Lol At Gonzo On Fox

Peyton

I bet they are not gonna say ... Giants won a close game so they are not as good as they look.

The Fox guys just analyzed it. "Giants find a way to win..." The real story is the Giants almost dropped a game at home to the redskins. At least the Falcons won the close one on the road. Falcons > Giants, eff what the media wants to spin it as.

The Fox guys just analyzed it. "Giants find a way to win..." The real story is the Giants almost dropped a game at home to the redskins. At least the Falcons won the close one on the road. Falcons > Giants, eff what the media wants to spin it as.

We almost dropped a game to the currently 1-5 Panthers. Just saying. It was a division game, you expect those to be close, even if you are playing at home.

Edited by JerseyNo12

That's just an excuse us fans use when we don't blow a divisional rival out like we should have. It makes us feel better about ourselves.

I don't mean to be rude or insult you in any way, but would you mind if I asked how long you've been seriously watching football?

There's nothing excuse like about it. Ask any player, coach or long time fan who have seen lowly division rivals change into a power house when they play their team.

It is fact. Absolute fact.

I can remember the days when the Falcons and Saints were both cellar dwellers - and the 9ers and Rams were the only teams that counted. Yet, the games between the Saints and Falcons were sometimes the best in the Division. Heck, even playing those power houses, we sometimes (though rarely) won and took them to overtime quite a few times.

I don't mean to be rude or insult you in any way, but would you mind if I asked how long you've been seriously watching football?

There's nothing excuse like about it. Ask any player, coach or long time fan who have seen lowly division rivals change into a power house when they play their team.

Probably longer than you've been alive. The problem is there's no way to quantify it. Same thing happened to us against the Raiders as against the Panthers. It's just we can't use that excuse with the Raiders. : )

Probably longer than you've been alive. The problem is there's no way to quantify it. Same thing happened to us against the Raiders as against the Panthers. It's just we can't use that excuse with the Raiders. : )

Are you watching the Patriots v Jets game now? I'm sure many expected to see the Patriots run away with that game.

Edited by JerseyNo12

Surprised you can still type then. I'll be 70 soon.

Division games are tougher. The Panthers play us two times a year every year, so they know us much better than a team that plays us once every three to four years. But I agree, we really don't have an excuse for the Raiders.

Edited by Da Bird is Da Word

It is fact. Absolute fact.

I can remember the days when the Falcons and Saints were both cellar dwellers - and the 9ers and Rams were the only teams that counted. Yet, the games between the Saints and Falcons were sometimes the best in the Division. Heck, even playing those power houses, we sometimes (though rarely) won and took them to overtime quite a few times.

I remember Chris Miller and the lowly Falcons cruising into Candlestick and blowing out Joe Montana and the Niners. Yeah that was sweetness.

Exhibit 1 - the same thing happened with the Raiders. They aren't a divisional rival. Hence my point it can't really be quantified. Same thing basically with Washington too. Just something to make the fans feel better about losing a close game where they should have blown them out.

We should be blowing all these teams out on paper but we're not. So what's the REAL problem other than we actually have to play the game?

Exhibit 1 - the same thing happened with the Raiders. They aren't a divisional rival. Hence my point it can't really be quantified. Same thing basically with Washington too. Just something to make the fans feel better about losing a close game where they should have blown them out.

We should be blowing all these teams out on paper but we're not. So what's the REAL problem other than we actually have to play the game?

If the opposing defense knows your quirks and tendencies on offense, why do you expect a blow out? This is the situation with division rivals.

Edited by JerseyNo12

If the opposing defense knows your quirks and tendencies on offense, why do you expect a blow out? This is the situation with division rivals.

As I asked before, then what happened with the Raiders? Another last minute win against a team we should have blown out. What's the 'excuse' there? Like I said, it can't really be quantified. It sounds 'good', but it doesn't fly when we're having the same problem with non-divisional rivals.