Has Roddy White Had A Hof Career Thus Far?

Snafu

Today when Talking to my wife about the falcons, I was saying how much of an injustice it would be if Abraham did not make the Hall of Fame. She then asked me if I thought Roddy would make it in. My immediate response was "**** Yeah". Then I started thinking about his popularity. While he is widely known amongst NFL fans, he has really never been HUGELY popular with the general population (mainly because he doesn't endorse anything or get TV ads). Certainly I feel that if his pace continues it will be HOF worthy, I mean he is on pace for his 6th straight 1000 yard year. It would be a shame if he was left out.

When you hear the talking heads on the radio talking about WRs and they start calling Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens, and Isaac Bruce "borderline" candidates for the HOF, then you know there is something ridiculously out of whack with regards to the selection process for WR.

Chris Collinsworth and NBC crew were talking how Hines Ward will be a sure shot Hall of Famer yesterday night. I guess if RW can get couple of rings and produce for 5 more years he can be in HOF. But again he doesn't play for Popular teams.

Chris Collingsworth is out of his mind. Hines has a chance I guess, but he's not lock.

When you hear the talking heads on the radio talking about WRs and they start calling Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens, and Isaac Bruce "borderline" candidates for the HOF, then you know there is something ridiculously out of whack with regards to the selection process for WR.

guess they talking about character issues which is odd since until about his last 2 seasons Harrison was the epitome of character then all of a sudden he became Nino Brown

guess they talking about character issues which is odd since until about his last 2 seasons Harrison was the epitome of character then all of a sudden he became Nino Brown

Isaac Bruce never had any character issues. The only character issue that hurt that guy ever had was he didn't go around telling everyone how great he is.

I think Bruce will get in before Cris Carter though

Maybe.

It might be that Bruce is the lock that I think he should be. He isn't actually eligible yet.

I just heard a discussion on the radio and they were saying that he was questionable and I just thought it was insane.

Dude has everything you look for in a HOF fame career......including a game winning Super Bowl catch.

Maybe.

It might be that Bruce is the lock that I think he should be. He isn't actually eligible yet.

I just heard a discussion on the radio and they were saying that he was questionable and I just thought it was insane.

Dude has everything you look for in a HOF fame career......including a game winning Super Bowl catch.

I agree. he one of them dudes that get inducted and you're all like "huh?"

then they start listing his accomplishments and you're like "D@mn, he did THAT!?!"

I think that Chris Carter should go in for sure...of the others mentioned I think Tim Brown and T.O. deserve to go in...Harrison, Ward, Bruce are a bit borderline.

Carter and Brown excelled in a time when the DB was allowed to put his hands on you much more than the players today...taking that into account T.O.'s numbers are just elite, clearly hes an azz but you can't argue with his production...Harrison, Ward and Bruce put similiar numbers up to guys that arent in and had tougher rules to compete with.

I think that Chris Carter should go in for sure...of the others mentioned I think Tim Brown and T.O. deserve to go in...Harrison, Ward, Bruce are a bit borderline.

Carter and Brown excelled in a time when the DB was allowed to put his hands on you much more than the players today...taking that into account T.O.'s numbers are just elite, clearly hes an azz but you can't argue with his production...Harrison, Ward and Bruce put similiar numbers up to guys that arent in and had tougher rules to compete with.

The illegal contact rules changed in 1978. All those guys were playing under the same rules.

Isaac Bruce was a far better WR than Tim Brown, and way more accomplished. I'd think Falcons fans would realize that, he lit the Falcons up for over 1300 yards in his career.