You're Probably Gonna Think I'm Crazy For This..

xskyx

Alright, I know we've had multiple topics about this guy, but... Tim Tebow. NOT AS A QB THOUGH.

I think he would be a good fit for a backup tight end and special team player. Tony G ain't getting any younger.. Tebow is a natural athlete (and a horrible QB). If he's cheap enough (and he should be, as he has no QB value), I say we scoop him up...and by cheap enough, i mean a 7th round pick.

The guy is fast, strong, and naturally gifted. He's also a great field presence. He brings a bit of a spark wherever he goes.

Opinions?

Edited by xskyx

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has he ever played a position where he had to catch the ball? I don't think so. He could line up as running back, I just am not sold on him as a TE though. could he concentrate on catching it over the middle knowing he's about to get blasted, with no prior experience doing so?

I'll 'pass'....no pun intended

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

- why would we give up a 7th. when he was given to the jets for that price.

- also we knew this before the trade was on the board from the broncos.

- We knew Tony was saying he was looking at going already when Tebpw was on broncos

so why would we do this now?

- why would we give up a 7th. when he was given to the jets for that price.

- also we knew this before the trade was on the board from the broncos.

- We knew Tony was saying he was looking at going already when Tebpw was on broncos

so why would we do this now?

I said a 7th at the most. If we can get him for a washing machine and a pack of skittles, i'd take that deal first. As far as I know, 7th is about the least you can give. When broncos were trading him, he had a little more value than he does now. Other teams actually wanted him. Now, i'm thinking there won't be alot of suitors chasing him. We probably wouldn't have too hard of a time acquiring him now. That's why.

And about the not needing a project.. Would it really hurt to attempt in developing him for a year or so behind Palmer or whichever end we choose to start? We definitely have lesser players in developement.

Great idea. Bring in a distraction that has never played that position to take the place of a future HoFer.

Yeah, because I definitely said he's guaranteed to take Tony's place. I totally said that up there. You're right. dry.png

I said he could be a project, someone to basically try out. The guy is athletic and plays with alot of heart. What would it really hurt? We've had/have worse players on the roster for years who amounted to nothing. What's one more attempt?

Edited by xskyx

I think they would definitely take a 9th round pick. Bring him home, TD!

Can't tell if serious or sarcasm.. lol. But yeah, like I said before, what would it hurt to try? Can't be any worse than keeping Redman on the roster for 4 years lol (or Ray Edwards for two so far angry.png )

Can't tell if serious or sarcasm.. lol. But yeah, like I said before, what would it hurt to try? Can't be any worse than keeping Redman on the roster for 4 years lol (or Ray Edwards for two so far angry.png )

Oh I am 100 percent serious. If they trade for a 9th round pick I will be completely on board with this idea.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

I said a 7th at the most. If we can get him for a washing machine and a pack of skittles, i'd take that deal first. As far as I know, 7th is about the least you can give. When broncos were trading him, he had a little more value than he does now. Other teams actually wanted him. Now, i'm thinking there won't be alot of suitors chasing him. We probably wouldn't have too hard of a time acquiring him now. That's why.

And about the not needing a project.. Would it really hurt to attempt in developing him for a year or so behind Palmer or whichever end we choose to start? We definitely have lesser players in developement.

not arguement on him being a project. I actually wanted him for the exact reasons you are saying. but I am just wondering why we would now pursue him with it being the same deal (he would be less value because he stinks more now then he did last year). we already knew tony was about to talk.

Welcome aboard, sir. smile.png

I'm all for letting you continue to believe everything you read on the internet, but there's only 7 rounds in the draft. There is no 9th pick. He was messing with you, and for good reason. This trade idea is absolutely horrible. Someone needs to sit you down and explain the reasons why it is so bad. I would explain in great detail, but I think it's a job for someone you're close to. Maybe a father/son talk. Call your pops and ask him his opinion on it.