Early Voting In Nc Right Now...

lostone

Well kinda... A lot of Obama supporters.

Someone assumed I would vote straight ticket democrat for some odd reason...

*Cough* Because your black *Cough* You are in North Carolina still.

so where there many Johnson supporters? I am hoping he gets 5% of the votes. Gives Libertarians equal ballot access and federal funding.

Well kinda... A lot of Obama supporters.

Someone assumed I would vote straight ticket democrat for some odd reason...

that is because the average American won't take the time to learn about any of the candidates and voting straight ticket saves them the awful headache of having to think for themselves

that is because the average American won't take the time to learn about any of the candidates and voting straight ticket saves them the awful headache of having to think for themselves

Someone (white dude) was passing out Obama water... Said it was better than Romney water. Found out my state district runs from huntersville to steelcreek.... WTF!!!!

*Cough* Because your black *Cough* You are in North Carolina still.

so where there many Johnson supporters? I am hoping he gets 5% of the votes. Gives Libertarians equal ballot access and federal funding.

I'm almost positive that Johnson is not recognized by NC. He isn't on the ballot, and I feel like I read that a write in would not be recognized.

I live in Orange County (Chapel Hill), and it is a VERY liberal area. It's kind of a given that 95% of the county is going to vote for Obama, so the Republicans don't really bother trying to be vocal at the polling places. Although, we have gotten a lot of kindling in the mail from the Romney camp lately.

nah it was a black lady...

It took a lot for me not to give her the stink eye...

I think they just give everyone the heads up on voting straight party, because the judges had to be chosen separately, as their party affiliations are not listed. They told every single person in line this when I voted.

Edited by k-train

My wife and I did early voting on Wednesday in our district (outside of Raleigh). They were handing out brochures of all the Dem judges due to the ballots "not identifying them as Democrats". We both thought it was pretty pretentious and funny. Luckily, we had already done our research before we got there.

I'm almost positive that Johnson is not recognized by NC. He isn't on the ballot, and I feel like I read that a write in would not be recognized.

I live in Orange County (Chapel Hill), and it is a VERY liberal area. It's kind of a given that 95% of the county is going to vote for Obama, so the Republicans don't really bother trying to be vocal at the polling places. Although, we have gotten a lot of kindling in the mail from the Romney camp lately.

Johnson is on the NC ballot.

Nope. He's actually on the ballot.

Bizarre. I remember there being multiple options during the primaries, but when I went to vote a week ago, I swear the only candidates actually printed on the ballot were Obama and Romney. Maybe I just spaced on it as I went in knowing for whom I was going to vote.