For The Ones Who Get Tired Of Disrespect

Tribal Chief

By Mike Florio October 24, 2012, 7:49 AM EDT Vick knows he hasn’t gotten support from Reid

As MDS pointed out on Tuesday, Eagles quarterback Mike Vick says he wasn’t worried about his status during last week’s upheaval in Philly.

Vick may not have been worried, but Vick knew that his team — more specifically, his coach — wasn’t giving him the support that other starting quarterbacks get.

“Man, I always play pissed off,” Vick said recently, via PhillyMag.com. “But more so now than [ever].”

Vick has some experience with things crumbling around him, as they did during a wildly inconsistent final season in Atlanta, which got so bad at one point that he fired off a middle finger to the home crowd that was lingering after a loss at the Georgia Dome.

“You’ve just got to stand tall,” Vick said. “This is not the first time I’ve been in this situation. I understand the most important thing is for me to go out and continue to do my job, and help this football team the best way I can.”

Vick said he didn’t hear from Reid at all last week, but that the two men talked when they got together after the bye-week break ended.

“We talked this morning, spoke this morning about his feelings and thoughts and my feelings and my thoughts about certain things, and we keep that conversation private,” Vick said.

The conversation may have been private, but the situation is very public. And it gets even more public on Sunday, when Vick’s Falcons come to town.

And if Vick flashes another middle finger this time, don’t be surprised if Reid is the recipient.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This article was hilarious thanks for posting. I love that he says you have to stand tall. When has he ever stood tall? The flipping off incident wasn't standing tall. I think it might be the whole playing angry thing that is hurting his game. I understand playing with fire and tenacity but anger only clouds the mind. ( pardon me sounding like a jedi ). Vick could very well become the greatest QB ever with his ability if he becomes a Buddhist monk and spends his down time meditating.

Our fan base SUCKS!!!!

I read this garbage above, and went to take a dump.

We are rated #1 in all the polls, yet our "FANS" think other teams are better. We need some "REAL" fans, not trolls.

I don't understand? This is an article about Vick and the Eagles. There was no disrespect that I noticed?

blink.png

This article was hilarious thanks for posting. I love that he says you have to stand tall. When has he ever stood tall? The flipping off incident wasn't standing tall. I think it might be the whole playing angry thing that is hurting his game. I understand playing with fire and tenacity but anger only clouds the mind. ( pardon me sounding like a jedi ). Vick could very well become the greatest QB ever with his ability if he becomes a Buddhist monk and spends his down time meditating.

Reid is not supporting him. Reid took him out of prison and gave the convict a new chance as a starting QB in the NFL. Reid does not support him, Right.......

you calling me a troll?

Not today.

Reid is not supporting him. Reid took him out of prison and gave the convict a new chance as a starting QB in the NFL. Reid does not support him, Right.......

At this point those are things in the past. If Vick has lost or starting to lose the locker room Reid may be keeping Vick at arms length now. 2010 was a good year, 2011 ended the honeymoon, and now in 2012 there are rumors of divorce.

I don't even see a desperate must win team this Sunday. I might be wrong , but I instead see a team with to many distractions and they all theirs heads up their rears. We come in and play focused and the game is ours to lose. We've been road warriors this year. I don't see that changing against an Eagles team in shambles.

At this point those are things in the past. If Vick has lost or starting to lose the locker room Reid may be keeping Vick at arms length now. 2010 was a good year, 2011 ended the honeymoon, and now in 2012 there are rumors of divorce.

I hope we contribute to his further demise on Sunday! :)

Wyche and Kriegler just admitted that the media will not celebrate a Falcons win , they will gloat over an Eagles loss. They literally said it wont be that we won , but that the Eagles lost.

All I can say is at least they're being honest. Media doesn't even care to hide the fact we're the victim of a double standard anymore. lol

For those that wanna do their part to get our "Falcons" some respect, Pro Bowl balloting is open on NFL.com Rules allow you to vote as many times as you wish. Would be nice to get a bunch of guys on Pro Bowl squad, but of course in reality we obviously don't want them to be able to attend that so-called game.

Guest Negatorris

My fellow Falcon bretheren....

October 28th, 2012 is the day...

The day that we turn the entire city of Philadelphia against Vick. And it shall be fun.

Wyche and Kriegler just admitted that the media will not celebrate a Falcons win , they will gloat over an Eagles loss. They literally said it wont be that we won , but that the Eagles lost.

All I can say is at least they're being honest. Media doesn't even care to hide the fact we're the victim of a double standard anymore. lol

Actually they are openly lying. Even though the media will largely pick the Eagles to win this week it is just to add to the drama. They will definitely celebrate our win but just not publicly. They want the Eagles to lose very very badly. It will give them tons of material to sell ad space. It creates another qb controversy that they can milk for several days and they can continue to speculate on Reid's job. It is a goldmine. The last thing they want is for the Eagles to win.