Will Muschamp's Intensity....

hoose76

last year he was way to emotional and now he's more relax than last year and the team is feeding off of him.

I agree with that. Muschamp seems to have found the right balance. Whether he can maintain it is the question... I think we probably see Crazy Will again before the season's over.

We have that in Grantham, but it appears that he's been told to tone it down, which frustrates me to no end.

Probably some of the old guard with the good seats behind the UGA bench (the ones that wont' stand up at all during the game) complained about hearing the F word from Grantham.

if richt gets fired and uga does not hire kirby smart, the AD should be fired. Kirby is my #1 up and coming coach

Would take a lot of people swallowing their pride to even offer Kirby Smart to come in to replace Richt if/when that ever happens. He doesn't have many friends left in or around UGA.

if richt gets fired and uga does not hire kirby smart, the AD should be fired. Kirby is my #1 up and coming coach

Kirby will be a very good Head Coach IMO. Georgia Tech may want to consider Kirby if they make a move on Paul Johnson. He can flat out recruit and would bring in talent wherever he goes.

Kirby Smart has always been my number 1 choice if someone were to replace Richt and I think Georgia is his number one choice if he ever want to be a HC.

It's a totally logical hire. The only problem is his strained relationships around the program. If they can get past the bs he's pulled at the expense of UGA, then it would be a solid hire for sure. I don't see that happening but that's just my opinion. If this season takes a downward turn this weekend and 2013 is poor with a tougher schedule, that might just be enough to make such a move.

Ah. I hate his style of offense but he seems to be a very good coach. I think he's maybe a little overrated as a head coach, especially by UGA fans, but he's a good one. Between him and Charlie Strong, I think I'd prefer Strong by a long shot.

I just prefer someone with HC experience, over Kirby.

Ah. I hate his style of offense but he seems to be a very good coach. I think he's maybe a little overrated as a head coach, especially by UGA fans, but he's a good one. Between him and Charlie Strong, I think I'd prefer Strong by a long shot.

I didn't think the idea of a spread offense would fly with UGA fans. Mullen is a good coach and has been impressive in his turnaround of MSU. He really benefited this year by the total collapses of Auburn and Arkansas though.

I didn't think the idea of a spread offense would fly with UGA fans. Mullen is a good coach and has been impressive in his turnaround of MSU. He really benefited this year by the total collapses of Auburn and Arkansas though.

Their defense seems to be doing a whole lot better than ours.

I just prefer someone with HC experience, over Kirby.

Agreed, but Muschamp was my first choice. Primarily because he's a known quantity. He's had success everywhere he's been and that includes several different coaching staffs. He would have replaced Mack Brown as head coach at Texas. He's a strong defensive minded coach and he has proven himself on his own merit. Plus he has the intensity and accountability to keep folks in line.

Kirby Smart has always been under the thumb of Nick Saban, so I feel like there's just not enough to go on. Bama wouldn't hire him to be head coach if Saban left. He's a great recruiter and he's had the years of experience in a great system, he's a logical hire for anyone... but I am not sold on him and I have serious doubts that he'd ever get a chance at UGA anyway.