Special Weems

hjerry

...is doing nothing in Chicago, and I mean nothing. I checked. He hasn't caught a single catch. He doesn't return punts or kickoffs, and he currently only has 2 tackles, so it's not like he's doing anything on special teams for them either. Heck, he's only been active for 4 of their 5 games. I really wonder if they'll end up cutting or trading him, at season's end, at this rate. I really do hate to see him so underutilized. I mean, he didn't do a whole lot here either, but compared to this, he was an all-pro in Atlanta. This is just sad.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/10770/eric-weems

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't believe it when I heard Weems was cut in the off season. I always felt comfortable when he was returning the ball, and I recall that even when he didn't make a big play he would often make it to the 35 yard line. In our home loss to the Saints last year they punted the ball over the end zone every single time because they knew Weems could give us good field position. The last few games Ryan has had to try and bail us out of or near our own end zones a dozen times. You can take a good punt returner for granted when you have one...

Edited by Da Bird is Da Word

Guest Negatorris

I couldn't believe it when I heard Weems was cut in the off season. I always felt comfortable when he was returning the ball, and I recall that even when he didn't make a big play he would often make it to the 35 yard line. In our home loss to the Saints last year they punted the ball over the end zone every single time because they knew Weems could give us good field position. The last few games Ryan has had to try and bail us out of or near our own end zones a dozen times. You can take a good punt returner for granted when you have one...

He wasn't cut. I think he was just a FA we didn't resign.

Guest Negatorris

I'd like to see Eric Weems as a receiver. I think he has just as much, if not more ability than HD. He could be dangerous in the open field.

If they cut that mofo we need to bring him back to Atlanta Georgia. Second all time Falcon punt returner. Second all time Falcon kick returner. I'd trade Quizz and Franks for him tomorrow morning. Another Dimi gaffe. Trust me.

I love how you bash Dimi for not giving Weems a big contract (for his position) that the Bears gave him. rolleyes.gif

If they cut that mofo we need to bring him back to Atlanta Georgia. Second all time Falcon punt returner. Second all time Falcon kick returner. I'd trade Quizz and Franks for him tomorrow morning. Another Dimi gaffe. Trust me.

MORON ALERT! MORON ALERT! MORON ALERT!

...People. Eric "Who?" Weems is NOT coming back to Atl.... SMH

I love how you bash Dimi for not giving Weems a big contract (for his position) that the Bears gave him. rolleyes.gif

Exactly. I'm sure everyone would have loved to get Weems back, but at 3 years at 4.2 million, it wasn't close to worth it. The guy is at best a 4th receiver and a STs player. We've got Franks for 4 years at 2 million. That's 1 million less PER SEASON. While not the best, Franks is still adequate and doesn't deserve all of the berating that he takes on this board

I'd like to see Eric Weems as a receiver. I think he has just as much, if not more ability than HD. He could be dangerous in the open field.

So, in 5 years in Atlanta, nobody in the FO/coaching staff ever figured out that Weems was as good as HD? Including the year HD was injured and they really really needed a WR?

Why isn't he tearing it up in Chicago? They can't figure it out either?

Just don't get this- sure , would love to have Weems back, for his special teams prowess, not for his receiving.

And lets not forget that he let his share of punts roll inside the 20 as well. It's not like Falcons gave up on Devin Hester.

I wouldnt call it a gaffe only because the Bears paid him more than he was worth. You probably wouldve been more upset if we spent the kind of money that the Bears did just to bring back a special teamer

So, in 5 years in Atlanta, nobody in the FO/coaching staff ever figured out that Weems was as good as HD? Including the year HD was injured and they really really needed a WR?

Why isn't he tearing it up in Chicago? They can't figure it out either?

Just don't get this- sure , would love to have Weems back, for his special teams prowess, not for his receiving.

And lets not forget that he let his share of punts roll inside the 20 as well. It's not like Falcons gave up on Devin Hester.

Truth. He was great covering kicks, but his returns last year were just as annoying as Franks's this year by my recollection.

I wouldnt call it a gaffe only because the Bears paid him more than he was worth. You probably wouldve been more upset if we spent the kind of money that the Bears did just to bring back a special teamer

Exactly! TD can't win with some people! D@mned if he does, d@mned if he doesn't...dry.png