Here Is Why We Go 7-0 - A Season Of Firsts

Finally

1. JJ's hand should be completely healed. We won't be leaving as many points on the field.

2. With new coordinators we have more experience playing them than they do us.

3, They will not be installing a new defensive scheme but if they do it works in our favor not theirs.

4. Matt Ryan was unhappy after Raiders game

5. Smitty was unhappy

6. At this point Vick has got to be losing the faith of his teammates. Once you lose the confidence that you will win it makes you lose more.

7. Vick will either have 0 turnovers or at least 3. A safe bet would be the latter.

8. In what I am meow calling a Season of Firsts the Falcons will be the first team to hand Reid a loss after a Bye week.

Now by this time next week my confidence won't be as high. For some reason bye weeks get into my head but while I am still feeling it here ya go.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post , would add that the last time that Ryan had two bad games in a row was in 2009, Eagles haven't gotten a sack in 3 weeks, McCoy is averaging 2.5 YPC behind that Oline the last 2 weeks, Falcons shut RG3 down, good bet they can shut Vick down, Reid hasn't been himself this year with the stress of losing his job and the tragedy with his son, Last 19 games, Vick has 22 INTs and 19 fumbles [9 lost], Eagles are 31st in scoring, Falcons can win this game.

By the law of Falcon Bizarro Logic, the Falcons actually have a better chance to beat the Eagles next week by playing poorly over the past three weeks than if they'd dominated. Historically just when you think this team is in serious trouble, they look like the second coming of the 17-0 Miami Dolphins. But then when they look like they're going to stroll into a game and slaughter some mediocre team, they play like the Slippery Rock High Girls Rugby team. (i.e. the infamous 48-21 curbstomp vs Green Bay in the Dome as No. 1 seed). I don't have any idea which team is going to show up against the Eagles, but there's no question in my mind that we SHOULD beat them and we ARE a better team than they are, but you never know with this bunch.

Edited by PokerSteve

Great post , would add that the last time that Ryan had two bad games in a row was in 2009, Eagles haven't gotten a sack in 3 weeks, McCoy is averaging 2.5 YPC behind that Oline the last 2 weeks, Falcons shut RG3 down, good bet they can shut Vick down, Reid hasn't been himself this year with the stress of losing his job and the tragedy with his son, Last 19 games, Vick has 22 INTs and 19 fumbles [9 lost], Eagles are 31st in scoring, Falcons can win this game.

yes they can but, wont be easy at all......look at our past 3 opponents especially, Oakland Raiders. We should have clobbered them by 3 TD's but, we all know what happened.

Our offense HAS to get their act together....we wont get bailed out by our defense each week.

This game could go any number of ways. We could come out and dominate, making it look easy like the Chargers game. We could come out and struggle all game only to pull out the last second win like the Carolina game. Or we could have a chance to win it and get screwed by the refs again like the last time in Philly.

The only thing I cannot see happening is us getting dominated.

The more I think about it. I was more worried about the Skins game then the upcoming Eagles game. I really believe 7-0 is on the way. I expect Vick to practice a lot on not turning the ball over , I expect him to fail at it. I think our defense wins this game for us while I our offense puts up 28.

yes they can but, wont be easy at all......look at our past 3 opponents especially, Oakland Raiders. We should have clobbered them by 3 TD's but, we all know what happened.

Our offense HAS to get their act together....we wont get bailed out by our defense each week.

I will only worry about the last 3 weeks if there is a 4th which might mean there is some tough sledding ahead. I have to think that some of the problems will be fixed and most importantly if we had not left points on the field with dropped passes this fanbase would not be nearly as nervous.

The one thing we can't do is beat ourselves. I think we could probably handle one turnover but with their D that is probably it.

I think if we don't beat ourselves we will win. I think the coaches should realize by now they will have to be pretty fluid in making adjustments early in the game. I also think with this team we have to keep the gas on for 60 minutes. Vick may be one of the worst QBs in the league but if he gets hot he can still do a lot of damage.

Nolan should be ready for some gadgets.

We know this team. We play them every year. Ryan is not going to be as easy to fool either. He is certainly not going to remain winless in Pennsylvania.

A Season of Firsts. I believe.

We need to get to vick like we did last year.

If we can get to vick like we did last year and hit him and cause turnovers, if we can protect Ryan like we have the vast majority of the year we win this one going away.

If we let him run loose and do his thing and have a protection game like we did vs Carolina then I think we get blown out.

We need to get to vick like we did last year.

If we can get to vick like we did last year and hit him and cause turnovers, if we can protect Ryan like we have the vast majority of the year we win this one going away.

If we let him run loose and do who thing and have a protection game like we did vs Carolina then I think we get blown out.

^^^ This.

1. JJ's hand should be completely healed. We won't be leaving as many points on the field.

- Does not change that he makes mental errors.

-If the players dont execute it does not matter. The coordinators put them in position if they don't execute you get games like the raiders game.

3, They will not be installing a new defensive scheme but if they do it works in our favor not theirs.

-and? Cam Newton was unhappy after the Falcons Game. Emotion does not equal change

5. Smitty was unhappy

^

6. At this point Vick has got to be losing the faith of his teammates. Once you lose the confidence that you will win it makes you lose more.

7. Vick will either have 0 turnovers or at least 3. A safe bet would be the latter.

8. In what I am meow calling a Season of Firsts the Falcons will be the first team to hand Reid a loss after a Bye week.

Now by this time next week my confidence won't be as high. For some reason bye weeks get into my head but while I am still feeling it here ya go.

- Does not change that he makes mental errors.

-If the players dont execute it does not matter. The coordinators put them in position if they don't execute you get games like the raiders game.

-and? Cam Newton was unhappy after the Falcons Game. Emotion does not equal change

5. Smitty was unhappy

^

1. He is a young player. He will not play perfectly. However his hand was really cut badly and that cost more drops than normal.

2. They have already proven they can execute better than they have so see 4.

4. Seriously? You think Cam Newton is anywhere close to the professionalism of Matt Ryan? You haven't been paying attention.

5. If you don't get that an upset head coach won't knock heads and fix some things I can't help you.

This team under the current regime hasn't had the best luck vs Philly. Thankfully, Philly looks like poop this year. But this game does have the potential to get away from us.

We're gonna have to run the ball effectively to have a shot at beating Philly. They have good corners in Cromartie and Asomugha.

We're gonna have to run the ball effectively to have a shot at beating Philly. They have good corners in Cromartie and Asomugha.

Yeah but they have crap safeties.

Tony is going to have another big day.

IF we can give Ryan the time he has had the vast majority of the year their defense can not touch our offense.

wasnt a comparison was an example. To show that emotions does not equal change.

I have to say that it was a bad comparison. Cam Newton is ruled by his emotions he doesn't learn from adversity he rebels against it and goes into crybaby mode. Matt Ryan has always seemed to use his emotions as drive to learn more and get better. They are polar opposites. It doesnt even make sense.

1. He is a young player. He will not play perfectly. However his hand was really cut badly and that cost more drops than normal.

4. Seriously? You think Cam Newton is anywhere close to the professionalism of Matt Ryan? You haven't been paying attention.

5. If you don't get that an upset head coach won't knock heads and fix some things I can't help you.

Its fine, thats the human factor in football. Our coordinators have proven they are much better at adjusting, but no matter how good or how much they know they dont play the game they put them in position, but if we dont catch the int, make the sack, stop the running back it doesnt matter.

Again, its not a comparison its an example. I chose an extreme example to help illustrate the point.

Again, being mad and upset does not change the fact that the other team gets paid also. The team that executes on GAMEDAY will be the winner. Talent in the NFL is so close it comes down to execution.