L. Tomlinson - Just Not So Good At Speaking ...

Kizu_7

Nfl network was chatting about the Falcons v. Eagles. Lots calling for an ATL loss, but Prime supported the Falcons.

Anyway I think LT sounds very, for lack of a better word, stupid. Just seems like they could have found somebody a little more articulate and with something to say ... his analysis is so vague and broad. just wanted to complain about that a bit ...

Edited by Kizu_7

i went through broadcast journalism school and I have worked with cbs sports/espn/nfl films/fox/ and some others. It takes time to learn how to speak on camera (easier to be intv. than to sit at a desk). Kinda tacky saying the guy isn't articulate because he hasn't perfected being able to host yet.

Edited by Markieh18

i went through broadcast journalism school and I have worked with cbs sports/espn/nfl films/fox/ and some others. It takes time to learn how to speak on camera (easier to be intv. than to sit at a desk). Kinda tacky saying the guy isn't articulate because he hasn't perfected being able to host yet.

Agree with this...

I have listened to LT on the radio and have spoken with him a couple times over the phone (also via his radio show). I never once got the impression that he didn't have a sound head on his shoulders...and he certainly did not remind me of Emmitt Smith.

I do believe being in front of the camera is far more difficult...and probably takes getting used to. I wouldn't know of course...but it just makes too much sense to me...

Is it too tacky for your tastes to say he sucks at it? I mean this is not some local sports show he is on here. I blame the producers who think just because some guy played in the NFL he can be a media star too. The guy is horrible.

Great post.

Is it too tacky for your tastes to say he sucks at it? I mean this is not some local sports show he is on here. I blame the producers who think just because some guy played in the NFL he can be a media star too. The guy is horrible.

He has never been known for his articulation. Even with that said, Markieh is right, it takes time to learn this job for trained professionals much less former NFL players who do this with minimal training.

I just think it was kind of dumb to say that an eagles win will be an upset when technically we are the underdogs!!!

atlanta isn't the underdog. Home teams automatically gets 3 points. I think philly is favored by 2. So technically we are the favorites in that sense. And outside of gambling it would be an upset if Philly beats us

I've heard him speak on NFL Sirius radio and his diction is horrible. I don't think it has anything to do with being articulate, it sounds more like a strong Texas drawl that is difficult to understand. He's just a country boy and talks like one. He needs to work with someone on his diction. It's not just LT that's speaks that way, there are a number of young guys in the NFL that can't express themselves or enunciate their words properly.

Then he shouldn't be on television. Period. I don't care what his resume looks like. That's like if a camera man is shaking uncontrollably, and you respond with "give the dude a break! I went to school for video photography and it's not that easy!" I'm in my senior year of journalism at the University of Missouri for radio broadcasting, and there's still people I go to school with who I wouldn't trust in front of a TV camera in a million years. Sometimes it just takes the talent to do so. Something LT CLEARLY does not have.

No one is disagreeing with you on your assertion of his lack of ability for the position but at the same time we are just saying it takes time regardless but honestly, the NFL wants those guys to have these jobs otherwise more qualified candidates would do these jobs. We all know the NFL, NBA, MLB dictate who ESPN hires.

I have to agree with you on this one. I guess when a player is a future HOF'er then the ability to speak proficiently and articulate goes out the window..... Darren Sharper is the absolute worst imo, Honorable mentions to ...Jerry Rice,Emmit Smith and Lomas Brown...

Darren Sharper is figgin awful. There are so many terrible sports broadcasters.

Is that the Digable Planets in your avatar picture?

Darren Sharper is figgin awful. There are so many terrible sports broadcasters.

Is that the Digable Planets in your avatar picture?

I have to change the channel when he is breaking down film/plays its painful listening to that guy. Lomas Brown sounds like he has marbles in his mouth - Who is doing the interviews hahaha....Yeah Diggable Planets.. one of my favorite groups from the 90's