How Is This Odd Season Gonna Turn Out In The End

Dirtybird#11

with all the wild things going on around the nfl like the saints,patriots struggling an the surprising vikings,seahawks being a decent team in the nfl how is it all gonna turn out in the end of the season.I know most ATL fans will say we wiin the super bowl but who is gonna be in or out of the playoffs with us.Also how many will we drop or will we NOT LOSE A GAME THIS YEAR.I find it funny to watch the nfl week in an week out because its so unpredictable to me anyways.

I think this is how it will all turn out in my book....

AFC

BENGALS 7-9

CHIEFS 4-12

COLTS 8-8

DOLPHINS 8-8

BILLS 4-12

BRONCOS 10-6 WEST

CHARGERS 9-7 WILDCARD

JETS 6-10

PATRIOTS 11-5 EAST

BROWNS 2-14

JAGUARS 2-14

TITANS 5-11

RAVENS 11-5 NORTH

TEXANS 14-2 SOUTH

STEELERS 8-8 WILDCARD HAVE MORE EASY GMS THAN COLTS,DOLPHINS

RAIDERS 4-12

NFC

CARDINALS 7-9

FALCONS 14-2 SOUTH

PANTHERS 5-11

BEARS 9-7

COWBOYS 6-10

LIONS 3-13

PACKERS 10-6 NORTH

VIKINGS 9-7 WILDCARD

BUCCANEERS 6-10

SAINTS 9-7

GIANTS 12-4 EAST

EAGLES 7-9

49ERS 12-4 WEST

SEAHAWKS 10-6 WILDCARD

REDSKINS 8-8

RAMS 7-9

PLAYOFFS

AFC

31 PATRIOTS VS STEELERS 21

35 BRONCOS VS CHARGERS 17

28 TEXANS VS BRONCOS 24

20 RAVENS VS PATRIOTS 24

28 TEXANS VS PATRIOTS 21

NFC

31 49ERS VS VIKINGS 14

28 PACKERS VS SEAHAWKS 20

31 FALCONS VS PACKERS 28

21 GIANTS VS 49ERS 17

35 FALCONS VS GIANTS 31

SUPER BOWL

17 FALCONS VS TEXANS 13

THATS IS HOW THE STORY GOES FOR ME.... GO ATL

The Falcons looked like world-beaters the first three games of the year, then that aura of invincibility faded faster than a morning mist in summer time as they struggled to very unconvincing wins against average-to-poor teams in their last three games. To make matters worse, some long-standing problems ~ no pass rush, no run defense, weak OL, appeared to get worse with each succeeding game and then even Ryan began to show feet of clay with some horrendous decisions with the football. The upcoming game vs the Eagles might well prove to be the pivotal game of the season for the Falcons. They have a lot of problems and the rosy glow of the first three games has disappeared, replaced by a lot of doubts and question marks. If the Falcons don't look markedly better after the bye week, if they don't crush an Eagles team that is basically in free-fall with its QB and its head coach in trouble, then any hope the Falcons are going to finish the season as a number-one seed, or go deep in the play-offs, or get to the Super Bowl is going to be dashed.

The Falcons looked like world-beaters the first three games of the year, then that aura of invincibility faded faster than a morning mist in summer time as they struggled to very unconvincing wins against average-to-poor teams in their last three games. To make matters worse, some long-standing problems ~ no pass rush, no run defense, weak OL, appeared to get worse with each succeeding game and then even Ryan began to show feet of clay with some horrendous decisions with the football. The upcoming game vs the Eagles might well prove to be the pivotal game of the season for the Falcons. They have a lot of problems and the rosy glow of the first three games has disappeared, replaced by a lot of doubts and question marks. If the Falcons don't look markedly better after the bye week, if they don't crush an Eagles team that is basically in free-fall with its QB and its head coach in trouble, then any hope the Falcons are going to finish the season as a number-one seed, or go deep in the play-offs, or get to the Super Bowl is going to be dashed.

I know you're a Falcons fan but dang doesn't it suck to be half glass full all of the time? I couldn't live my life like that.

Wait ... so let me get this straight?

If we lose to the Iggles then our playoff hopes are dashed?

LOL WTF?

That post went off the deep end. laugh.png

I know you're a Falcons fan but dang doesn't it suck to be half glass full all of the time? I couldn't live my life like that.

Yes, it sucks. Sucks worse than the biggest Black Hole in the whole universe. It makes me want to go out and kick kittens, buy a hooded robe and start practicing Black Magick, take up Voo Doo and start sacrificing chickens as the pre-game show comes on. It makes me want to go postal every time I see Heath Evans on tv. It's worse than watching every pet you loved all your life simultaneously getting hit by a semi every moment you're awake. Actually it's way worse than any of these things all put together, but I can't figure out how to adequately describe it.

Wait ... so let me get this straight?

If we lose to the Iggles then our playoff hopes are dashed?

LOL WTF?

That post went off the deep end. laugh.png

I sincerely believe this game is going to show this team's true colors. Another meltdown would make it four games in a row of looking very average; of not taking care of business the way it has to be taken care of if you're a top-tier team. One poor game is understandable, two in a row, something to be concerned about, three bad games in a row is a red flag, a real danger sign, and FOUR bad games in a row is a train-wreck in slow motion.

Yes, it sucks. Sucks worse than the biggest Black Hole in the whole universe. It makes me want to go out and kick kittens, buy a hooded robe and start practicing Black Magick, take up Voo Doo and start sacrificing chickens as the pre-game show comes on. It makes me want to go postal every time I see Heath Evans on tv. It's worse than watching every pet you loved all your life simultaneously getting hit by a semi every moment you're awake. Actually it's way worse than any of these things all put together, but I can't figure out how to adequately describe it.

Well, i'm not sure if you're joking or not, but if you're not, please get some help. I couldn't imagine what'd it be like to have a cloud over my head all of the time.

I sincerely believe this game is going to show this team's true colors. Another meltdown would make it four games in a row of looking very average; of not taking care of business the way it has to be taken care of if you're a top-tier team. One poor game is understandable, two in a row, something to be concerned about, three bad games in a row is a red flag, a real danger sign, and FOUR bad games in a row is a train-wreck in slow motion.

What happens if we blow the Eagles out of the water and dominate them? I say we're due to have an opposing teams coach on the podium saying " I don't know what happened, we faced a great team and we have work to do ".

The important thing is not a single hopeful thread goes without you taking a crap in it.

Well, i'm not sure if you're joking or not, but if you're not, please get some help. I couldn't imagine what'd it be like to have a cloud over my head all of the time.

You're a good guy and a good poster here. I sincerely hope neither you (nor anybody else in here for that matter) ever feels as tormented by the ups and downs of this team as I do. I can stomach losing. That's not something I like, but I can stand it if the team plays to its capabilities and just gets beat by a better team. But to go out and play sloppy, to play scared, to pizz around after getting a lead and let a mediocre team get back into the game and maybe win it sends me way over the edge. Obviously that's neither a good thing for me nor for all you guys in TATF who have to read my semi-insane rants. You all can look at the same game, shake your heads, shrug your shoulders, smile ruefully and then go pop open another brew. Maybe it's because I don't have that much time left to see this team get that first Super Bowl win.

What happens if we blow the Eagles out of the water and dominate them? I say we're due to have an opposing teams coach on the podium saying " I don't know what happened, we faced a great team and we have work to do ".

If we dominate the Eagles and blow them out of the water, it will signal this team has gotten back on track; they DO have the ability to take care of their own problems and take care of business against a talented, dangerous team on the road, a team which has bedeviled us in the past. It will show the rest of the NFL the past three games were just a bump in the road, not a trend back toward mediocrity and being content with having a winning season then getting beat down in the first round of the play-offs. With the Falcons long history of coming up short when the chips are down, this game means far more to the Falcons than it does to the Eagles. They haven't shown they're going anywhere this year, whereas the Falcons started the season dominating teams and amassing the best record in the league.

Right. Because it's not like there are two new coordinators installing two new schemes that the players are getting comfortable with. And even if there were, the players should automatically pick it up without any sort of struggle during the stretch of the season. Because if last year's Giants and the 2010 Packers have taught us anything, it's that a team with good talent and good coaching can never struggle in the regular season and expect to have success in the postseason. Also, the reason there is supposed to be rain Sunday is because the sky is actually falling.

You're a good guy and a good poster here. I sincerely hope neither you (nor anybody else in here for that matter) ever feels as tormented by the ups and downs of this team as I do. I can stomach losing. That's not something I like, but I can stand it if the team plays to its capabilities and just gets beat by a better team. But to go out and play sloppy, to play scared, to pizz around after getting a lead and let a mediocre team get back into the game and maybe win it sends me way over the edge. Obviously that's neither a good thing for me nor for all you guys in TATF who have to read my semi-insane rants. You all can look at the same game, shake your heads, shrug your shoulders, smile ruefully and then go pop open another brew. Maybe it's because I don't have that much time left to see this team get that first Super Bowl win.

Well I hope we hoist that trophy. I think our team's floor is higher than it has been in a long time but I like you are waiting to see them shoot towards the ceiling consistantly. Hopefully we're all around long enough to see multiple trophies.

Right. Because it's not like there are two new coordinators installing two new schemes that the players are getting comfortable with. And even if there were, the players should automatically pick it up without any sort of struggle during the stretch of the season. Because if last year's Giants and the 2010 Packers have taught us anything, it's that a team with good talent and good coaching can never struggle in the regular season and expect to have success in the postseason. Also, the reason there is supposed to be rain Sunday is because the sky is actually falling.

These players have been playing under these two new coordinators since preseason. That's 10 games to get comfortable with new schemes that, from what I've seen aren't a lot different than what this team has been doing for the past four years. Ryan is throwing the ball more, Turner is getting less carries, but otherwise this "new" offensive scheme seems to be basically just putting in one or two screen plays a game. On defense, the scheme is still play off the wide receivers, give up a ton of yards on the ground and pray that somebody will pick off a pass or strip the football in the waning seconds and pray we can get the ball close enough for Bryant to kick a 50-yard FG before the clock runs out. If this Falcons 2012 edition wants to be taken seriously, if they even want to take themselves seriously as a Super Bowl contender, they need to beat hale out of the Eagles Sunday.

At our current level of play we will not beat NYG or GB to advance and that's a fact

I think that the Falcons right now would be able to challenge GB because they don't run the ball and the Falcons secondary is significantly improved. As for NYG, Bradshaw would shred the Falcons run D based on how bad they have been as of late. I trust Nolan making the proper adjustments and the return of Peters to improve the run D.

These players have been playing under these two new coordinators since preseason. That's 10 games to get comfortable with new schemes that, from what I've seen aren't a lot different than what this team has been doing for the past four years. Ryan is throwing the ball more, Turner is getting less carries, but otherwise this "new" offensive scheme seems to be basically just putting in one or two screen plays a game. On defense, the scheme is still play off the wide receivers, give up a ton of yards on the ground and pray that somebody will pick off a pass or strip the football in the waning seconds and pray we can get the ball close enough for Bryant to kick a 50-yard FG before the clock runs out. If this Falcons 2012 edition wants to be taken seriously, if they even want to take themselves seriously as a Super Bowl contender, they need to beat hale out of the Eagles Sunday.

My bad. I hadn't considered that 4-game stretch where the starters only play a couple series, a full quarter, one full game, and then nothing, respectively, known as the preseason. Because that's when you really unfold everything. In the preseason, when the games really matter. The '07 Pats and '07 Lions are perfect examples of this. And defensively, all zone schemes are the same. So you're right again. There can't be any changes if Nolan has them playing zone and BVG had them playing zone. It's got to be the exact same. Because everybody knows Asante is a bump and run corner, and the only way to change is to make him play that way. Duh. And it's not like Nolan will adjust because he hasn't done that in a game so far at any point in the season, like against Washington when Morris only had 35 rushing yards in the second half, or like limiting Oakland's running back, who's one of the best in the league to 2.6 yards a carry.

At the end of the day, all future success for a football team is always decided by the end of October. Consequently, all panic being induced at the end of October is completely necessary.

My bad. I hadn't considered that 4-game stretch where the starters only play a couple series, a full quarter, one full game, and then nothing, respectively, known as the preseason. Because that's when you really unfold everything. In the preseason, when the games really matter. The '07 Pats and '07 Lions are perfect examples of this. And defensively, all zone schemes are the same. So you're right again. There can't be any changes if Nolan has them playing zone and BVG had them playing zone. It's got to be the exact same. Because everybody knows Asante is a bump and run corner, and the only way to change is to make him play that way. Duh. And it's not like Nolan will adjust because he hasn't done that in a game so far at any point in the season, like against Washington when Morris only had 35 rushing yards in the second half, or like limiting Oakland's running back, who's one of the best in the league to 2.6 yards a carry.

At the end of the day, all future success for a football team is always decided by the end of October. Consequently, all panic being induced at the end of October is completely necessary.

Whether they took the "new" schemes onto the field during preseason is really unimportant. The other five days and 30 hours per week they would have devoted to learning and practicing said new schemes, amirite? But, to give you your due, the defense did manage to stop Morris from running completely wild in the second half, but then somehow managed to give up an easy TD pass to a rookie substitue QB. Frankly I'd rather they just gave up some more yards to Morris and not let them score. But rave on, us losing to the Eagles would just mean we're on the right track and we will finish out the season 15-1, correct??

Edited by PokerSteve

Whether they took the "new" schemes onto the field during preseason is really unimportant. The other five days and 30 hours per week they would have devoted to learning and practicing said new schemes, amirite?

It's actually very relevant, as most gameplanning involves film, meaning it's based on the opponent's strategies.

But, to give you your due, the defense did manage to stop Morris from running completely wild in the second half, but then somehow managed to give up an easy TD pass to a rookie substitue QB. Frankly I'd rather they just gave up some more yards to Morris and not let them score.

That was literally one fluke play.

But rave on, us losing to the Eagles would just mean we're on the right track and we will finish out the season 15-1, correct??

Never said that. I'm saying that one game with 2 fluke plays that made the score seem like the game was closer than it really was (Washington), a hard-fought game against a division rival (Carolina), and one out-and-out sloppy offensive game that we still won(Oakland) is not a reason to worry about the season and act like everything is headed for disaster.

We never gave up a ton of yards on the ground under smith. We've been top 10 against the run 3 out of 4 years. Where did u get that notion from?