Falcons Fans Need Read

helmsman

Good morning Falcon nation, I live in a southern city by the name of Jacksonville who recently aquired a new head coach from the 6-0 Atlanta Falcons.

For all of those fans who over the years delored the abilities of Mularkey, it seems you were right all along.

Let me give you some of the radio/talk show banter from down here:

Mularkey, a supposed offensive-minded coach was supposed to come down and turn the Jaguars from a Defensive minded 14 a point game team to a high-octane offensive happy game plan.

So, how has this worked out thus far?

Lets look at some numbers:

Offensive points per game? 32

Yards per game offense? 32

Pass yards per game? 32

Rush yards per game? 25

So, the offense is looking like it needs a little work. Okay, well that shouldn't be TOO hard with a 23 year old QB and a great RB... Oh wait, both those guys are out for the season.. Shucks.. I guess the heir apparent to Dan Marino (Chad Henne) will now take over the reins. I mean, seriously, they can only improve right? Unless we add some more teams to the leauge.

Well defense has got to be better right? Well your right it is. Not by much however..

Points allowed? 27

Yards allowed? 28

Pass yards allowed? 24

Rush yards allowed? 29

Man, o man. Mularkey has some splainen to do. All those seasons he was here HOLDING US BACK. Now look. The guy has his shot and there could not be a worse all-around team in the NFL.

Did you know that the Jags offense averages about 250 yards PER GAME?!? The New England Patriots average that in ONE HALF! Actually, total yards this seaason has the Jags a little above 1400 and the PAts a little above 3000!

Seriously, could you do a worse head coaching job?

Down here before the season started you should jhave heard these fools talking like the Jags were going to RISE UP! Well now should be here on game days and the day after radio shows.

Gabbert just had his 23rd birthday and callers wanted to get him everything from a new coach to an accurate arm. Khan sold the town of Jacksonville a lemon and now the city is pissed and crying foul of mularkey. This was supposed to be a team rebuilt? Instead it is a team in dead last of almost every meaningful category.

So, for all those Falcon fans who spent years under the backwater tuteledge of Mularkey your points have been proved. The case and piont is in Jacksonville. The worse team in the NFL.

Jax did not deserve this, but new owners have to learn the game just

like everybody else.

Hind Sight dictates that Mularkey was trying to torpedo

Mike Smith in order to get promoted to HC in Atlanta.

We all thought that losing in the playoff's was solely Mike Smiths fault,

when it was Mularkey setting us up for failure.

This happens in the Corporate world every day, and the NFL is not exempt.

I know. But its nice to have the data to back up the hypothesis that had been floating around ehre all those years.

You fans down in Jax have our sincere sympathies, it's just that we're so relieved that he's no longer here the euphoria is making us act a little callous. Sorry for your plight.

I was actually surprised that Gabbert hasn't done better at all.

Again, he has faced some really good defenses that, at times, make really good qbs look bad.

I am not pro or anti Mularkey. He was not hot trash as an OC he was just stubborn. We have won more than we lost during his tenure. I wish him the best going forward but it was really past time to unleash our offense.

Jax did not deserve this, but new owners have to learn the game just

like everybody else.

Hind Sight dictates that Mularkey was trying to torpedo

Mike Smith in order to get promoted to HC in Atlanta.

We all thought that losing in the playoff's was solely Mike Smiths fault,

when it was Mularkey setting us up for failure.

This happens in the Corporate world every day, and the NFL is not exempt.

I don't know about any of that. I don't think MM would have ever been considered for HC here.