We Need This Kind Of Speed

Well he is, & has the name of an Atlanta Icon, so he would be beloved in the city, but I agree with you on the speed part, still makes me wonder what they are not seeing in A Smith though.

Isn't the answer two healthy hamstrings?

He's still battling the hammy

I know he's hurt now, but he doesn't see any action when he's healthy, & this has gone on for a minute now. They keep him around, so i'm sure they see something, but he only sees the field on ST situations at the best, even with no RB distinguishing themselves from another, It makes me wonder why?

I know he's hurt now, but he doesn't see any action when he's healthy, & this has gone on for a minute now. They keep him around, so i'm sure they see something, but he only sees the field on ST situations at the best, even with no RB distinguishing themselves from another, It makes me wonder why?

From what I've seen from Smith he doesn't have the patience to wait for lanes to develope at times. Alot of young backs count on straight speed sometimes and it's not all about pure speed. U can still outrun the play with that speed. Maybe his vision isn't that good on a pro level either. Like u said tho it makes u wonder cause turner is still the best back. He's always had great vision and patience to me tho. I noticed that while he was in SD. Remember how when LT was getting bottled up then turner comes in and broke long Td runs? That's how I think our backups should do when they key on turner but I'm not seeing that which further points to the line. I watched Quizz in college. He has great vision and decent enough speed. He runs a 4.4. I think the main issue is we don't have anybody getting big push up front.

Edited by TheFatboi

i've seen holes, and i've seen pathways, that have been missed because of plodders.

So all of our backs are plodders? Mike T has a 4.3 ypc on less carries than he's accustomed to. Everybody else is worse. 4 total td's. I see dlines get far too much penetration on us. I don't know what holes u really saw him miss but when it's there he hits it. Nfl holes close super fast and since that's the case I'd expect his ypc to be lower but he's on par with his career average thru 6 games. That's good production while having less opportunities. McCoy has 27 more carries than Mike T, 3 less TD's and only 100 yards more. I think we're good bro. Just haven't been seeing the big runs like usual because of less carries.

So all of our backs are plodders? Mike T has a 4.3 ypc on less carries than he's accustomed to. Everybody else is worse. 4 total td's. I see dlines get far too much penetration on us. I don't know what holes u really saw him miss but when it's there he hits it. Nfl holes close super fast and since that's the case I'd expect his ypc to be lower but he's on par with his career average thru 6 games. That's good production while having less opportunities. McCoy has 27 more carries than Mike T, 3 less TD's and only 100 yards more. I think we're good bro. Just haven't been seeing the big runs like usual because of less carries.

plodder as in a back that needs 20 carries

plodder as in a back that needs 20 carries

I get what you're saying but you just proved my point. Most of the top backs in the league average 20+ carries a game. None of them are tearing it up on just 11 carries. Our philosophy is different now so we don't lean on the run like we used to. I know you don't like stats but the eagles record when McCoy carries the ball 20+ times is amazing. Look for Reid to try to get him the ball as many times.

Edited by TheFatboi

I get what you're saying but you just proved my point. Most of the top backs in the league average 20+ carries a game. None of them are tearing it up on just 11 carries. Our philosophy is different now so we don't lean on the run like we used to. I know you don't like stats but the eagles record when McCoy carries the ball 20+ times is amazing. Look for Reid to try to get him the ball as many times.

we need a westbrook type, a guy that can 1 cut and catch out of the backfield (in stride)

we need a westbrook type, a guy that can 1 cut and catch out of the backfield (in stride)

I feel u. Even then he's gonna need to touch the ball 20+ times. 11 times would make him moot. Just ain't gonna cut it. McFadden is one of the most dangerous backs in the league and we **** him down, yet they kept feeding him the ball 27 times.

I feel u. Even then he's gonna need to touch the ball 20+ times. 11 times would make him moot. Just ain't gonna cut it. McFadden is one of the most dangerous backs in the league and we **** him down, yet they kept feeding him the ball 27 times.

Raiders are still sorting out their zone blocking scheme.