Heavy Rain And Strong Wind In Philly Forecast

north falcon

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post on this subject posted earlier...I'll paraphrase my observations here.

Eagles are stronger up front, Turner may be more suited to run straight ahead that McCoy. Wet turf can get slick. I like the Eagles better if we have to keep the ball on the ground.

The Eagles are definitely not stronger up front. They're on 2nd string linemen pretty much across the board and Vick is getting absolutely killed out there every single drop back. McCoy is an outside guy with world class speed so it makes the line look a lot better than it really is.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not saying we're strong up front by any means, I'm just saying the Eagles have a lot of work to do up front as well.

Edited by SativaSam

Post on this subject posted earlier...I'll paraphrase my observations here.

Eagles are stronger up front, Turner may be more suited to run straight ahead that McCoy. Wet turf can get slick. I like the Eagles better if we have to keep the ball on the ground.

Sorry, I scanned the first page and didn't see it.

I think the Eagles are clearly better on the ground in any condition. Reid never runs the ball as much as he should though. I'm wondering about both teams aerial attacks and CB's and DE's.

The Eagles are definitely not stronger up front. They're on 2nd string linemen pretty much across the board and Vick is getting absolutely killed out there every single drop back. McCoy is an outside guy with world class speed so it makes the line look a lot better than it really is.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not saying we're strong up front by any means, I'm just saying the Eagles have a lot of work to do up front as well.

Yea, I do like the Eagles better on the ground though. Partly because we pass the ball so much better. Matt is from the there, so I can't help but think he's played in worse conditions somewhere along the line.

Yea, I do like the Eagles better on the ground though. Partly because we pass the ball so much better. Matt is from the there, so I can't help but think he's played in worse conditions somewhere along the line.

I'm personally not worried about Matt's play in tough weather because he's done it before, I get more worried about our receivers and running backs. They're so used to turf and already this year we've seen games where one receiver will just disappear the entire game and not get any production, bad weather or not.

Sorry, I scanned the first page and didn't see it.

I think the Eagles are clearly better on the ground in any condition. Reid never runs the ball as much as he should though. I'm wondering about both teams aerial attacks and CB's and DE's.

I deleted my thread to keep the discussion consolidated. It was in reference to "Sandy." However, Sandy is all that is being talked about in Update New York. The good folks of GA probably don't know what that is!

They are comparing this to "The Perfect Storm," only it appears to be settin up inland as opposed to out at sea. The northern and western areas may even get snow. That is insane in the mid-atlantic this time of year. This looks much more like an early spring storm if it develops as it is looking now.

I thought the storm was not hitting until monday/tuesday

It is not supposed to fully develop until that time period. It is due to be affecting the area (outer bands and winds) by Sunday afternoon. Big concerns up this way are the tides. Forcast to hit around a full moon high tide. That could be epic if it really does happen.

I've thought all along that this game would be decided by whomever wins the turnover battle. I see this forecast as affirming that view. I generally regard bad weather as helping the home field advantage, plus it's going to be windy and that can really affect the kicking game, enough to negate the Bryant advantage.

However, it seems that weather affects teams that aren't as good or are not playing very well more so. Even though the Falcons haven't playing that well themselves these past few games, they have been a more effective team than Philly. So even though we're the road team, I think bad weather will hurt their game more than ours - this time.

I deleted my thread to keep the discussion consolidated. It was in reference to "Sandy." However, Sandy is all that is being talked about in Update New York.

Whoops! I'm on Long Island and I didn't know it was called Sandy ph34r.png

Anyway, I just heard on the radio that it was supposed to be pretty bad on Sunday.

I've seen a lot of computer generated storm track predictions. Only one had the storm veering inland. About ten had it moving out to sea. I've seen rain predictions that ran from 20% to 70%, and wind predictions that ran from 6MPH to 29MPH. The reports are just all over the board.