Why I Think The Cowboys Can Beat The Falcons...

Rave

Dalls runs a press style defense. This matchup is tough on most vertical offenses. It throws off the timing of the offense and makes things very difficult for their QB and WRs. That usually makes the offense resort to the run. The Falcons have no running game. If the Cowobys CBs can get physical with the Falcons WRs then the Falcons will have a very difficult time moving the chains.

On the offensive side, DeMarco Murray will be back. Atlanta hasnt been able to stop the run very well this year. If Murray can get going early (putting Ryan and Co. on the sideline) it will be a VERY LONG game fore the Falcons.

Put the ball in Murray's hands and let the defense do the rest.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dream on

Cowboys will get Crushed @ The Ga Dome

esp if Falcons Lose Sunday

Romo will be under heavy pressure, and he will be dumbfounded by Nolans Coverage schemes.....

will look alot like the mon night game vs Broncos

Cowboys will be

out Coached

out Played

out Classed

31-17 Falcons

Murray will burn us but if you think that any Cowboy in that secondary can press Roddy and Julio your on crack cocaine.

Claiborne has shutdown JJ when they were in college. Now that JJ is in the NFL doesnt make him a different player.

Brandon Carr is no scrub. Writing him off is a mistake.

Edited by Rave

Dream on

Cowboys will get Crushed @ The Ga Dome

esp if Falcons Lose Sunday

Romo will be under heavy pressure, and he will be dumbfounded by Nolans Coverage schemes.....

will look alot like the mon night game vs Broncos

Cowboys will be

out Coached

out Played

out Classed

31-17 Falcons

So the fact that you all cant stop the run and our defense is the perfect scheme to stop your vertical passing game doesnt even matter. Gotta love football fans that think matchups dont matter. Oh, and your pass rush...really...what pass rush? You are missing where I said the Cowboys should allow Murray to dictate the game, not Romo. I guess you ignored that on purpose. If Dallas estabilishes the run like they did against Baltimore (another team that sucks against the run) then Romo can use play action and draws to keep your pass rush at bay. Again, Murray should dictate this game. If Garrett uses that strategy then Dallas keeps Ryan on the bench and Dallas wins.

Edited by Rave

Cowboys shoot themselves in the foot way too much t make any kind of decent prediction on them.

That is true, which is why I put in the "if they do this" line. I have a feeling Garrett will come out wanting to throw the ball down the field expecting to get in a shootout with the Falcons. That would be a mistake. The Falcons dont lead the NFL in turnovers for no reason. We should slow down the pace, keep Ryan on the sidelines, and take advantage of Atlanta's weak run defense.

Rave, I (sorta) defended you (on principle) earlier today but I just ain't feelin' it anymore. This thread is off by more than a week, for starters.

I felt I needed to be clear why I predicted what I have and what Im saying exactly. Dont want what Im saying to be used out of context anymore. This way its clear what Im saying and thinking.

I said weeks ago and will say again, let's see Murray off the injury report and ready to go the week we play before we even get to whether or not he's going to single-handedly beat us. We haven't dominated against the run but we haven't lost a game because of our run defense, either, and we've been up against better running backs than Murray several times this year.

I said weeks ago and will say again, let's see Murray off the injury report and ready to go the week we play before we even get to whether or not he's going to single-handedly beat us. We haven't dominated against the run but we haven't lost a game because of our run defense, either, and we've been up against better running backs than Murray several times this year.

Opponent leading rusher in Falcons wins

Jamaal Charles - 87

Willis McGahee - 113

Jackie Battle - 55

Cam Newton - 86

Alfred Morris - 115

Darren McFadden - 70

Im pretty sure Murray can handle that. This game should be all about slowing down the Falcons quick strike ability. Running and killing the clock is the best way to do that. Getting in a shootout would be a mistake. Especially with the Falcons getting turnovers at the rate they are.

Opponent leading rusher in Falcons wins

Jamaal Charles - 87

Willis McGahee - 113

Jackie Battle - 55

Cam Newton - 86

Alfred Morris - 115

Darren McFadden - 70

Im pretty sure Murray can handle that. This game should be all about slowing down the Falcons quick strike ability. Running and killing the clock is the best way to do that. Getting in a shootout would be a mistake. Especially with the Falcons getting turnovers at the rate they are.

That strategy's worked great for the first six teams we've played, I guess.

As long as we're being intellectually honest, it's also worth pointing out that of the top three rushers on that list, only McGahee isn't having a hugely more productive season than Murray, and he's still having a significantly more productive year. Plus, you know, we won all of these games.

Edited by Serge

That strategy's worked great for the first six teams we've played, I guess.

As long as we're being intellectually honest, it's also worth pointing out that of the top three rushers on that list, only McGahee isn't having a hugely more productive season than Murray, and he's still having a significantly more productive year. Plus, you know, we won all of these games.

Exactly, you won all of those games, BUT...

Cassel - 2 INTs

Manning - 3 INTs

Rivers - 2 INTs

Newton - 0 INTs

Cousins - 2 INTs

Palmer - 1 INT

If a QB can keep from turing the ball over multiple times then the Falcons can be beaten. Newton and Palmer almost did it (yes, I realize almost doesnt count). This further speaks to my point. If a team can run it down the Falcons throat and NOT turn the ball over, then they can beat the Falcons. The Falcons have been winning off of causing turnovers and turning those turnovers into points. If you keep down the turnovers and keep the Falcons offense on the sideline then they are beatable.

The more and more I think about this game, the more and more I remember 2009. The Saints were blowing teams out because they were causing turnovers and cashing those turnovers in for points. They got to 13-0, ran into the Cowboys, and lost. This all seems too familiar.

The Falcons are beatable, the formula is there, it just has to be executed.

Edited by Rave

I'm not even going to point out the irony in that sentiment, I feel like I'd only be patronizing everyone that reads it.

Youre going to say that is the formula to beat anyone. I would agree.

I see the Falcons only being explosive because they create turnovers. The 2 times you faced a QB that didnt turn over the ball multiple times the final score was 3 points or less apart. Proof that if you keep the ball away from your defense, the team CAN be beat.

Claiborne has shutdown JJ when they were in college. Now that JJ is in the NFL doesnt make him a different player.

Brandon Carr is no scrub. Writing him off is a mistake.

JJ isn't even a serious threat if you consider his stats. White and TG are getting all the balls this year.

JJ stats are:

30 receptions for 336 yards, 12.5 yards per catch and 4 TD's. That places him as pedestrian in the standings.

I expected way more from this guy.

Compare him to the other star of last years draft AJ Green:

44 receptions for 636 yards, 14.5 per reception and 7 TD's.

I see the Falcons only being explosive because they create turnovers. The 2 times you faced a QB that didnt turn over the ball multiple times the final score was 3 points or less apart. Proof that if you keep the ball away from your defense, the team CAN be beat.

Well, that too, but I was thinking more along the lines of saying "all Dallas needs to do is run the ball and not turn it over" is kind of like saying "all Whitney Houston needs to do is get rid of Bobby and stay off the nose candy."

Well, that too, but I was thinking more along the lines of saying "all Dallas needs to do is run the ball and not turn it over" is kind of like saying "all Whitney Houston needs to do is get rid of Bobby and stay off the nose candy."

Its true, its not impossible, the Falcons can lose, and thats how to beat them.

No, what you're seeing is a team learning new schemes on both sides of the ball and the inevitable breakdowns that happen. Ryan miscommunicated with Jones on 2 passes in the Carolina game- one ended up being a red zone INT and the other was a missed chance for a long TD pass that would have put the game away.

Ryan hesitated on a deep pass in the Oakland game that resulted in an INT, If he throws it w/o hesitating, Falcons have a TD and game is much different.

The run D is a similar situation- over a third of the rushing yards have come from just 10 plays, problem isn't the run D overall, but breakdowns that allow big plays to happen. A lot of that is just players learning a new scheme. esp. the MLB. Falcons are getting a big piece of their run D back- a DTackle named Peters. Between Peters and the players learning the scheme, run D will improve over the season and may be much better in a couple of weeks.

No, what you're seeing is a team learning new schemes on both sides of the ball and the inevitable breakdowns that happen. Ryan miscommunicated with Jones on 2 passes in the Carolina game- one ended up being a red zone INT and the other was a missed chance for a long TD pass that would have put the game away.

Ryan hesitated on a deep pass in the Oakland game that resulted in an INT, If he throws it w/o hesitating, Falcons have a TD and game is much different.

The run D is a similar situation- over a third of the rushing yards have come from just 10 plays, problem isn't the run D overall, but breakdowns that allow big plays to happen. A lot of that is just players learning a new scheme. esp. the MLB. Falcons are getting a big piece of their run D back- a DTackle named Peters. Between Peters and the players learning the scheme, run D will improve over the season and may be much better in a couple of weeks.

So the Falcons are unbeatable, they just make mistakes?

Status of the Saints

what you're seeing is a team learning new schemes on both sides of the ball and the inevitable breakdowns that happen. The QB miscommunicated with the receivers on 2 passes in the Carolina game- one ended up being a red zone INT and the other was a missed chance for a long TD pass that would have put the game away.

Brees hesitated on a deep pass in the Carolina game, If he throws it w/o hesitating, Saints have a TD and game is much different.

The run D is a similar situation- over a third of the rushing yards have come from just 10 plays, problem isn't the run D overall, but breakdowns that allow big plays to happen. A lot of that is just players learning a new scheme. esp. the MLB Lofton. Saints are getting a big piece of their run D back- a DTackle named Hicks. Between Hicks and the players learning the scheme, run D will improve over the season and may be much better in a couple of weeks.

Great, objective report there falconidae. We agree.

laugh.png

JJ isn't even a serious threat if you consider his stats. White and TG are getting all the balls this year.

JJ stats are:

30 receptions for 336 yards, 12.5 yards per catch and 4 TD's. That places him as pedestrian in the standings.

I expected way more from this guy.

Compare him to the other star of last years draft AJ Green:

44 receptions for 636 yards, 14.5 per reception and 7 TD's.

Couple of things- teams have focused so much on shutting down the deep threat Jones represents that White and Gonzo have gotten a lot of easy looks.

Jones also tore the web between two fingers on one of his hands in the second [3rd?] game of the season, had to have stitches, think where it has hurt him is being able to catch balls in practice.

Ryan and Jones haven't developed the rapport that Ryan and White have, but it'll come with time. Once they get the deep ball down, Jones numbers will skyrocket.

Couple of things- teams have focused so much on shutting down the deep threat Jones represents that White and Gonzo have gotten a lot of easy looks.

Jones also tore the web between two fingers on one of his hands in the second [3rd?] game of the season, had to have stitches, think where it has hurt him is being able to catch balls in practice.

Ryan and Jones haven't developed the rapport that Ryan and White have, but it'll come with time. Once they get the deep ball down, Jones numbers will skyrocket.

Point is JJ hasnt been the threat you all said he would be.