The Falcons Can't Fix Playoff Woes Until January.

Tuggle'2

The Atlanta Falcons current record of 6-0 may have been dismissed by many parts of the media much to the annoyance of Falcons fans, but the NFL’s last undefeated team has still been met with some caution by fans of the team from Georgia.

There are two main reasons for this, the second, which we will come to later is this current teams recent playoff history, something that the media themselves have become a little obsessed with. The playoffs don’t start until January and therefore it is impossible for any team to improve their record in the post season at any time before then.

The first area of concern in some quarters is the quality of the 6 wins. Four of the first 6 games have been against teams from the AFC West, a division in which no team has a winning record.

http://getrealfootba...sOUxe2BI.reddit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The link above is for the rest of the blog. I thought it was a really good read. Hope you enjoy. There is a lot of truth in it. We cannot fix our playoff woes until we are actually in the freaking playoffs. That excuse at this point in time holds zero weight and needs to be set aside until the time comes.

As mentioned previously, nothing can be done about improving this record until January and the Falcons have to make sure that they are in a position to do so by continuing to win in the regular season. As a Falcons fan you have to feel that all they need is that first playoff victory under their belt. That feeling of finally ‘getting that monkey of their back’ and they’ll be no stopping them. This Falcons fan for one is sure hoping so.

I think its safe to say we all feel like this.

I've often said that the "well they have to win in the playoffs" argument is just for those who don't want to currently give us our props. I don't think there is any fan out here who doesn't want us to succeed in the playoffs because untimely that's how you win championships, but one has nothing to do with us currently being 6-0. We cannot address our playoff issues in October, but in order to get to Jan. you have to win during the other 4 months. We have the same opportunity to get better during the rest of the season, as every other team, & i expect that we will. The great news is we are 3 games up (4 in the win column) inside our division. We can fix what ever problems we have without losing ground. We have the tools, the weapons, & the confidence to go on a playoff run & bring home the Lombardi. The only way previous years' failures affect this years success is that i'm sure it drives them to be hungry, & that my friend is a positive.

This is the dumbest argument used against the Falcons. I see it all the time also. The worse part it normally comes right after someone says "last season doesnt matter". You cant talk chit about a 6-0 team when your team is 1-4 or not even .500.

Second this "falcons havent beat a team with a winning record " needs to go away. Simply, records only matter before an after the game. These are professional athletes and they perform or try to win every game they play they want to get paid also. There are no easy wins in the NFL.

before you can "fix" playoff problems you have to get into the playoffs

There's a long way to go to get there. I'm afraid that if some current problems aren't "fixed" they will not get there.

Teams with worse problems than ours get there all the time. I have no idea why some fans are hardest on their own teams but it is dumb. Barring significant injury with the schedule we all face please explain how we are going to lose this division with a 4 game lead. I'd be surprised if any of them do better than 2-2 in the AFC West.

It's ignorant to call the Falcons "overrated" with a 6-0(reg season rec).

Likewise, it seems like we are expecting the media to talk like we are a SB contender, even though we all agree that nothing can be

determined until the p/o. Who really wants to be labeled "Best Regular Season Team"?

Why lose sleep because the Falcons are not considered the best team right now?

Well everyone, including myself, is anxious about how this team will do IF we make the playoffs. The last couple of weeks have even shaken my overall faith in how good a team we have after such an awesome start. But winning is all that counts, and any team that can come from behind consistently to win is doing something right. When you consider that with the fact that we have new coordinators, I think we should have a very good feeling right now even though the rest of the league is just waiting for us to fall off the mountain.

I want to tweet this article to people like Kriegler and Evans. The pundits who cower from any real Falcons discussion by hiding behind past playoff failures. Evans probably did the worst by saying he could not be "WEEK 3s" top team because of last freaking year. That had to be the most asinine thing I've ever heard. Its such a weak argument and even more commonly used incorrectly like Evans did. It holds zero context in the here and now which is why I dislike the whole premise.

Evans and sharper are terrible, first I thought nfl network had them on there thinking that people would want to watch more because they "go-at" each other. But even when arguing between each other they are usually both wrong. Just my input I don't even know the name of this thread posting this hahah