Props To Dirk Kotter

jdawg4876

I got sold on Koetter today. The first two TD plays......effing brilliant, especially the TD to Snelling. That was just awesome play design and call.

agreed on that first td im trying to find out if yall think that was suppose to go to julio or was it designed fro drew davis, either way that play showed why some games he vanishes that whole side of the field was focused on JJ

Edited by jdawg4876

too bad our offense only plays 3 quarters in games like these. makes blowouts look like close games

Even in the end when they had a chance to put the game out of reach they didn't take it. On that 4th down play with about 30 seconds left why not attempt a field goal in that situation? We we up by 13 and a field goal would have made it a 16 point lead. That would have required the Eagles to score two touchdowns and convert a 2-point PAT for each. Why not put the game that much farther out of reach?

Even in the end when they had a chance to put the game out of reach they didn't take it. On that 4th down play with about 30 seconds left why not attempt a field goal in that situation? We we up by 13 and a field goal would have made it a 16 point lead. That would have required the Eagles to score two touchdowns and convert a 2-point PAT for each. Why not put the game that much farther out of reach?

1, the game was out of reach.

2, Mike Smith isn't interested in running up the score.

The game was essentially over. Less than a minute and no timeouts for Philly.

1, the game was out of reach.

2, Mike Smith isn't interested in running up the score.

The game was essentially over. Less than a minute and no timeouts for Philly.

Both of you made valid points; however, the issue is with not putting the final nail in the coffin. That has been one of the biggest issues with the Mike Smith era. I've seen stranger things happen when it comes to comebacks. Heck, the Falcons have done some pretty amazing things the last 4 years when it seemed like all hope was lost. A thirteen point deficit is not impossible to overcome, even with only 30 seconds on the clock. A sixteen point deficit IS almost impossible to overcome. I just want to see that "kill 'em" mentality from our staff. Without that, I will continue to question how well we will do in the playoffs. Take a page from Mortal Kombat and "FINISH HIM"!!

I'll admit I didn't like the hire initially but Koetter has easily had a more diversified offense than his MM. Him and Nolan are doing great and I am glad to eat crow this year. The skies the limit with this team and coaching staff.

I think Koetter's play calling has been hit and miss this year, but today was the biggest moment of the season by far. It sounds silly to say, but really, the Falcons needed the win today...they needed not to prove it to everybody else, but to prove it to themselves that they could beat a formidable NFC opponent on the road.

Koetter's play calling was absolutely brilliant today. in the biggest moment of the year, he had his best moment.

And that is really part of what this team has been missing. Being their best in their biggest moments.

Mularkey woulda pissed on himself once we got up 14-0.

I like what Koetter did for 3 quarters...we got too conservative for my tastes during the last quarter plus. But what he did in the first half especially was very sexy. Love, love love what he did with Julio and Jacquizz today.

We just need to crush a team's windpipe when we get a sizable lead.

Both of you made valid points; however, the issue is with not putting the final nail in the coffin. That has been one of the biggest issues with the Mike Smith era. I've seen stranger things happen when it comes to comebacks. Heck, the Falcons have done some pretty amazing things the last 4 years when it seemed like all hope was lost. A thirteen point deficit is not impossible to overcome, even with only 30 seconds on the clock. A sixteen point deficit IS almost impossible to overcome. I just want to see that "kill 'em" mentality from our staff. Without that, I will continue to question how well we will do in the playoffs. Take a page from Mortal Kombat and "FINISH HIM"!!

You're seriously complaining about this?