Atlanta Falcons: Corey Peters Returned To Practice Today

atljbo

Atlanta Falcons: Corey Peters returned to practice today

FLOWERY BRANCH – Falcons defensive tackle Corey Peters, who’s been out with a stress fracture, returned to practice on today.

He suffered the injury while running in the offseason.

“It looked like it was a stress fracture there prior to the injury and it just happened,” Peters told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution before taking the field. “It was going to happen regardless.”

Peters has been rehabilitating while on the team’s reserve/non-football injured list.

“I’m excited about it,” Peters said. “It’s been since January since I’ve been able to play. I’m really excited about it. It’s just like a kid in the candy store.”

Peters suffered the injury before the team’s offseason program started so he’s missed minicamp, organized team activities and training camp. Peters, a third-year player from Kentucky, has been working out with the training staff.

“It was very difficult,” Peters said about his solo workouts. “It was like that kid looking out the window because his Mom wouldn’t let him go outside to play. I’m excited to get back out there with the guys. I hope I can contribute in any way possible.”

Peters is not sure how long it will take him to get into football shape. The Falcons have three weeks to activate him or send him to injured reserve.

“I’m not sure,” said Peters, when asked how long it will take him to get ready. “I’m just focusing on it a day at a time. I haven’t practiced. I hope to get my feet underneath me pretty quickly. Hopefully, I get back into game shape as soon as possible.

Peters started 15 of 16 games as a rookie in 2010. He had 40 tackles, a sack and one pass breakup.

Last season, he started 15 games and had 33 tackles, three sacks, an interception, two pass breakups and he recovered a fumble and returned it 13 yards for a touchdown.