Scouting The Enemy: Eagles Ol And Vick Not Sweating.

falcons007

http://www.philly.co...t-Sweat-It.html

The Eagles reconvened from their bye week Monday, and though practice was closed, indications are nothing changed on the team's offensive line, which is a mild surprise, in the wake of a dreadful performance against the Lions in the last outing.

Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, who remains the starter despite 13 turnovers in six games, said he never thought he might be replaced by rookie Nick Foles during Eagles coach Andy Reid's bye week review.

"It was never a time when I didn't know exactly if I was going to be the starter or not," said Vick, who said he neither expected nor got a call from Reid affirming he remained in that role. "Quite frankly, I know what I can do when I'm out there and I know what has to happen when I'm out there on the football field. That's just my approach now, to go out and get the job done, and we'll see what happens."

Vick was pressed on having certainly been aware of speculation during the bye.

"You just gotta stand tall," he said. "It's not the first time I've been in this situation. I understand the most important thing is for me to go out there and continue to do my job, and try to help this football team by winning games."

During the bye week, Vick said, he "thought about a lot of what-ifs -- what could have happened, what should have happened, what didnt happen. A lot of things you have no control over. You just gotta keep pushing in this game, keep pushing and keep playing."

Edited by falcons007

Guest Negatorris

What we learn is that Vick is not smart enough to know his job is in trouble.

Just like he's been denying his turnover problem. Ryan would call himself out and work to try and fix it, and Vick would just try to deny that he sucks. What a bum.

Just like he's been denying his turnover problem. Ryan would call himself out and work to try and fix it, and Vick would just try to deny that he sucks. What a bum.

He didn't know he was in trouble with the law and denied that stuff when Mr.Blank asked him about the whole dog fighting crap.

Innocent until proven guilty. I wonder if he denied his turnovers to Goodell? I wonder how long til Mort says "Michael Vick does NOT turn the ball over" only to have it come out the next day that he does in fact turn the ball over.

I'm not gonna let my Eagles and Vick hatred and disdain make me disillusioned. The Eagles can very much beat us Sunday. Cole and Babin had good games last year, I'm concerned that they can replicate that performance. And unless we've improved our Run Defense over these two weeks, McCoy will have a field day (albeit with limited carries). And despite Vick's turnovers, and blunders, the Eagles have been in the driver's seat with chances to win in almost all their games.

The matchups on the outside will be interesting as well. I'd attack DRC and especially Boykin. Tony Gonzalez should have a favorable matchup as well. And Turner should be able to be effective. The No-Huddle caused them issues last year, so if we can have success with it again, we should be good.

I'm not gonna let my Eagles and Vick hatred and disdain make me disillusioned. The Eagles can very much beat us Sunday. Cole and Babin had good games last year, I'm concerned that they can replicate that performance. And unless we've improved our Run Defense over these two weeks, McCoy will have a field day (albeit with limited carries). And despite Vick's turnovers, and blunders, the Eagles have been in the driver's seat with chances to win in almost all their games.

The matchups on the outside will be interesting as well. I'd attack DRC and especially Boykin. Tony Gonzalez should have a favorable matchup as well. And Turner should be able to be effective. The No-Huddle caused them issues last year, so if we can have success with it again, we should be good.

I agree first real test of the season, depends on which Eagles team shows up,they get loose with the ball Falcons win easily, they hold on to it. It will be interesting. Statement game for the Falcons want to be taken seriously need to win this one. They do 28-21

Andy Reid had Falcons number till last year. Hope the Falcons are prepared for this game and I don't want to see Clabo making Babin like a Pro bowler.

I think it depends on who Nolan decides is the playmaker worth stopping this week. He can definitely limit Shady if necessary.

We are primed for an as beatin. If it comes at the hands of Vick this board will shut down and at least 47 good posters will need therapy. Trust me.

Yeah, but at least all of the "The sky is falling" posts will hopefully be out of the way by then.

Anyone know Nolans record against the Iggles? I feel for the first time we are primed to walk into Philly and play dominant football. I dont know , something about this game that has me feeling pretty confident. It might have a lot to do with us leading the league in taking the ball away and the Iggles lead in giving it up.

So I watched sat through the iggles performance from last week...

Unless something changes, i'm not willing to consider a loss on our record.

They were turrrible. Playing some dink and dunk west coast system, Vick's accuracy looked to be at an all time low, and his deep ball was horrendous.

The line has also been very bad, look for penetration in pretty much every gap at some point.

If they get Shady going it's another story, but Vick is playing really bad ball right now. They have the weapons, but nothing is clicking. Throw in some drops (par for the course when vick is throwing bullets on touch routes)and we should see quite a few 3 and outs.

We will no doubt see a classic Eagles trick play or two (reverses always come out to play) and a few long ones from Shady, but I'm really not worried about them offensively as a unit. At worst, we could get double moved on the outside (looking at you asante, he'll want the pick) by Maclin or Desean.

Look great on paper, but that's all.

Defensively, Nnamdi seems to have turned a corner. The LBs are sub standard, and that expensive line isnt' delivering on a level that should have anyone worried.

If we play to potential, I fully believe we can hang some points on them.

Combine that with their anemic offense and I doubt it stays close for very long.

The only thing that saves them from a shellacking imo, is home field and a bye week to sort some issues out.