Tony G Is Key To Beating Wide 9

MSalmon

I looked at a lot of eagles vids in their wide nine. I keep noticing that when the DEs are flexed out, that they don't bother chipping the TE. The TE gets a free release. Logic says you run the ball inside to beat this formation, which would not allow the DEs to flex out, but rather force them to play run support. Doesn't it see that the real matchup is whatever

Lb has Tony G is key?

Seems to me you attack their D from the middle first, then force bad match ups on the WRs outside, after attacking the middle and some inside runs to keep pass rush at bay?

Am I wrong? Your thoughts?

Guest Negatorris

I already knew before this game that PHI's LBs won't be able to cover Tony. He will have a better game than he had against WAS. Most of Ryan's yards will go to him.

I already knew before this game that PHI's LBs won't be able to cover Tony. He will have a better game than he had against WAS. Most of Ryan's yards will go to him.

Seems logical to me. I've noticed that if you can control the middle, in wide 9 formations the safeties' gap responsibilities are to cheat up, giving you man coverage over the top. Very favorable for fast athletic wrs. Another key could be Julio on either bubble screens or crossing routes. I really wish that Turner was more of a receiving threat. If he was that would give us a multitude of 2-6 yd dump options with YAC potential

Eagles are at the top or near in the league at covering the TE. So I don't see how you could possibly know this.

Edited by VitalEagle

I looked at a lot of eagles vids in their wide nine. I keep noticing that when the DEs are flexed out, that they don't bother chipping the TE. The TE gets a free release. Logic says you run the ball inside to beat this formation, which would not allow the DEs to flex out, but rather force them to play run support. Doesn't it see that the real matchup is whatever

Lb has Tony G is key?

Seems to me you attack their D from the middle first, then force bad match ups on the WRs outside, after attacking the middle and some inside runs to keep pass rush at bay?

Am I wrong? Your thoughts?

Eagles also don't run the wide 9 every down.

Seems logical to me. I've noticed that if you can control the middle, in wide 9 formations the safeties' gap responsibilities are to cheat up, giving you man coverage over the top. Very favorable for fast athletic wrs. Another key could be Julio on either bubble screens or crossing routes. I really wish that Turner was more of a receiving threat. If he was that would give us a multitude of 2-6 yd dump options with YAC potential

I don't know about bubble screens with their corners. That could be risky. If we get man coverage over the top, especially with DRC, we'll thrive. I think Quizz could also do well as the receiving threat out of the backfield. Their LB Corps is improved from last year, so that might avert our plan to run as much, unless we do some draw plays (that could be very effective).

Guest Negatorris

Eagles are at the top or near in the league at covering the TE. So I don't see how you could possibly know this.

Tony Gonzalez is better than any TE the Eagles have faced this year. Just like most teams in the NFL, your LBs will not cover him.

Edit: I'm sure you didn't forget about last year when Tony destroyed the Eagles, especially in the redzone.

Edited by Torris

Tony had his best game of last year against Eagles. His game against Eagles was among top 10 performances of all the TE in the NFL last year according to PFF. I hope he has another monster game against them.

And faced with this overwhelming factoid, the ClownShoe Philly Troll known briefly as "VitalEagle" suffered a terminal bowel spasm and fell off the side of the earth.

Edited by PokerSteve

Except the eagles didn't have any I

And faced with this overwhelming factoid, the ClownShoe Philly Troll known briefly as "VitalEagle" suffered a terminal bowel spasm and fell off the side of the earth.

List one instance where I've been a troll. Or maybe you're just a lier? That's what I thoughtrolleyes.gif .

Tony Gonzalez is better than any TE the Eagles have faced this year. Just like most teams in the NFL, your LBs will not cover him.

Edit: I'm sure you didn't forget about last year when Tony destroyed the Eagles, especially in the redzone.

I'm sure you also forgot that Juan was the coordinator last year and the eagles had crap at the LB position. This year they have Ryans, and Kendricks.

Except the eagles didn't have any I

List one instance where I've been a troll. Or maybe you're just a lier? That's what I thoughtrolleyes.gif .

Because you're sitting in TATF making comments instead of the Atlanta Falcon Forum clearly labeled, "RIVAL CENTRAL." That's where you belong, but I guess some Philly fans are too ******** to grasp complex concepts like categories. But alas, since you're already here, rave on with your incredible pearls of wisdom, sir.

Because you're sitting in TATF making comments instead of the Atlanta Falcon Forum clearly labeled, "RIVAL CENTRAL." That's where you belong, but I guess some Philly fans are too ******** to grasp complex concepts like categories. But alas, since you're already here, rave on with your incredible pearls of wisdom, sir.

So now you're gonna cry like a baby.laugh.png

Oh and Categories isn't a complex concept. The fact that you think its so complex might indicate how slow you are. So that might mean you're ********

So now you're gonna cry like a baby.laugh.png

Oh and Categories isn't a complex concept. The fact that you think its so complex might indicate how slow you are. So that might mean you're ********

Excuse me Einstein, but I'm not the one blathering on the wrong forum on the wrong team's message board. Get a clue and get back to me ClownShoe.