A Couple Of Keys For Falcon Victory Sunday

PokerSteve

There are a couple of keys to a Falcon win vs the Eagles Sunday, and probably the most important is taking an early lead the way they did the first three games of the season. The other key is to put an entire game together, which they have yet to do, even in the first three games. Not being able to score quickly caused serious problems for the team in recent games and I believe we are going to have to score first in this game to come out with a win over the Eagles. How do you guys feel about putting points on the board first, preferably on the first drive? Is it critical, important, or no big deal?

Here's the link discussing this:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d8N7f?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=atlanta-falcons

this is the one game the Falcons play that I hope everything goes well and Mike Smith quit being a little btch & blow them dudes out. after the conversation I just had with a group of Eagles fans, which I was being totally respectful in. when I see them guys on Monday I need the old 'there is no doubt we beat the **** outta you' face. no lucky bounces, no last minute FGs I need Matt Ryan sitting on the bench in a sweat suit eating Doritos when the game ends

TALE OF THE TAPE

Falcons (rank)----------------------------------------------------------Eagles (rank)

28.5 (6) ------------------------- Points/Game-----------------------17.2 (30)

361.3 (13)-----------------------Total Offense-----------------------379.0 (7)

86.5 (29)-------------------------Net Rushing Yards/Game-------122.0 (10)

274.8 (8)-------------------------Net Passing Yards/Game--------257.0 (13)

31:15 (9)-------------------------Possession Average--------------31:08 (10)

18.8 (7)--------------------------Opponent Points/Game-----------20.8 (11)

367.2 (22)-----------------------Opponent Total Offense-----------330.8 (12)

143.8 (28)-----------------------Opp. Rushing Yards/Game-------104.5 (14)

223.3 (12)-----------------------Opp. Passing yards/Game--------226.3 (15)

+10 (3)---------------------------Turnover Differential----------------*-9 (30t)

Edited by Tuggle2

Guest Negatorris

If the Falcons get the early lead, they should be able to control the game for the most part. That was a vital part of our success in the first 3 games, and in the last 3 the other team scored first, forcing some comebacks. 80 Yard TD drive to start the game should get the guys going. NO FIELD GOALS.

Falcons Dline has to win the LOS battle, Ryan has to be sharp.

Think the real key is eliminate the unforced errors. That's dropped passes and missed blocking assignments on offense. On defense, it's gap control and holding the edge on run plays and being where you're supposed to be in passing downs.

What jumps out at me is we have to get better in the run game, on both sides of the ball. Pitting Falcon's 29th ranked rushing O against the Eagles's 14th ranked rushing D and Philly's 10th ranked rushing O against the Falcon's 28th ranked rushing D is could spell a long day, particularily if the field gets a bit sloppy.

What jumps out at me is we have to get better in the run game, on both sides of the ball. Pitting Falcon's 29th ranked rushing O against the Eagles's 14th ranked rushing D and Philly's 10th ranked rushing O against the Falcon's 28th ranked rushing D is could spell a long day, particularily if the field gets a bit sloppy.

Not just for this game, but throughout the rest of the season. We lack balance on offense and if you can't stop the run on D, you'll eventually get clobbered. This is fundamental football.

this is the one game the Falcons play that I hope everything goes well and Mike Smith quit being a little btch & blow them dudes out. after the conversation I just had with a group of Eagles fans, which I was being totally respectful in. when I see them guys on Monday I need the old 'there is no doubt we beat the **** outta you' face. no lucky bounces, no last minute FGs I need Matt Ryan sitting on the bench in a sweat suit eating Doritos when the game ends

I want a signature win in Philly, but I would prefer a signature beat down. Kind of like when those guys with the big wooden clubs go up against baby harp seals.

3 keys for me.

1-Turner runs for 100 yds.

2-Roddy and Julio have to beat single coverage outside. They have great players but so do we. Our recievers have to produce no matter who they play against.

3-Win the turn over battle.

Talking about the match-ups on our WRs vs Cromartie and Asomugha, I hope the zebras aren't going to call us every time our WRs stick a hand out to get free, but let them get away with holding every play.

Total agreement. Those of you who live here know my thoughts on the defensive scheme. It will not stop the run consistently, so the key is to make the other team willing not run on 2nd and 6 to 10+ yard type situations. We have to make them stop their run.

Just remember our formula. They rush for 12, they rush for 5, they rush for 10, but then we get a stuff to set up 2nd and long around mid-field. When we are ahead on the score board, very few teams will do the right thing and run on that 2nd and long, that will come up, at some point in a drive. If it is on the fist series of a drive, or the 4th, we need them to deiced not to run on 2nd and longish. That is the whole key to what Nolan is doing. Get into nickle and get after them.

one of the things Coach Smith has preached consistantly is getting off to a fast start. I agree that the Falcons definitely need to score first, we have a pretty good record doing that don't we?

I agree with getting ahead early and making them play catch up. but dude, you referenced a B/R article to back you up???? HAHAHAHAHAHAA that's funny right there

If the Falcons get the early lead, they should be able to control the game for the most part. That was a vital part of our success in the first 3 games, and in the last 3 the other team scored first, forcing some comebacks. 80 Yard TD drive to start the game should get the guys going. NO FIELD GOALS.

Exactly. Start out strong and just keep pouring it on.

Falcons Dline has to win the LOS battle, Ryan has to be sharp.

Think the real key is eliminate the unforced errors. That's dropped passes and missed blocking assignments on offense. On defense, it's gap control and holding the edge on run plays and being where you're supposed to be in passing downs.

Yea, i think you hit it there because as always when playing Vick our LBers got to stay home, we got to man up outside quite a bit and Moore is going to be deployed toward the TE and LOS, everyone is gonna be on lockdown, these guys that think we will play all this Amoeba vs. Vick got a screw loose....