Scouting The Enemy: Eagles Dc Todd Bowles

falcons007

http://www.philly.co...redictable.html

Eagles players had first meeting with their new DC today and it looks like a mixed response.

Players buying him.

"The biggest thing he said was we're not going to be predictable anymore," linebacker Casey Matthews said.

Several other players echoed Matthews' account of the meeting, held on the first day the Eagles gathered since last Monday, a day before Andy Reid fired Juan Castillo and promoted Bowles. While the defense will remain essentially as is with the same starting unit, several players said, there will be natural changes with a new man in charge.

"Things are going to be a little different," Matthews said. "Obviously, he's a totally different type of coach than Juan. Juan was a little more fiery. Todd's laid back, but he knows what he's talking about."

Looks like Babin is not really happy or just being indifferent with the change.

Defensive end Jason Babin was evasive when asked about Bowles.

"I'm not a football guy. I don't know much about him," Babin said. "Shows up on time, works hard."

Babin was asked if he had a reaction when the Eagles announced Tuesday that Bowles would replaced the fired Castillo.

"I've been doing this for nine years now," Babin said. "Kind of have to be numb to the goings-ons."

Edited by falcons007

Seems to me we should use the no huddle 79% of the time dictate what they do please. Oh and run the **** ball.

Might be harder to run no huddle on the road. A fast start with a balanced pass and run game might be crucial. It would be safe to say,Falcons will get lot of unscouted looks.

The Eagles will continue to spiral out of control. Vick will continue falling apart because his age has finally caught up to him. His heroic scrambling days are done.

Vick was amazing when he was young and under 25 years when took off on teams. FInally age is catching up and he never became a pocket passer to bail him out now.

Todd Bowles said they will continue to run Wide 9. The Wide 9 anyway is their Defensive Line coach Jim Washburn's baby.

Are they still are lacking in talent at the LB spot? Because if they are, pound into them with Turner and Snelling all day. Offensively I think we can control this game. I just worry about containing McCoy and a mobile QB at the same time. Be nice if we could make Vick one dimensional and let our corners and safeties feast on his misthrown passes.

Are they still are lacking in talent at the LB spot? Because if they are, pound into them with Turner and Snelling all day. Offensively I think we can control this game. I just worry about containing McCoy and a mobile QB at the same time. Be nice if we could make Vick one dimensional and let our corners and safeties feast on his misthrown passes.

They got Demarco Ryan after a trade from Houston. The LB look decent not great but their DL has been struggling so far. And their CB are playing mostly press and man to man coverage.

They're done. There are some major issues in that locker room. Major. And it's not just the DBs. Babin's response is a bit telling. I don't generally read into these sort of things, but the fact that he's indifferent to the coord makes me think that he's sorta lost faith in coaching. That echos what Alphabet said the other day. Reid has lost the team. The implosion continues.

My hope is we jump out by 14 quickly and make vick play catchup throwing the ball. Thing is, shady can catch the ball. Reid is always good for mixing in a few misdirection plays like reverses or razzle dazzle plays too.

Falcons were ready to blow up those misdirections and reverses last year. Bosher punted a ball to our own 19 yard line which setup an Eagles TD. All the fans were fuming over Bosher after the Eagles game last year.