Every Team In The Nfl Should Be Scared Of Us.

Kayoh

I was listening to the Atlanta Falcons Tailgate Podcast last night, and they played a clip where a guy said "there are 9 teams that I think can win the Super Bowl, and they know it."

He went on to list us, as well as the Giants, Bears, Packers, 49ers, Patriots, Broncos, Texans, and Ravens.

In my eyes, the Ravens' season is over. They can not win without defense, and that falls solely on the right arm of Joe Flacco.

The 49ers will NEVER win a Super Bowl (or even GET TO ONE) with Alex Smith at the helm. They're great on defense, and that OL is wonderful, but they simply can't win in a shootout against ANY elite QB in the NFL, and yes, I do include Matt Ryan in that group.

The Bears don't have a big-time QB either. Jay Cutler is too inconsistent to call a Super Bowl QB - he wins games for his team, but he also loses them for his team. Elite QBs never lose games for their team, they only ever put their team in position to win games.

This leaves us with 6. Other than us, you've got the Giants, Packers, Patriots, Broncos and Texans.

The Texans are a good team, but they've got the same exact problem as San Fransisco: the QB. Schaub is good, but he is not great. He is not even CLOSE to elite. Is he in the top half of the league? No. Is he winning in a shootout against Brady, either Manning, Rodgers or Ryan? Absolutely not. There Pass Defense is also looking worse and worse every single week. After week 5, their pass D was top 5. Then Rodgers tore them apart and the dropped to 14th. Guess what happened then to Joe Flacco? JJ Watt happened to him. JJ Watt is the defensive MVP this season, and both of Flacco's interceptions were due to Watt getting a paw on the ball at the LOS. JJ Watt can only beat you if you try to throw lasers over his head like Flacco was dumb enough to try. Rodgers set the precedent, everybody should be copying him.

We already beat the Broncos and I know we could do it again, if not more convincingly.

The Patriots have one of the worst pass defenses in the league and have been beating bad teams and losing to good team this season. They are the best illusion in the NFL playing in what might be the third worst division in the NFL behind the AFC West & South.

Now for the Packers. This is a scary team. Right? Wrong. If you watch what Houston and St. Louis have in common, they both tried to play Green Bay's WRs up front. They tried bump and run, they tried to out-physical what might be the most physical receiving corps in the NFL. Our corners are the best off corners in the NFL. We own Green Bay right now. Their defense isn't scaring anyone, either - our offense could not only keep up with, but out-do their offense taking matchups into account.

The scariest team in the NFL right now, the New York Giants, just needed a miracle 77-yard TD pass with less than 2 minutes in the game to beat a team that we held to just 10 offensive points. The Redskins do NOT have an exceptional OL at all, but what they DO have is a running game that forces defenses to be honest. When we play the Giants, we need to be able to run the ball on them to keep that defensive line honest, and we need to COMMIT to the running game to open and close the game. They say "Eli Manning is the best big game/big moment QB in the NFL" - I say he's 2nd best. Matt Ryan can outdo him at what people think he does best, and I believe that from the bottom of my heart.

The NFL is a scary place right now. The thing is...as scary as it is, and as threatened as so many of you feel, and as threatened as I should probably feel, I feel just fine. I feel angry. I feel aggressive. I feel like nobody can beat our Falcons.

I feel like I want February to get here already so I can gloat about our first ever Lombardi.

Matt Schaub is top 10

I don't agree with that. I like Schaub but I would rather have any of these QB's over him. (In no order)

1 - Ryan

2 - Rodgers

3 - Brees

4 - P. Manning

5 - E. Manning

6 - Big Ben

7 - Brady

8 - Rivers

9 - Stafford

10 - Cutler

possibly would take Flacco also.

The 49ers will NEVER win a Super Bowl (or even GET TO ONE) with Alex Smith at the helm. They're great on defense, and that OL is wonderful, but they simply can't win in a shootout against ANY elite QB in the NFL, and yes, I do include Matt Ryan in that group.

If they don't fumble two punts in the NFC Championship, they are in the Super Bowl.

I was listening to the Atlanta Falcons Tailgate Podcast last night, and they played a clip where a guy said "there are 9 teams that I think can win the Super Bowl, and they know it."

He went on to list us, as well as the Giants, Bears, Packers, 49ers, Patriots, Broncos, Texans, and Ravens.

In my eyes, the Ravens' season is over. They can not win without defense, and that falls solely on the right arm of Joe Flacco.

The Bears don't have a big-time QB either. Jay Cutler is too inconsistent to call a Super Bowl QB - he wins games for his team, but he also loses them for his team. Elite QBs never lose games for their team, they only ever put their team in position to win games.

This leaves us with 6. Other than us, you've got the Giants, Packers, Patriots, Broncos and Texans.

The Texans are a good team, but they've got the same exact problem as San Fransisco: the QB. Schaub is good, but he is not great. He is not even CLOSE to elite. Is he in the top half of the league? No. Is he winning in a shootout against Brady, either Manning, Rodgers or Ryan? Absolutely not. There Pass Defense is also looking worse and worse every single week. After week 5, their pass D was top 5. Then Rodgers tore them apart and the dropped to 14th. Guess what happened then to Joe Flacco? JJ Watt happened to him. JJ Watt is the defensive MVP this season, and both of Flacco's interceptions were due to Watt getting a paw on the ball at the LOS. JJ Watt can only beat you if you try to throw lasers over his head like Flacco was dumb enough to try. Rodgers set the precedent, everybody should be copying him.

We already beat the Broncos and I know we could do it again, if not more convincingly.

The Patriots have one of the worst pass defenses in the league and have been beating bad teams and losing to good team this season. They are the best illusion in the NFL playing in what might be the third worst division in the NFL behind the AFC West & South.

Now for the Packers. This is a scary team. Right? Wrong. If you watch what Houston and St. Louis have in common, they both tried to play Green Bay's WRs up front. They tried bump and run, they tried to out-physical what might be the most physical receiving corps in the NFL. Our corners are the best off corners in the NFL. We own Green Bay right now. Their defense isn't scaring anyone, either - our offense could not only keep up with, but out-do their offense taking matchups into account.

The scariest team in the NFL right now, the New York Giants, just needed a miracle 77-yard TD pass with less than 2 minutes in the game to beat a team that we held to just 10 offensive points. The Redskins do NOT have an exceptional OL at all, but what they DO have is a running game that forces defenses to be honest. When we play the Giants, we need to be able to run the ball on them to keep that defensive line honest, and we need to COMMIT to the running game to open and close the game. They say "Eli Manning is the best big game/big moment QB in the NFL" - I say he's 2nd best. Matt Ryan can outdo him at what people think he does best, and I believe that from the bottom of my heart.

The NFL is a scary place right now. The thing is...as scary as it is, and as threatened as so many of you feel, and as threatened as I should probably feel, I feel just fine. I feel angry. I feel aggressive. I feel like nobody can beat our Falcons.

I feel like I want February to get here already so I can gloat about our first ever Lombardi.

I like what u did here, but this is complete biased a-hole talk.

I'm a GB fan but I like this forum b/c some of you guys are hilarious. I frequent only this football forum b/c of that. However, on the same note, many of the posters here are quite arrogant. There's a lot of that in this thread. No big deal but It's not enough that other teams have a healthy respect for Atlanta...no, they should 'fear' your team? No good team fears the Falcons. As soon as the Falcons have a respectable showing in the playoffs (Not a win mind you, just a respectable showing), then you might have something to hang your hat on. Until then, Atlanta has shown that is can beat less than mediocre teams.

I want Atlanta to do well b/c the NFL does better when the good teams shine.

Just some observations. Atlanta does have a decent cornerback tandem but hardly the best in the NFL...your defense is ranked in the bottom half of the NFL and your team still has not played a top tier team. Rodgers would destroy your theory...he's the best in the NFL and in time he'll be considered the best ever. The Packers D is going to be a top 5 defense by the end of the year...It's already on the cusp of top 10.

You have to recalibrate your expectations.

Here's to continued success for the Falcons.

Edited by Darrin

I'm a GB fan but I like this forum b/c some of you guys are hilarious. I frequent only this football forum b/c of that. However, on the same note, many of the posters here are quite arrogant. There's a lot of that in this thread. No big deal but It's not enough that other teams have a healthy respect for Atlanta...no, they should 'fear' your team? No good team fears the Falcons. As soon as the Falcons have a respectable showing in the playoffs (Not a win mind you, just a respectable showing), then you might have something to hang your hat on. Until then, Atlanta has shown that is can beat less than mediocre teams.

Just some observations. Atlanta does have a decent cornerback tandem but hardly the best in the NFL...your defense is ranked in the bottom half of the NFL and your team still has not played a top tier team. Rodgers would destroy your theory...he's the best in the NFL and in time he'll be considered the best ever. The Packers D is going to be a top 5 defense by the end of the year...It's already on the cusp of top 10.

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

Why should our fans "recalibrate our expectations"? What, only GB, NY, and DAL fans should expect their team to win the SB?

Welcome to TATF.

6-0. Didn't Rodgers lose to some pretty ****** teams this year?

And if you really think your Defense, who just lost your second best defensive player (Woodson) for the season, is going to end in the top 5?

HAH.

I like our chances versus GB this year, Rodgers looks Mortal this year, and y'all know it.

Good post but you have homer written all over you.

Rankings = meaningless this time of year.

Teams don't fear or respect a team more or less for winning or not winning a playoff game, that is a fan/media thing.

Considering you do not even have control of your own destiny talking smack about a possible meeting in the playoffs is very premature.

Come back when you learn more about the sport.

While I'm with you on Rodgers I'm not sure where your getting this top 5 defense from. Your defense is holding your team drastically back I'm not sure they'll be top 25 by the end of the year much less top 5, didn't you just lose Woodson to boot, Between guys like Hawk, Cushing, and Raji yall have some good defensive playmakers and leaders but I'll take our defense any day of the week.

1-6 are the Mannings, Breesus, Rodgers, Brady and Ryan.

Ben, Cutler, Stafford and Rivers are all better than Schaub.

I'd take Schaub over Cutler, Stafford, and Rivers every time. They have better physical tools, however, they are all very inconsistent and can't be counted on. I think we all get carried away by skill at times and forget the big picture.