. Who cares

dude, you can say turner didnt have a huge day, I wont disagree with with you, but to say they won "in spite" of anything is ridiculous. they controlled the tempo all game and really did a good job all around. turner was a part of that for sure.

He cares nothing about the team. He just wants to be right about turner. Lol

He got his twenty touches today. What's our record when turner touched the ball 20+ times???? You makin yourself look bad dude. All I have ever been saying is 11 touches ain't enough. Dig up all my posts to u and that's what I said. Never said yards. I said touches the eagles are 10-1 when shady carries the ball 20 times. Guess what? They lost cause he didn't hit his mark.

Eagles would have lost even Shady did hit the 20 carry mark. Reaching a magic number doesn't control a whole facet of the game. Eagles were playing from behind and McCoy wasn't getting it done on the ground which is why they didn't give him 20 carries. Falcons had a sizeable lead where all they needed from Turner was solid occasional 4-5 gains to run the clock out, not tippy toeing for 2 yards. Guy can't even convert short yardage situations.

They said in the telecast that Turner is averaging over 7 yards carry after his 11th carry. If Turner gets his 20 touches a game he will get his 100 yards more often than not, just like he always has. Also we ran for 150 yards today, and only a complete idiot would complain about turner getting carries when he contributed to our best rushing day by far in the entire season.