Who Here Is Interested To See How We Play In Bad Weather?

DarkFalcon

It's supposed to rain and be really windy thanks to the approaching Hurricane on Sunday. I'd like to see our Offense play well in this type of weather. I want to see us physically dominate the Eagles in the ground game in a way we haven't seen our ground game this year.

Who else here is interested to see how we play in bad weather?

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

But it's nowhere near what it's expected to be Sunday.

well then after this one. guess we would need to see how they play in a blizard; in ice (oh wait did that in the playoffs against the packturds); in a tornado; with a lambordi; with a ring on their finger. etc etc etc.

If we go even one game over .500 the rest of the way we are very likely to be indoors for as long as the post season lasts. That said, I would love to see us play in marginal conditions just to blow up one more myth. I just don't want it so sloppy the field starts coming apart and guys start collecting pulls and strains.

In general on loose turf they say you see fewer catastrophic injuries (turf lets go of your foot), but more pulls and strains from legs flying out form under you and such.

I was reading up on their turf today. It is 97% real, 3% synthetic. The article said the synthetic part goes about 7 inches deep and the roots of the natural grass entwine in it "anchoring" the turf. It is supposed to hold tight and drain extremely well. It looks like the rain Sunday is just going to be rain showers and not a constant downpour...that comes on Monday.

Guest Negatorris

Not me... better chance of injuries.

Exactly. And with the way the OL has looked, Ryan will be put at risk to take a nasty hit. He's been getting up from em for years, but I don't know how long he can keep taking shots.

I would put money on it if Turner struggles we will see a good dose of snelling

I would love to see Snelling. He's getting like 2 touches a game. Can someone explain to me why we kept him if we're not going to use him? We could have used that money somewhere else. It absolutely pisses me off that Snelling doesn't see the ball anymore.

Well I guess you say we might be "interested" to see how we play, but I am certainly hoping we don't have too. With us primarily focused on passing, and our run game basically nonexistent, that type of weather is not good for us at all. Maybe it would "force" us to focus on run more, but with our pitiful O-line run blocking and Turner's overall reduced production I don't think we can run against that Eagles front four. This is quickly becoming apparent as our Achilles heals. How ironic that the team that got here on the back of the running game suddenly can't run at all.

Yeah we hear about us getting familiar with the scheme, and I hope that is the case. But honestly, I am starting to think it is just "hope" with no substance. Simple truth is the O-line can't open a hole, and Turner just can't get the yards anymore for whatever reason. I am his biggest homer, but like some of you, I would like to see Snelling get some extended snaps to see if he can do any better.

Maybe the only positive thing I can see in that type of weather is what dirtybird#11 pointed out: the Eagles may turnover the ball more. Especially Vick with that one handed ball in the air running style.