Key Games This Week

Finally

Panthers/Bears

Niners/Cards

Giants/Cowboys

Bucs/Vikings

Saints/Broncos

I left ours off because we have beaten that dead horse already enough.

Obviously the faster our division gets clinched the better but this would be a good week for the Panthers to wake up and win one. I doubt it happens but it would be good to have a cushion in the conference.

Even though the Vikings are up there too I would rather them hang another loss on the Bucs. I am just not completely sold on the Vikings being a real playoff contender this year.

Since the Broncos are AFC that one is a no-brainer.

Be nice if the Cards hung a loss on the Niners but like the Panthers I don't see it happening. This is the least likely upset of the week IMO.

I say the Cowboys have the best shot at helping us this week.

I know this is not strictly TATF but I am sick of all of the other conversations. The Bye week really sucks this way.

So. Thoughts? Opinions?

I want to see Peyton drop 500yds and 5tds on the Taints.

As much as Id like to see Carolina drop the Bears and give us a larger lead , I don't think it happens.

The Bucs need to lose , I can honestly see us dropping one to them this year. The more L's they have the better.

It would be nice to the Girls beat New York , Im not sure how possible that is.

Panthers/Bears

Niners/Cards

Giants/Cowboys

Bucs/Vikings

Saints/Broncos

Obviously the faster our division gets clinched the better but this would be a good week for the Panthers to wake up and win one. I doubt it happens but it would be good to have a cushion in the conference.

Even though the Vikings are up there too I would rather them hang another loss on the Bucs. I am just not completely sold on the Vikings being a real playoff contender this year.

Be nice if the Cards hung a loss on the Niners but like the Panthers I don't see it happening. This is the least likely upset of the week IMO.

I know this is not strictly TATF but I am sick of all of the other conversations. The Bye week really sucks this way.

So. Thoughts? Opinions?

Minny has a great team outside of their pedestrian QB. They could make the playoffs and it wouldn't bother me if they did.

I think the Cardinals are finished. 2 weeks ago I thought they could be 9-7, but now I think they'll lose 10 games. Not much hope against the 49ers.

The Cowboys are going to beat the Giants or beat themselves. I'd bet on the latter. Bad clock management, dropped passes, stupid penalties, careless turnovers, etc.

I think the Bears will demolish the Panthers.

The Saints/Broncos should be an excellent game. Very close. No real feel to who will win.

Panthers/Bears

Niners/Cards

Giants/Cowboys

Bucs/Vikings

Saints/Broncos

So. Thoughts? Opinions?

I think ARI can beat the Niners. They are at home and playing a division foe they know well.

I want to see Peyton drop 500yds and 5tds on the Taints..

The important thing about the Broncos winning, to me, is to cap off any momentum the saints may be feeling after 2 wins. Even as lousy as that defense is this year they are still a more dangerous team when they are a positive streak.

Minny has a great team outside of their pedestrian QB. They could make the playoffs and it wouldn't bother me if they did.

Agreed. I think they are playing for a possible wildcard spot. They should go ahead and help bury the bucs.

I think ARI can beat the Niners. They are at home and playing a division foe they know well.

I think the Niners would have to beat themselves. I thought Red Skeleton or whatever the number 2 guy's name is, is starting again this week.

My picks

Bears over Panthers

Broncos over Saints

Cards over Niners

Giants over Cowboys.

Bucs over Vikings. This could probably go other way but this game has all the makings of a low scoring slugfest.

I'd like to hear your thoughts about the Cards/Niners game.

On the Bucs/Viking game even if on paper they were 50/50 I have to give the nod to the home team and on a short week I'd favor the home team by a larger margin.

I am actually curious as to how often the travelling teams have won on TNF.

On the Bucs/Viking game even if on paper they were 50/50 I have to give the nod to the home team and on a short week I'd favor the home team by a larger margin.

Frank Gore might not be effective with Sore Ribs and also Cards came back and won a close game last year against Niners. It will be a divisional battle and I doubt if Alex Smith can carry the team if Gore is not effective in running the ball. Arizona Offensive line is bad and it will be crucial for Arizona running game to take the pressure off passing game. Howling is more like a scat back and can give problems to SF. So far this year only one road team won the TNF game.

Frank Gore might not be effective with Sore Ribs and also Cards came back and won a close game last year against Niners. It will be a divisional battle and I doubt if Alex Smith can carry the team if Gore is not effective in running the ball. Arizona Offensive line is bad and it will be crucial for Arizona running game to take the pressure off passing game. Howling is more like a scat back and can give problems to SF. So far this year only one road team won the TNF game.

Didn't realize Gore was beat up. Interesting. Well I hope the Cards can do it again. They seem to be on a free-fall. Remember earlier in the year how media legit they were? In a pretender vs contender segment everyone annointed them contenders then they go on a 3 game losing streak. I take no joy in their fall (other than all of the offsides during the WC game in 08) but it is sad how wrong the media is most of the time.

Didn't realize Gore was beat up. Interesting. Well I hope the Cards can do it again. They seem to be on a free-fall. Remember earlier in the year how media legit they were? In a pretender vs contender segment everyone annointed them contenders then they go on a 3 game losing streak. I take no joy in their fall (other than all of the offsides during the WC game in 08) but it is sad how wrong the media is most of the time.

I do expect Arizona to fall behind a bit this year but their DL matches up well with the Niners athletic OL. Niners move and shift their Offensive lineman in Run blocking. This is a game which can go either way but I would go with Cards in this one and Fitz might pull out a game winner like last year.

I do expect Arizona to fall behind a bit this year but their DL matches up well with the Niners athletic OL. Niners move and shift their Offensive lineman in Run blocking. This is a game which can go either way but I would go with Cards in this one and Fitz might pull out a game winner like last year.

If we can get 2 upsets this week it would certainly be good for insurance purposes. I know a lot of posters hate this kind of talk because we are supposed to control our own destiny and all that but realistically seeding is normally as much about other teams losing as it is you winning. A lot of season left and even though we are out in front it is not hard to see that at the moment the Niners, Giants, and Bears are our main competition.

The next 2 weeks should tell us if one of our division opponents is going to have any life this year or not. I am pretty much thinking even if they do it will be too little too late with the schedules we all still face. The Bucs and Panthers still need coaches and the Saints have no defense.

Skelton is starting. So is their 3rd RB. They aren't going to beat the Niners. Quote me on that. Living in Phoenix, I hear a ton about them, and they are in bad shape...

Skelton is starting. So is their 3rd RB. They aren't going to beat the Niners. Quote me on that. Living in Phoenix, I hear a ton about them, and they are in bad shape...

Ah well. I was hoping some of the guys here had been following their situation more closely and maybe there was a chance. It was hard to reconcile them beating the niners after a 3 game losing streak. Capable teams just don't lose 3 in a row.

What was the QB's name that beat the saints in 2010? I called him the cough drop kid but I can't remember why. I remember he was a rookie UDFA and it was one of the funniest things we had seen until they lost to the 7-9 Seahawks. Is that kid still on the team?

If we can get 2 upsets this week it would certainly be good for insurance purposes. I know a lot of posters hate this kind of talk because we are supposed to control our own destiny and all that but realistically seeding is normally as much about other teams losing as it is you winning. A lot of season left and even though we are out in front it is not hard to see that at the moment the Niners, Giants, and Bears are our main competition.

The next 2 weeks should tell us if one of our division opponents is going to have any life this year or not. I am pretty much thinking even if they do it will be too little too late with the schedules we all still face. The Bucs and Panthers still need coaches and the Saints have no defense.

Yeah it will help if NFC teams beat each other in the seeding. Bears,Vikings and Niners could probably lose some to help out Falcons.

Ah well. I was hoping some of the guys here had been following their situation more closely and maybe there was a chance. It was hard to reconcile them beating the niners after a 3 game losing streak. Capable teams just don't lose 3 in a row.

What was the QB's name that beat the saints in 2010? I called him the cough drop kid but I can't remember why. I remember he was a rookie UDFA and it was one of the funniest things we had seen until they lost to the 7-9 Seahawks. Is that kid still on the team?

Max Hall (Hall's cough drops, I'm assuming)

Yeah, they aren't doing so hot. I wish they could knock the Niners off, but it's a very, very longshot. It's not their D. Its the offense. They won't score points. Niners D is just too tough for Skelton to win...