Broken Record Realists = The Obnoxious Drunk Guy At The Game

Finally

You know that guy or sometimes gal. They think because they bought a ticket they can act any way they want with no regard to the fans around them that are trying to enjoy the game. Sometimes they spill beer on you.

Every hopeful thread is a bat signal to them. They get in early and make sure that everyone knows how furious they are about the last 3 games. Everyone goes through the same motions saying it is not as bad as all that but it does no good. The next hopeful thread gets the same treatment and the very same dance. You'd think eventually they would get tired of typing the same thing over and over and over again, but no.

They don't care if we are excited. They don't care that we want to celebrate the best start we have ever had a franchise they just want to make sure we all know how mad they are and how dim the outlook is, as they perceive it.

That's right. You have just as much right to post in every thread that anyone else does. I guess it is asking too much for you not to exercise your right so frequently and pervasively.

You know a lot of people hate FFS70 but I respect a person who can have differing opinions that also shows some restraint.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS1970 Is great , I enjoy his POV most the time. I might find it absolutely off the wall but I still enjoy it.

I hear what you're saying but those types will always be around. Whats funny about this year is the old ones calmed down and are pleasant to talk to now. They have been replaced by 3-4 new ones. Its like some sort of torch has been passed.

I guess they enjoy being #1s beech , lol ... God how I wish that whole story were true. It makes me happy when I imagine a troll king , one troll to rule them all.

If we could confine you whining about the views of other fans to one thread that would be great! A+ effort!

Apparently he'd much rather pound his chest in righteous indignation and launch into a holier-than-thou diatribe against every poster who has a more realistic view than he does than just hit the Ignore Button on those people he detests. Pretty silly and very childish.

Apparently he'd much rather pound his chest in righteous indignation and launch into a holier-than-thou diatribe against every poster who has a more realistic view than he does than just hit the Ignore Button on those people he detests. Pretty silly and very childish.

While I can agree with points on both sides. I do have to disagree that an overly negative POV is any less "real life" then an overly positive POV. The true " realist " is somewhere in the middle. I think the ones who claim " realist " here get lost in their own world sometimes and perceive the world with blinders on. Now thats not to say Homers don't do it too and in some cases to a larger extent.

agreed, You'd think eventually he would get tired of typing the same thing over and over and over again, but no.

It doesn't do any good to ignore you guys because other people will respond and then it hijacks whatever purpose the thread had originally.

I wouldn't care if you didn't feel the need to do it in every single thread. You seriously don't get that some fans might just want to celebrate and have a good time? Why is it you feel the need to attack that so much? It is not misery loves company it is misery demands company. In general I have liked you but this is basically trolling now. The same comments, the same debate, you might as well be Mr. Right.

While I can agree with points on both sides. I do have to disagree that an overly negative POV is any less "real life" then an overly positive POV. The true " realist " is somewhere in the middle. I think the ones who claim " realist " here get lost in their own world sometimes and perceive the world with blinders on. Now that's not to say Homers don't do it too and in some cases to a larger extent.

I've never claimed to be a realist, a hater or a homer, my opinion is my opinion, it ebbs and flows as the season progresses/ During PS I was probably considered a homer, same thing after the first three games, but now that my opinion has changed again all of a sudden I get lumped into a group of perpetual debbie downers.

Sure, I may have been more critical of the Falcons over the past 3 weeks than during the first 4 but does that somehow mean that I am any less of a fan? Trying to censor different views on a forum open to the public just because you don't agree with them is kind of ******** IMO. I've seen guys go on a moral crusade to stop all of the negative talk before but this is just kinda crazy.

The whole "I'm going to put these guys on ignore but spend every waking moment talking about them " schtick reeks of desperation and insecurity. Kinda like those guys that spend more time ranting about Swift and the rest of the garbage pale kids than they do talking about actual football.

It doesn't do any good to ignore you guys because other people will respond and then it hijacks whatever purpose the thread had originally.

I wouldn't care if you didn't feel the need to do it in every single thread. You seriously don't get that some fans might just want to celebrate and have a good time? Why is it you feel the need to attack that so much? It is not misery loves company it is misery demands company. In general I have liked you but this is basically trolling now. The same comments, the same debate, you might as well be Mr. Right.

Oh the irony!

I've never claimed to be a realist, a hater or a homer, my opinion is my opinion, it ebbs and flows as the season progresses/ During PS I was probably considered a homer, same thing after the first three games, but now that my opinion has changed again all of a sudden I get lumped into a group of perpetual debbie downers.

Sure, I may have been more critical of the Falcons over the past 3 weeks than during the first 4 but does that somehow mean that I am any less of a fan? Trying to censor different views on a forum open to the public just because you don't agree with them is kind of retarded IMO. I've seen guys go on a moral crusade to stop all of the negative talk before but this is just kinda crazy.

The whole "I'm going to put these guys on ignore but spend every waking moment talking about them " schtick reeks of desperation and insecurity. Kinda like those guys that spend more time ranting about Swift and the rest of the garbage pale kids than they do talking about actual football.

I hear you. Its all of our team and we all react differently. I can agree though that sometimes in certain threads the negativity is about as welcome as a wet fart.

While I can agree with points on both sides. I do have to disagree that an overly negative POV is any less "real life" then an overly positive POV. The true " realist " is somewhere in the middle. I think the ones who claim " realist " here get lost in their own world sometimes and perceive the world with blinders on. Now thats not to say Homers don't do it too and in some cases to a larger extent.

I can agree that we have had 3 outings that have not gone as well as perhaps they should. I can agree that there are problems with the team. I just can't do anything about it. So, sure, I will rant some and kick some kittens and I will be happy to debate my POV with anyone who disagrees but at a certain point enough is enough. I might as well be hopeful because the alternative is doom and gloom.

The problem is it has gone beyond that. Now PS and his unmerry band want to make sure that anyone hopeful gets a dose of the morose.

I was that fan at a Redskins/Cowboys MNF game once. Pulling for the Skins because my good friend is a huge fan and I hate Dallas. Lady told me to be quiet and I pulled an Ari Gold on her. "I paid $200 bucks for these seats I'll go out there and throw a pass if I want to." Not one of my prouder moments.

I can agree that we have had 3 outings that have not gone as well as perhaps they should. I can agree that there are problems with the team. I just can't do anything about it. So, sure, I will rant some and kick some kittens and I will be happy to debate my POV with anyone who disagrees but at a certain point enough is enough. I might as well be hopeful because the alternative is doom and gloom.

The problem is it has gone beyond that. Now PS and his unmerry band want to make sure that anyone hopeful gets a dose of the morose.

If you spent less time bltchin about other fans and more time talking about the falcons you might actually have some ground to stand on. One one side you have guys that "constantly" complain about the Falcons on the other side you have a guy that constantly complains about those guys constantly complaining about the Falcons. Yeah, that's the ticket. Changing the world one MB at a time rolleyes.gif

I was that fan at a Redskins/Cowboys MNF game once. Pulling for the Skins because my good friend is a huge fan and I hate Dallas. Lady told me to be quiet and I pulled an Ari Gold on her. "I paid $200 bucks for these seats I'll go out there and throw a pass if I want to." Not one of my prouder moments.

At least you didn't attack a woman in a fast food restaurant because she was wearing another team's jersey.

Personally, one thing I enjoy about this board IS the diversity of opinion. I tend to be a blind homer who only sees the good, and ignores the bad. Reading a lot of differing opinions keeps me in balance. I think in some ways that is true about all of use: we keep each other in check so to speak when our opinions get a tad extreme.

You know that guy or sometimes gal. They think because they bought a ticket they can act any way they want with no regard to the fans around them that are trying to enjoy the game. Sometimes they spill beer on you.

Every hopeful thread is a bat signal to them. They get in early and make sure that everyone knows how furious they are about the last 3 games. Everyone goes through the same motions saying it is not as bad as all that but it does no good. The next hopeful thread gets the same treatment and the very same dance. You'd think eventually they would get tired of typing the same thing over and over and over again, but no.

They don't care if we are excited. They don't care that we want to celebrate the best start we have ever had a franchise they just want to make sure we all know how mad they are and how dim the outlook is, as they perceive it.

That's right. You have just as much right to post in every thread that anyone else does. I guess it is asking too much for you not to exercise your right so frequently and pervasively.

You know a lot of people hate FFS70 but I respect a person who can have differing opinions that also shows some restraint.

I really don't notice this as much as everyone else seems to. I have a filter and there are some names that I literally don't bother to read their contributions. If they say something intelligent, I respond, but noise is easy to ignore.