Breaking Down Matt Ryan's Form At The Nfl's Midseason Mark

Scott Carasik

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1382614-breaking-down-matt-ryans-form-at-the-nfls-midseason-mark

Breaking Down Matt Ryan's Form at the NFL's Midseason Mark

Matt Ryan is an MVP candidate right now. He has led the Atlanta Falcons to a 6-0 record. Breaking down his talents will be a clinic on what makes him one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL today.

Nice read. It's weird as a Falcons fan to not have to worry about the QB position anymore. Ryan has really cemented himself as a top player and I expect (hopefully) to see him here for another ten years. That's something that can only come after years of high level play like he's had.

Edited by Bill Brasky

With Matt Ryan the Falcons are legitimate contenders for the Super Bowl, without him we'd be another Cleveland or Jax.

Completely agree

Nice read. It's weird as a Falcons fan to not have to worry about the QB position anymore. Ryan has really cemented himself as a top player and I expect (hopefully) to see him here for another ten years. That's something that can only come after years of high level play like he's had.

Again, I agree. I don't see Blank letting him leave.

With Matt Ryan the Falcons are legitimate contenders for the Super Bowl, without him we'd be another Cleveland or Jax.

Disagree, it depends on who the replacement is. Gabbert? Sure. But it's not hard to produce when your offense is as stacked as ours. Heck, even Gabbert could throw to Tony Gonzalez on each 3rd down and move the chains. And Gabbert also is a bit more mobile.

Edited by Mr. Right

Disagree, it depends on who the replacement is. Gabbert? Sure. But it's not hard to produce when your offense is as stacked as ours. Heck, even Gabbert could throw to Tony Gonzalez on each 3rd down and move the chains.

Gabbert? Really? Come on man, if you're gonna hate, at least put some effort into it.

Disagree, it depends on who the replacement is. Gabbert? Sure. But it's not hard to produce when your offense is as stacked as ours. Heck, even Gabbert could throw to Tony Gonzalez on each 3rd down and move the chains. And Gabbert also is a bit more mobile.

I'm going to ask you to refrain from posting anything on my topics. You are a Vick troll and it's obvious. Thank you.

Good read. I remember last season watching his mechanics go down the drain due to his line going turnstile on him. He truly is a little bit stronger, stronger in all aspects of his game. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we don't see a repeat.

The single biggest change in Matt this season has been the one thing he lacked...pocket presence. He has always been willing to hold the ball and get smacked in the teeth, but you are seeing a lot more of that two steps forward and reset, or two steps left and resetting in the shadow of a almost blocked defender. He bails in a hurry if their is an obvious missed assignment, but he is doing a great job of moving in the pocket and giving his backs and linemen a chance to get back into plays.

2012 Matt Ryan's passer rating through 6 games - 98.8. That's pretty good.....well over career average and best

2011 passer rating over final 6 games? 104.33. That's a good stretch, with losses against Houston and New Orleans included.

The big improvement? He's scrambling more effectively.

Good point, thats a 12 game regular season stretch where ryan has played well, and the falcons are 10-2.

2012 Matt Ryan's passer rating through 6 games - 98.8. That's pretty good.....well over career average and best

2011 passer rating over final 6 games? 104.33. That's a good stretch, with losses against Houston and New Orleans included.

The big improvement? He's scrambling more effectively.

I'd agree with that. He's definitely showing more presence and mobility this year.

You do make an interesting point.

Yes, I do believe that 88 is so freaking good that any QB in the NFL

could throw to Tony.

Counter Point.

Have you conviently left out all of the throws to 88 that were high precesion throws

that nobody could defend?

Also.

Ryans 1st year was pretty damm good for a Rookie QB and he did not have 88.

Therefore your agenda solely rest on the what if's of the 2013 season and no

Gonzalez 88.

OMG OMG what will Noodle Arm Ryan do?

He will throw between 4500 and 500 yards.

Yall forget that I have watched this game for over 50 years.

Its the same game and mentally you either have it or you dont.

Ryan has it.

If you do not believe me, just ask any of the Mannings, Brady, or Brees.

could throw to Tony.

Counter Point.

Have you conviently left out all of the throws to 88 that were high precesion throws

Also.

Gonzalez 88.

Ryan has it.

Nice counter, Karst. I liked it, but right probably won't.

could throw to Tony.

Counter Point.

Also.

Gonzalez 88.

Ryan has it.

Nice post

yes, Matt Ryan is a pro bowl quarterback, Turner a pro bowl running back. Gonzo a HOF Tight end. Jones a future pro bowl receiver and Roddy a two time All-Pro.

And the colts had talent all around but when Peyton went down so did they. I agree we just can't lose him and fill in the gap and we're ok. Even with all that talent. U still have to effectively get the ball to that talent.

It's Strange, I didn't even want Ryan but after his Rookie season I haven't been concerened about the QB position at all.