I Watched To Patrick Willis Play Last Night

Tootie Quivers

That year I thought the Falcons were gonna get Adrian Peterson and then he went off the board with the pick before (Vikings). I thought it's ok there's still Marshawn Lynch, Patrick Willis on the board and then we drafted Jamaal Anderson... I was like who is this? But I'll trust McKay... Darelle Revis also went 14th that year.

That year I thought the Falcons were gonna get Adrian Peterson and then he went off the board with the pick before (Vikings). I thought it's ok there's still Marshawn Lynch, Patrick Willis on the board and then we drafted Jamaal Anderson... I was like who is this? But I'll trust McKay... Darelle Revis also went 14th that year.

Wow, that is depressing. I didn't realize the talent we passed up on.

McKay had to have been on crack for drafting Anderson over Revis and Willis. I have to admit that I was not sure about Revis's potential at that time but I knew that Willis was going to be very good in the NFL and that is why I was mad that the Falcons did not draft him. I thought Anderson was going to be a bust before the draft in 2007.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds

McKay had to have been on crack for drafting Anderson over Revis and Willis. I have to admit that I was not sure about Revis's potential at that time but I knew that Willis was going to be very good in the NFL and that is why I was mad that the Falcons did not draft him. I thought Anderson was going to be a bust before the draft in 2007.

You blame this on McKay, but it was Petrino's decision to tell McKay to draft the guy.

Linebackers on our roster for the 2007 season:

Boley

Brooking

Demorrio Williams

Taylor (who?)

Travis Williams (who?)

DEs on our roster for the 2007 season:

Anderson

Abraham

Davis

So, it's pretty obvious why we went DE. We needed help desperately on the ends. Unfortunately, when you look at what was available at DE, and what's been produced from that class, it isn't too impressive.

Gaines Adams (May he rest in peace)

Anderson

Jarvis Moss

Quentin Moses

Anthony Spencer

Victor Abiamiri

Those are just to name a few who were thought to be some elite DEs coming in. Honestly, when you look at the entire DE class, there are only a few you can point out as decent players now.