I Don't Know About You, But I'm Not Sold On The 2012 Falcons

Rumbleman

I love the 6-0! Let's all write it down: "6 & 0, BABY!" At the same time, let's not get carried away. I got flamed in here last Sunday when I remarked about how the defending champs, the NYG's, are playing compared to our Birds. Monday morning, lo and behold, I was backed up by the professional talking heads; "This team (Falcons), is regressing, and **** lucky to be undefeated!"

We all know it's true, and we haven't been tested yet by a team that can punch you in the mouth. And while this is supposedly a "pass happy league" now, you can bet your bottom dollar that if you can't run the rock, you're in trouble. Worse yet, if you can't STOP your opponent from running that rock, you're gonna get beat and beat badly, sooner or later. Well, we can't run effectively nor can we stop a good running attack. What happened to our vaunted running game???

Last Sunday against the Raiders, we had 45 yards rushing. The lowly Raiders had over 3 times that. Take away the 15 yard scramble by our QB, and we're left with 30 yards from Turner, Quizz and Snelling combined. 30 yards? R U kidding? It should have been featured on "C'mon, Man!" on ESPN!

Yeah, we're 6-0 and that's great. It's historical! It's monumental! But it don't mean a damned thing at the end of the day. This team has serious issues that can (will), come around to haunt them if it's not somehow fixed real soon. I have high hopes for this season, but I hope mostly that Smitty and his coaching crew, as well as all of our players, are not necessarily enjoying their time off this bye week. There will be plenty enough time for that at season's end, no matter how it plays out.

GO BIRDS!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Falcons are very overrated. The Eagles are gonna stomp the **** out of them and i cant wait! you only beat them last season because Vick got hurt. Andy Reid is 13-0= Undefeated after the Bye. Yeah sure he's really gonna let a lowly team like the Falcons that he HAS NEVER had trouble beating beat him.We have two of the best corners in the league. If you think Ryan wont be picked off youre insane, LMAO go ahead and throw it to Julio, DRC is faster than him. Go ahead and throw it to Roddy. Your best bet is to throw to Gonzales.

Who have you guys played? I mean honestly. The Broncos have been garbage this season,you almost lost to the Raiders. The only semi decent team you played was the Redskins and you won because RG3 got hurt an their back up gave you a few nice picks. Falcons are overrated,always have been,always will be. The Giants held you to 2 pts. This is a team Vick beats with his eyes close. Matter a fact he just beat them a few weeks ago. Lmao@ anyone thinking the doo doo birds are foreal. Youve always have favorable schedule. I guess Auther blank is good friends with the schedule makers. They sure didnt do us any favors we have the toughest schedule in the entire NFL this season. And youre the 3rd team we're playing coming off a bye. Whoever made the schedule this season must really hate the Eagles.

Edited by blpower

The Falcons are very overrated. The Eagles are gonna stomp the **** out of them and i cant wait! you only beat them last season because Vick got hurt. Andy Reid is 13-0= Undefeated after the Bye. Yeah sure he's really gonna let a lowly team like the Falcons that he HAS NEVER had trouble beating beat him.We have to of the best corners in the league. If you think Ryan want be picked off youre insane, LMAO go ahead and throw it to Julio, DRC is faster than him. Go ahead and throw it to Roddy. Your best bet is to throw to Gonzales.

Who have you guys played? I mean honestly. The Broncos have been garbage this season,you almost lost to the Raiders. The only semi decent team you played was the Redskins and you won because RG3 got hurt an their back up gave you a few nice picks. Falcons are overrated,always have been,always will be. The Giants held you to 2 pts. This is a team Vick beats with his eyes close. Matter a fact he just beat them a few weeks ago.

cooler reply

There hasn't been a team that hasn't shown to have weaknesses or holes. Right now we've done everything we need to fill our pockets up with W's that will help us get to the post season. There isn't another team that can say that right now.

I guarantee there isn't any team out there that wants to play us. I'm pretty sure Smith and the coaching staff have taken a good long hard look at us and have come up with atleast a solution (might not be the right/best solution) to the problems.

I also wouldn't really consider the outcome of this upcoming Eagles game as a barometer to what we've done even if we blow them out. The bottom line is that we've done record wise as good as we can to get to the post season. How we're playing the last 3-4 weeks of the season will show more of what we're made of.

There hasn't been a team that hasn't shown to have weaknesses or holes. Right now we've done everything we need to fill our pockets up with W's that will help us get to the post season. There isn't another team that can say that right now.

I guarantee there isn't any team out there that wants to play us. I'm pretty sure Smith and the coaching staff have taken a good long hard look at us and have come up with atleast a solution (might not be the right/best solution) to the problems.

I also wouldn't really consider the outcome of this upcoming Eagles game as a barometer to what we've done even if we blow them out. The bottom line is that we've done record wise as good as we can to get to the post season. How we're playing the last 3-4 weeks of the season will show more of what we're made of.

When have the Falcons ever blown out the Eagles i mean like seriously?Get over yourselves.You aint played nobody. Andy Reid has ALWAYS had your number and dont think because you have Nolan as DC thats gonna change LMAO. Reid has had success against him numerous times as well and we know Asante's weaknesses. I watched Desean burn him all the time in camp.

The Falcons are very overrated. The Eagles are gonna stomp the **** out of them and i cant wait! you only beat them last season because Vick got hurt. Andy Reid is 13-0= Undefeated after the Bye. Yeah sure he's really gonna let a lowly team like the Falcons that he HAS NEVER had trouble beating beat him.We have two of the best corners in the league. If you think Ryan want be picked off youre insane, LMAO go ahead and throw it to Julio, DRC is faster than him. Go ahead and throw it to Roddy. Your best bet is to throw to Gonzales.

Who have you guys played? I mean honestly. The Broncos have been garbage this season,you almost lost to the Raiders. The only semi decent team you played was the Redskins and you won because RG3 got hurt an their back up gave you a few nice picks. Falcons are overrated,always have been,always will be. The Giants held you to 2 pts. This is a team Vick beats with his eyes close. Matter a fact he just beat them a few weeks ago. Lmao@ anyone thinking the doo doo birds are foreal. Youve always have favorable schedule. I guess Auther blank is good friends with the schedule makers. They sure didnt do us any favors we have the toughest schedule in the entire NFL this season. And youre the 3rd team we're playing coming off a bye. Whoever made the schedule this season must really hate the Eagles.

It's hard to argue with anything you say, but I don't think the Bronco's are garbage. I do think the Falcons are overrated, and that's coming from a die-hard falcons fan since 1966.

Andy has had our number for the most part and seems unbeatable after a bye. Can't argue with 13-0. But this years Eagles are a train wreck.

When have the Falcons ever blown out the Eagles i mean like seriously?Get over yourselves.You aint played nobody. Andy Reid has ALWAYS had your number and dont think because you have Nolan as DC thats gonna change LMAO. Reid has had success against him numerous times as well and we know Asante's weaknesses. I watched Desean burn him all the time in camp.

6-0

It's hard to argue with anything you say, but I don't think the Bronco's are garbage. I do think the Falcons are overrated, and that's coming from a die-hard falcons fan since 1966.

Andy has had our number for the most part and seems unbeatable after a bye. Can't argue with 13-0. But this years Eagles are a train wreck.

This is exactly what we want everyone to think. WE are making Big changes during the Bye. Getting a few new Olineman because Vick only gets 1 second to throw. Secondly we fired a DC. You know,the one that used to be our Olines coach. LOL Andy was pretty dumb for making him a DC in the first place. He took Nnamdi off Calvin last week and our defense got burned Juan was in over his head. His replacement was already on the team and not only has had success in the NFL but experience and a good track record. You will see next week. Edited by blpower

You will see next week.

Indeed we will. I'll be honest here in saying that if Vick has a real good day and Andy is sharp with his game planning, our Falcons will be in for a long afternoon.

Vick can be amazing. He can also be terrible. I know he'll play his old team the best he can. We'll see.

Indeed we will. I'll be honest here in saying that if Vick has a real good day and Andy is sharp with his game planning, our Falcons will be in for a long afternoon.

Vick can be amazing. He can also be terrible. I know he'll play his old team the best he can. We'll see.

Vick has been trash this season with the exception of the Ravens and Giants game,mostly due to having to throw 50/60 + times a game when we have a horrid Oline. We lost our starting Center for the season so now we're using a 3rd stringer,our RT is a first round bust and turnstyle our RG is just as bad,our Starting LT is out for the season and our LG sucks to high heaven,thats why we brought in some new olineman during the bye to give them a work out. Anyone would be better than what we have now. Those guys shouldnt even be starting in the NFL. Im actually suprised Vick hasnt been hurt yet. Edited by blpower

Vick has been trash this season with the exception of the Ravens and Giants game,mostly due to having to throw 50/60 + times a game when we have a horrid Oline. We lost our starting Center for the season so now we're using a 3rd stringer,our RT is a first round bust and turnstyle our RG is just as bad,our Starting LT is out for the season and our LG sucks to high heaven,thats why we brought in some new olineman during the bye to give them a work out. Anyone would be better than what we have now. Those guys shouldnt even be starting in the NFL. Im actually suprised Vick hasnt been hurt yet.

Injuries are part of the game. All teams suffer them.

We don't need to beat the Iggles. Vick is doing a really good job of that himself!

Like I said, he can be great one week and suck the next. I know it's not as simple as that, but Michael Vick scares me never the less. As a Falcons fan, I've seen what he can do when he gets hot.

Vick has been trash this season with the exception of the Ravens and Giants game,mostly due to having to throw 50/60 + times a game when we have a horrid Oline. We lost our starting Center for the season so now we're using a 3rd stringer,our RT is a first round bust and turnstyle our RG is just as bad,our Starting LT is out for the season and our LG sucks to high heaven,thats why we brought in some new olineman during the bye to give them a work out. Anyone would be better than what we have now. Those guys shouldnt even be starting in the NFL. Im actually suprised Vick hasnt been hurt yet.

So… You have no offensive line to speak of and you think you're going to stop our pass rush. Good luck with that.

Vick still can't read a defense. I fully expect to see the return of the amoeba defense just to make his head spin.

Vick has his problems, but so do we. We can't run and we can't stop the run. Honestly, I see this game as a toss-up. I hate to say that,.I hate the frickin' Eagles! laugh.png

The Falcons are very overrated. The Eagles are gonna stomp the **** out of them and i cant wait! you only beat them last season because Vick got hurt. Andy Reid is 13-0= Undefeated after the Bye. Yeah sure he's really gonna let a lowly team like the Falcons that he HAS NEVER had trouble beating beat him.We have two of the best corners in the league. If you think Ryan wont be picked off youre insane, LMAO go ahead and throw it to Julio, DRC is faster than him. Go ahead and throw it to Roddy. Your best bet is to throw to Gonzales.

You may have a valid point or two; however, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, you sound like a ****.

Cool story bro.

tumblr_m9jq13JMMw1rcspw2o1_400.gif

You don't get 6-0 in the NFL being bad. The Falcons are a very good, very talented team. But being an old boxing fan, I subscribe to the idea that you gotta beat the champ to be the champ and in my mind, despite their rocky start, the G-men are still the best team in the NFL and they proved it last Sunday against the 49'ers. 9-7 last season didn't bother them much. As long as they can get into the playoffs, they're good-to-go. What they did to the 49'ers last Sunday should make any NFL fan take notice that they're still the heavyweight champion and personally I think we match up poorly, forgetting the 24-2 stomping given us by them recently enough. And to beat the Pats in the SB not once, but twice? Tell me they're not a great team with a great coach! Tell me!

Fortunately, we don't have to play them until later in the season and hopefully we'll be ready and able.