Nfl Investigating Chargers For Using "stick 'em"

Falconsfan567

2. Fox NFL insider Jay Glazer landed yet another major scoop with his reporting on Sunday, learning that the Chargers are being investigated by the NFL for using "Stick 'em."

"The NFL is investigating the San Diego Chargers for use of a banned substance in their loss against the Denver Broncos on Monday night," Glazer reported. "During the game, one of their equipment managers came out onto the field with these little hand towels with this illegal substance in it. One of the officials, Jeff Bergman, actually saw it and tried to confiscate it. The equipment guy wouldn't give it up. Finally, they made the equipment guy empty his pockets and what they found in these hand towels was this illegal form of "stick 'em" -- a skin-colored or clear-colored 'stick 'em' type of tape.

"This has been banned by the NFL for decades and decades. The NFL is investigating and the Chargers are facing potentially very stiff sanctions, a significant fine or even an outside shot of a loss of draft picks depending on how many people actually were involved in this, how many people knew about this and how high up it went in the organization."

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz2A6HoLyFG

Man I remember those days. You'd watch the game and the receivers hands would be covered in that ish. So funny.

Hopefully the Chargers aren't that dumb to be using the stuff. If they were then they get what they deserve.

Have grass and all sorts of weird stuff stuck to their hands lol

Have grass and all sorts of weird stuff stuck to their hands lol

I remember seeing the old videos of the guys just dunking their hands into the stickem bucket. It was hilarious.

Could you imagine what the towels looked like that were used to wipe the footballs down between plays. I bet the laundry guys hated that ish. Lol

I remember seeing the old videos of the guys just dunking their hands into the stickem bucket. It was hilarious.

Could you imagine what the towels looked like that were used to wipe the footballs down between plays. I bet the laundry guys hated that ish. Lol

Yea , the vids of the guys putting mounds of the crud on their socks and elbows so they could rub some more after every play. It looked like ear wax. You're right I bet the laundry guys were as happy as anyone when they made it illegal.

Wasn't he one of the guys who had a lot to do with it being it banned?

Yes...

It wasn't invisible then...and it was legal. They would show him on the sidelines covered in this gooey substance...

I didn't like it then...don't like it now. I was pretty shocked to hear of this...

Very dumb move on the Chargers part if true....

Yes...

It wasn't invisible then...and it was legal. They would show him on the sidelines covered in this gooey substance...

I didn't like it then...don't like it now. I was pretty shocked to hear of this...

Yea , it looked like ear wax or some kind of industrial glue. Nasty looking stuff. He was the guy who put it all over his legs and arms. I remember now.

Yes...

It's only dumb if you get caught. Or if you still suck after cheating...like the Chargers.