How Good Are Our Corners?

Captain Falcon

How good are our corners?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How good is Asante Samuel so far into the season?

• Pro bowl corner
    • Good corner. Solidified starter.
    • Average corner. Not bad but an upgrade next year would be nice.
    • Bad. He's been a disappointment.
  2. 2. How good is Dunta Robinson this season?

• He's playing like a pro bowler. Maybe eve a top 10 corner.
    • He's playing like a good #1 corner like we expected him to always be.
    • He's playing like an average corner (pretty good), but still not what we expected when we signed him.
    • The guy is still bad and a clear weakness on our defense.

I would say that the corners are solid. I'm not going to say that D-Rob and Asante are Pro Bowl worthy at this point but it is a possibility if they continue to be solid the rest of the season and make some big plays. I am surprised at how D-Rob has stepped up big time after losing Grimes. McClain looks like a solid FA steal by TD(I bet the Panties wish that had never let him go now despite picking him in the 7th round).

Our Pass D has been great this year, I voted both should be in the Probowl...

The only real big play this year I think was a mis-communication of TD and Moore in WAS.

But besides that our pass D has been great.

I am excited to see how the Eagles WRs play against us, I wonder if they will play scared like they did last game after Dunta killed Maclin.

Dunta always had the ability but was never put in a good position in BVG's scheme. I never understood how people threw so much hate at BVG but refused to give Dunta any benefit of the doubt. Same w/ Decoud. We always saw flashes of what he was capable of.

Take these things into account.

1. According to CHFF, we have the 21st ranked Defensive Line in the NFL.

2. Our #1 corner to start the season is down.

3. Our safeties have the middle of the field all but locked down pending any blown assignments.

4. Our DEFENSIVE passer rating is STILL 7th in the league.

Dunta has been playing up to what we paid him and Asante is exceeding all expectations, especially in the run game.

they have been doing great, much better than expected, and this mcclain kid is our new grimes

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. The dude does NOT play like a 7th rounder, and I'd have to be curious as to why Carolina let him go knowing that they literally just drafted yet another corner, this time in the 1st. Is Josh Norman really better than Robert McClain? I'd love to see some side-by-side statistics and some per-snap averages. Anybody have a PFF Gold subscription? lol

Asante's gotten burned a few times, but he made the clutch play when the Falcons needed it.

Dunta has made some great plays this year, more with his tackling probably than with his coverage, but he's been good in coverage too. I can't say he's playing like a number 1 though because I don't ever consider a RCB the number 1 corners. Stud cover guys play on the Quarterbck's right, at LCB, where QBs like to throw.

Honestly I'm very pleased, I remember just a year or two we would get burned by the deep ball do many times. Every time our defense took the field my stomach turned knowing we were one whiffed tackle or miscommunication away from giving up a long td. Now I love watching our guys, we look well coached and when guys know their assignments and are confident they make plays on the ball like we have this year.

Asante's gotten burned a few times, but he made the clutch play when the Falcons needed it.

Dunta has made some great plays this year, more with his tackling probably than with his coverage, but he's been good in coverage too. I can't say he's playing like a number 1 though because I don't ever consider a RCB the number 1 corners. Stud cover guys play on the Quarterbck's right, at LCB, where QBs like to throw.

I use to see it that way as well, but now alot of teams move their best receivers around more.

Had Grimes not gone down they'd be arguably the best (lets not forget Decoud and WillyMo either they're flashing some talent as well) as it stands they're soild top 5 duo but its hard to say they're the best.

Be nice if we had a consistent pass rush.

don't act like Grimes hasn't been a baller and he wouldn't help our pass defense more. Please don't start acting like that.

lets see. Is our pass defense suffering without him like many here figured it would. Answer NO. I rest my case. With the chances Grimes played his last gane as a Falcon I stand by my lmao @ those who assumed the worst.

As much as I hate to say it but I think that Grimes has probably played his last game as a Falcon. I would be very excited if he was to be re-signed though but if he does not, I hope that he does not pull a Lofton.

I think he's done here too. Only thing is, considering his injury to the vital part of his body for his game, I don't know who takes a chance on him.

lets see. Is our pass defense suffering without him like many here figured it would. Answer NO. I rest my case. With the chances Grimes played his last gane as a Falcon I stand by my lmao @ those who assumed the worst.

the pass defense is better because Dunta is playing better. But if you gonna try and say our pass defense wouldn't be better with Grimes you are wrong. And who wouldn't have assumed the worst when our best defensive back the last two years got hurt? You just letting your hate for Grimes cloud your judgment.