Eagles Game, What To Make Of It.

Sheldon Cooper

VICK is going to play desperate... his job is getting to the point... its either win or sit on the bench.

I would love to have this be the game that Matty finally gets to crawl out from under the shadow of VICK and I think we can do it...

FALCONS ARE POWERD' UP! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FALCONS.

If Nolan can confuse Manning as badly as he did, I'm sure he'll be looking forward to facing Vick, who loves to throw INTs this season....

There is a bit of a difference in confusing a QB that can read defenses and confusing a QB that can't read defenses but has the arm to get it to guys who uncover quickly.

In other words we won't fool Vick pre snap because Vick isn't reading anything anyways.

I don't think Vick is going to turn the ball over, unless there's a tipped pass or a bad snap. Put yourselves in his shoes just for a moment. His whole football career and his financial security may well ride on this game. And no matter what else happens, he knows HE CAN'T TURN THE BALL OVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. If you were in that situation, I'm pretty sure all of you would make dam sure you didn't turn the ball over, wouldn't you? Even a completely clueless moron like ThugPunk can grasp the implications of this and avoid turning the ball over, even if he has an average-to-crappy game. The way we win this game is for the Falcons to go in with an excellent game plan on both sides of the ball and execute. Expecting ThugPunk to hand this game to us through two or three turnovers is not realistic and I seriously doubt it's going to happen. And, even If he had three turnovers and we were to win the game 21-17 or something similar, that would hardly be the signature win this team needs to get the sour taste of the last three games out of their mouths and juice them up for the rest of the season. It would just add to the media's skepticism that this team is really on the same level with the Giants, Green Bay, the 49ers, etc., etc.

Edited by PokerSteve

Guest Negatorris

There is a bit of a difference in confusing a QB that can read defenses and confusing a QB that can't read defenses but has the arm to get it to guys who uncover quickly.

In other words we won't fool Vick pre snap because Vick isn't reading anything anyways.

Good thing he loves to hold onto the ball unlike Manning. Abe might have another 3 sack game.

Guest Negatorris

I don't think Vick is going to turn the ball over, unless there's a tipped pass or a bad snap. Put yourselves in his shoes just for a moment. His whole football career and his financial security may well ride on this game. And no matter what else happens, he knows HE CAN'T TURN THE BALL OVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. If you were in that situation, I'm pretty sure all of you would make dam sure you didn't turn the ball over, wouldn't you? Even a completely clueless moron like ThugPunk can grasp the implications of this and avoid turning the ball over, even if he has an average-to-crappy game. The way we win this game is for the Falcons to go in with an excellent game plan on both sides of the ball and execute. Expecting ThugPunk to hand this game to us through two or three turnovers is not realistic and I seriously doubt it's going to happen. And, even If he had three turnovers and we were to win the game 21-17 or something similar, that would hardly be the signature win this team needs to get the sour taste of the last three games out of their mouths and juice them up for the rest of the season. It would just add to the media's skepticism that this team is really on the same level with the Giants, Green Bay, the 49ers, etc., etc.

What?

Vick has said every week that he's fine, and he doesn't have a turnover problem yet he keeps coughing the ball up again and again. To not expect a defense that has been forcing multiple turnovers every week not to take the ball away from one of the most TO prone QBs ever is crazy. He will have at least 2 turnovers.

Lol. Your level of pessimism is uncanny.

What?

Vick has said every week that he's fine, and he doesn't have a turnover problem yet he keeps coughing the ball up again and again. To not expect a defense that has been forcing multiple turnovers every week not to take the ball away from one of the most TO prone QBs ever is crazy. He will have at least 2 turnovers.

Forcing turnovers is a horse of a different color. I was talking about Vick not just giving the ball away with stupid INT's or fumbling on a scramble. You're comparing Apples to oranges.

Vick has never handled pressure well before. This is a lot for the mans head to process. What you say will make him play better I say is his undoing. He is going to play desperate and try to force things. Which we all know is his kryptonite.

I think the goal is put him in situations where he is "likely" to make mistakes, meaning long 3rd downs, long field to travel,things like that. Control the LOS which is easier said than done, but don't let Shady get off, the Eagles will try quick strikes, big plays, cause they can't go on long drives,so we have to make him pay when he attempts those plays. Get up on them quick, to make them play catch up from the beginning & I think we can handle the game from the start

Could be our first loss. I think we can win it but the staff will have to have our guys well prepared. Im eager to see what Nolan and Koetter have in store for this game and if Nolan knows anything on Bowles.

IT WILL BE A ROCK'EM SOCK'EM FOOTBALL GAME.

PLENTY OF HARD HITS. WE WILL OUT HIT THEM, ON

BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. AS USUAL, WE'LL WIN

IT AT THE END.

I want to be positive but just having a hard time picturing a Falcons win for the following reasons:

1. Falcons Cannot Stop the Run - LeSean McCoy is one of the top 3 RBs in the NFL
  2. Falcons Cannot Stop the Run - Michael Vick can still tuck and run (he just can't slide!)
  3. I know Iggles have not rushed passer well this year - but they beat the fool out of our O-Line last year. Falcons O-Line still showing underachiever tendencies this year. Trent Cole could OWN Sam Baker again.
  4. Falcons are not capable of getting 1-2 yards on short yardage ALL YEAR.
  5. Falcons have never played good in Philadelphia. NEVER/EVER.
  6. Eagles 13-0 after bye week. That is a freaky good stat for Andy Reid
  7. The change in D-Coordinator for Philly will probably be a good thing for them. Juan Castillo was a bad coach and Todd Bowles is a good one - look for the defense for Philly to improve
  8. Eagles have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Probably the most talented team the Falcons have played this year. Eagles defensive talent is very good with a good Front 4, DeMeco Ryans and improved linebacking corps and two very good corners in Asougma and DRC.

Now maybe Falcons "break-out" and start playing at the high level of the first three games instead of the putrid play of the last three games.

I want to be positive but just having a hard time picturing a Falcons win for the following reasons:

1. Falcons Cannot Stop the Run - LeSean McCoy is one of the top 3 RBs in the NFL
  2. Falcons Cannot Stop the Run - Michael Vick can still tuck and run (he just can't slide!)
  3. I know Iggles have not rushed passer well this year - but they beat the fool out of our O-Line last year. Falcons O-Line still showing underachiever tendencies this year. Trent Cole could OWN Sam Baker again.
  7. The change in D-Coordinator for Philly will probably be a good thing for them. Juan Castillo was a bad coach and Todd Bowles is a good one - look for the defense for Philly to improve
  8. Eagles have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Probably the most talented team the Falcons have played this year. Eagles defensive talent is very good with a good Front 4, DeMeco Ryans and improved linebacking corps and two very good corners in Asougma and DRC.

Now maybe Falcons "break-out" and start playing at the high level of the first three games instead of the putrid play of the last three games.

This....I am scared of what vick might do to us on the ground. You guys are right he will not want to turn over the ball, by default expect him to torch us on the ground. The one thing I'm sure has been pounded into vicks head is the how good our secondary is and I doubt he tries them often. Look for shady and Vick on the ground this Sunday which will not be tough considering our pass rush. I am hoping Ryan can keep up and kill them with a signature game ending drive

You could have saved a ton of key strokes by saying "I'm scared."

Key for the whole Falcon team in this game is attitude..as much as i like Smitty and our roster i have seen far too many games against better competition where we seemed to be counter punchers...like we would wait for the other team to do something before we would react.

i'll know pretty early Sunday if this is indeed the same 'ol Falcons or if this is a squad destined to make some playoff noise this year. if we come out and punch the Eagles in the mouth then we're onto something...another slow, meandering, by-the-book start and we lose this game.

Hey, g-dawg, you make some telling points, but none of the Falcons' shortcomings/deficiencies are going to matter because Vick is going to have four or five turnovers and we're going to run all those into the end zone and win this game 75-0. (At least according to the really knowledgeable fans in here who also apparently can see into the future.)