Tennessee Vs South Carolina

Carter

I actually had some respect for the way the UT bench responded to Lattimore's injury. It was definitely a moment that was larger than football.

Also, I agree that Dooley can not catch a break. The poor guy has a head case at qb that crumbles in crunch time.

Bray has definitely collapsed at very bad times but I don't put the fumble in the USCe game on him at all. Clowney made a huge play after being kept in check by Antonio Richardson the entire game.

Do you think Bray is back next year?

If a new coach comes in, you have to think he might jump ship with the 2 WRs so they dont have to learn a whole new system and might hurt their stock even more.

I think all three need to come back but I'm not sure if they will. I've heard reports that Bray and Hunter will be back, but then I've head reports that Hunter is gone for sure. I hope Patterson will return especially if Hunter leaves. The chance to be the top WR would help him tremendously with his draft stock. There has been talk that he could have grade issues, if that's the case I'm sure he will be gone. The guy is an athletic freak of nature but he needs to work on his route running a lot.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

patterson is gone.. we have always known he was a one and done.. i don't see hunter coming back either.. with bray i don't think the staff is going to push for him to stay.. it's clear there is an issue with dooley and bray.

I would agree that Patterson is more than likely gone. I won't be shocked if all three of them leave. It's no question they all could benefit from another season but like an earlier poster said, with all the flux at Tennessee right now who knows what the coaching situation will be next year.

My hope is that Bray and the wrs leave before they figure it out because if they ever got it together on the field that offense would be scary good. Hunter is going to be the highest draft pick of the 3 in my opinion.

You're right but in actuality the thing that makes UT go is that offensive line. They are all very good to great at doing their jobs and together they are easily one of the best O lines in college football. If I'm correct I believe that almost every one of them came in at about the same time and were thrown into the fire right off the bat. I'm pretty sure most of them have another year (at least) to remain in Knoxville.

Let UT keep the wr's and the qb, but I personally hope that they lose a few of those O linemen.

You're right but in actuality the thing that makes UT go is that offensive line. They are all very good to great at doing their jobs and together they are easily one of the best O lines in college football. If I'm correct I believe that almost every one of them came in at about the same time and were thrown into the fire right off the bat. I'm pretty sure most of them have another year (at least) to remain in Knoxville.

Let UT keep the wr's and the qb, but I personally hope that they lose a few of those O linemen.

I agree, our O line has been outstanding this year. I believe all 5 will be in the league which is pretty impressive. Tiny made himself some money after his performance against Clowney.

I would agree that Patterson is more than likely gone. I won't be shocked if all three of them leave. It's no question they all could benefit from another season but like an earlier poster said, with all the flux at Tennessee right now who knows what the coaching situation will be next year.

i don't see patterson needing another year to improve.. he is nfl ready right now.. heck i thought he was nfl ready before he even arrived at tennessee.. i agree hunter and bray need another year, but to be honest will bray actually improve? he has shown with his poor decision making off the field and his poor decision making on the field imo that he is just another very talented qb that just doesn't have it between the ears. i don't think if bray had 4 more years if he would improve enough to be considered a qb who can lead a team. hunter to me is a mystery. he has nfl skills, but he seems to have taken a step back. i have lost count how many drops he had and it just doesn't seem like he is playing with much focus (i didn't see the entire vol's/usce game). maybe i am wrong on hunter, but that is what i have noticed when i have seen him play.

i don't see patterson needing another year to improve.. he is nfl ready right now.. heck i thought he was nfl ready before he even arrived at tennessee.. i agree hunter and bray need another year, but to be honest will bray actually improve? he has shown with his poor decision making off the field and his poor decision making on the field imo that he is just another very talented qb that just doesn't have it between the ears. i don't think if bray had 4 more years if he would improve enough to be considered a qb who can lead a team. hunter to me is a mystery. he has nfl skills, but he seems to have taken a step back. i have lost count how many drops he had and it just doesn't seem like he is playing with much focus (i didn't see the entire vol's/usce game). maybe i am wrong on hunter, but that is what i have noticed when i have seen him play.

I believe Bray has the potential to improve, if he will or not is an entirely different question. He obviously has the arm, and I don't think he is dumb, I think he is just lazy. I believe Hunter may be looking ahead to the NFL and watching out for himself this year. There has been a few plays where if he had commited a little more he could of made the catch but instead he has pulled up. His child was born over this past summer so that also could contribute to him wanting to go pro. I agree that Patterson is ready from a physical stand point. His route running needs to be worked on a lot but it's something he could easily learn in the pros. I am just irritated that all of this offensive talent has been off set by our wet paper bag defense. And it's not like we are lacking talent on defense either. Just a frustrating year all around.

I believe Bray has the potential to improve, if he will or not is an entirely different question. He obviously has the arm, and I don't think he is dumb, I think he is just lazy. I believe Hunter may be looking ahead to the NFL and watching out for himself this year. There has been a few plays where if he had commited a little more he could of made the catch but instead he has pulled up. His child was born over this past summer so that also could contribute to him wanting to go pro. I agree that Patterson is ready from a physical stand point. His route running needs to be worked on a lot but it's something he could easily learn in the pros. I am just irritated that all of this offensive talent has been off set by our wet paper bag defense. And it's not like we are lacking talent on defense either. Just a frustrating year all around.

we will see on bray.. i have just lost track on how many guys who are that talented, but never reach their potential because of one or another issue. maybe it's being lazy and part of that being lazy could have to do with preparing for games. i know when vick was in atlanta and i said this back then he was not going to reach potential til he was the first in and the last out instead of being the last into the clubhouse and first out of the clubhouse and how he didn't watch much video.. i was hammered when i said that and then vick many years later admitted publicly exactly what i was saying for years. you have all that talent in bray and imo he wastes it. yeah that could be the case with hunter and he wouldn't be the first who has family depending on him and he knows he is ready for the nfl, but doesn't want to get hurt in the process. it's really amazing how much nfl talent you have on that offense, but the transition to the 3-4 has been more painful than many vol fans expected.

we will see on bray.. i have just lost track on how many guys who are that talented, but never reach their potential because of one or another issue. maybe it's being lazy and part of that being lazy could have to do with preparing for games. i know when vick was in atlanta and i said this back then he was not going to reach potential til he was the first in and the last out instead of being the last into the clubhouse and first out of the clubhouse and how he didn't watch much video.. i was hammered when i said that and then vick many years later admitted publicly exactly what i was saying for years. you have all that talent in bray and imo he wastes it. yeah that could be the case with hunter and he wouldn't be the first who has family depending on him and he knows he is ready for the nfl, but doesn't want to get hurt in the process. it's really amazing how much nfl talent you have on that offense, but the transition to the 3-4 has been more painful than many vol fans expected.

I agree on the Bray issue. Our offense is one of the better ones we have had in a long time. It has a chance to be the most prolific offense in Tennessee history which is pretty crazy. If we had a top notch running back we would be flat out scary on O. The switch to the 3-4 has single handedly crippled this year. I know we have the talent but there is a disconnect somewhere. I don't know if the scheme is incredibly complex and it's just taking a while for everyone to learn it or if it is just being implemented very poorly.

A defense's poor performance the season following a transition to a 3-4 scheme is a pattern that we've all seen in recent history, first with Saban at 'Bama, then with Grantham at UGA and now with Sunseri at UT. And in the case of UA and UGA we've also seen those same defenses improve remarkably in year 2. It's quite a phenomenon and I'll be interested to see if UT follows suit if given the chance.

A defense's poor performance the season following a transition to a 3-4 scheme is a pattern that we've all seen in recent history, first with Saban at 'Bama, then with Grantham at UGA and now with Sunseri at UT. And in the case of UA and UGA we've also seen those same defenses improve remarkably in year 2. It's quite a phenomenon and I'll be interested to see if UT follows suit if given the chance.

Not sure if you're going to get that chance with this particular staff.