Uga Vs Ole Miss Game Week Discussion

scottp12

With Auburn down this might be the toughest of our next 2 match-ups to clinch the East. Ole Miss is quietly having a really good season, especially by their standards.

Keys to the win imo:

Open the run early, but KEEP THEM OFF BALANCE with a smart passing attack with a lot of screens to HB

We need to utilize the TE more. We are doing better, but we need to look at how the Falcons utilize TG and use it.

Come out with the same fire on D. Could be a veyr easy trap game if we don't stay intense b/c they are much better than UK.

Get our receivers back to catching passes and stop letting it bounce of their chests and hands.

I believe I said we would lose to UF 47-21, so I guess we lose to Ole Miss 47-21 ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt GS played great, but you'd think RD would play a snap or two.

Man I can't figure it out. We might just have to accept that he is bad I guess. He has looked great when he is in there to me. Shoulda redshirted him I guess. Can't figure out why we have wasted this year for him.

Ole Miss worries me as well. Their D isnt good. But their O can put up some points.

Must be physical right from the start! Show Ole Miss that they dont belong on our field and punish them for being there. Cover the wide sides of the field. They make their yardage off the widesides more than any team I have seen this year. They use the middle to keep D's honest but they look to the outside for yardage. Play good assignment ball, must win the one on ones.

Offensively for us RUN THE BALL. Ole Miss can play the run decently. But if you can run on them then Ole Dave Womack "GT old D coordinator when Yech had a somewhat good D" will blitz allot with 8 man fronts and their pass D isnt good at all. Run and it will open the pass big time...KY big time.

Need 40+ carries aainst them on the ground and we will win. RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'

I agree. need womack to go to his old ways (which he does if you watched the Bama, A&M, Texas game). When he feels threatened by the run he will blitz his safties when there is already 7-8 in the box. And his cover guys arent good enough to cover our guys in one on one situations.

But defensively we must control the LOS and cover the wide side. They love to run Mackey (sp) out into the flats and let him turn on the jets!. And Wallace their QB, yes another running QB. But he runs like Shaw about the same speed. But he runs with discipline. He knows exactly when to run and when to throw. He has a great clock in his head and we must maintain our gaps and play discipline assignment D.

This game is going to be a battle. Hugh has them boys believing.

i want uga to win so bama can embarrass uga so it can shut up one of my old friends that keeps posting crap about saturday. uga sould have rolled florida, but they didnt. 6 turnovers and uga only beat florida by 8, i would be a little embarrassed at that. florida choked no doubt about that. 2 tds off the board when their where inside the uga 10 yard line and they turned the ball over. oh well mizzou saturday and then 2 weeks till fsu.

Ole Miss will be an issue for Georgia. I do like how Jenkins said after the game that this is how the defense will play for the rest of the year. Maybe we can get some momentum on defense now keep it going against Ole Miss. I think that if we struggle this week and next we will fall in the BCS so we have to put on a show to gain some voters.

Auburn will be a tough game as well. Both of these teams seem "due" for an upset and I just pray it isn't us.

Looking at the history of this team and staff, I expect a close game. Hopefully they pull away in the second half. It would be nice to not have drama and see some back ups get time.

I personally wonder about Drew because when he did play he seemed to have potential. What a waste of two years.

Edited by GAbred

I hope it isn't close because I don't know if we can handle close contests in the media's eyes. We cannot afford to get hopped by any other one loss teams, and UGA is definitely not a media darling in the eyes of the voters. I love that this game is in Athens, because we need to be REALLY LOUD when they are on offense and nice a mellow when we are. I think their defense is the reason we win this game

i want uga to win so bama can embarrass uga so it can shut up one of my old friends that keeps posting crap about saturday. uga sould have rolled florida, but they didnt. 6 turnovers and uga only beat florida by 8, i would be a little embarrassed at that. florida choked no doubt about that. 2 tds off the board when their where inside the uga 10 yard line and they turned the ball over. oh well mizzou saturday and then 2 weeks till fsu.

Really man? Murray gave y'all every opportunity to take control of that game before the fourth quarter, Stop It!

I expect Miss to stack the box early so Murray needs to pick up where he left off in Jax at home. If UGA's D plays with the same intensity this one could be over as early as the half.

uga won, uf didn't. that is all that matters man and you know it. this series has changed in case you haven't noticed. the difference was uga scored tds and uf could only score field goals. both defenses played well. the best player was jarvis jones. he has owned florida the past 2 years. there wasn't a better player on the field in jacksonville last year this year other than jarvis jones. muschamp has a message for gator fans stop putting down the team and get back into the arena.