Falcons Biggest Challenge In Nfc?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Negatorris

It's between the Bears and NYG. One good game by the Packers after losing to the Colts last week won't make me believe they're back. CHI hasn't really faced anyone good.

I think you guys are overestimating the value of homefield advantage, Didn't do much for us when we got blown out by GB in the playoffs.

We are a completely different team than the 2010 version. In 2010 we won by near perfect execution and not being penalized. In 2012 we are winning with dominant talent on offense and opportunistic play on defense, much like the Saints Super Bowl team. The scary thing for the rest of the NFC is that our execution is still inconsistent due to having two néw coordinators. As we grow more comfortable with the schemes our production will continue to improve as the year progresses. Come playoff time we should be a much better team than we currently are. Beware NFC, for the Birds are just scratching the surface.

Edited by Falconsin2012

I think you guys are overestimating the value of homefield advantage, Didn't do much for us when we got blown out by GB in the playoffs.

Don flame suit and get ready for people here to jump on you (for just stating your opinion on a PUBLIC FORUM)

not like you should give a sh*t anyway. . . .I wouldn.t

We are a completely different team than the 2010 version. In 2010 we won by near perfect execution and not being penalized. In 2012 we are winning with dominant talent on offense and opportunistic play on defense, much like the Saints Super Bowl team. The scary thing for the rest of the NFC is that our execution is still inconsistent due to having two néw coordinators. As we grow more comfortable with the schemes our production will continue to improve as the year progresses. Come playoff time we should be a much better team than we currently are. Beware NFC, for the Birds are just scratching the surface.

Yeah I don't agree with this at all. Maybe in the Chiefs game the Falcons won the way you described. Maybe the Panthers game.

The Falcons offense really isn't playing dominant football. Solid in most games, but not dominant like the 2009 Saints. I mean, geez, we just got held to 286 yards by nearly the worst defense in the league. That's not like the 2009 Saints.

Yeah I don't agree with this at all. Maybe in the Chiefs game the Falcons won the way you described. Maybe the Panthers game.

The Falcons offense really isn't playing dominant football. Solid in most games, but not dominant like the 2009 Saints. I mean, geez, we just got held to 286 yards by nearly the worst defense in the league. That's not like the 2009 Saints.

I should have clarified: I was implying dominant talent on offense which is averaging about 28 points (guesstimating) and still not playing to full potential. The similarity to the Saints is an opportunistic defense which turns the ball over when we most need it.

I should have clarified: I was implying dominant talent on offense which is averaging about 28 points (guesstimating) and still not playing to full potential. The similarity to the Saints is an opportunistic defense which turns the ball over when we most need it.

I'll agree with you that this team should be like the 2009 Saints. They should be. They can be. The Saints were averaging 40 points a game at this point in the season.

If the Falcons had really taken advantage of all the turnovers they had produced this year on defense, they probably would be close to that.

But even though the Falcons are 6-0, the offense has been on again and off again since week 1.

I think we stack up with anybody. We are our own worst enemy. We still haven't played a complete game. If we hit our stride and play great ball in all three phases we can and will be hard to beat. We're already hard to beat when we play sh!tty. Defense couldn't make the pack punt last time. I guarantee Nolan will make whoever we play punt. I honestly believe if this team gels and plays to the level of talent we have we absolutely don't have anybody that can stop us but us. Like Deion said guys like Asante very well could be the x factor this year. We haven't really had a defense that could give the O help when they staggered, now we do. I'm not worried about any of these other teams.

I think we stack up with anybody. We are our own worst enemy. We still haven't played a complete game. If we hit our stride and play great ball in all three phases we can and will be hard to beat. We're already hard to beat when we play sh!tty. Defense couldn't make the pack punt last time. I guarantee Nolan will make whoever we play punt. I honestly believe if this team gels and plays to the level of talent we have we absolutely don't have anybody that can stop us but us. Like Deion said guys like Asante very well could be the x factor this year. We haven't really had a defense that could give the O help when they staggered, now we do. I'm not worried about any of these other teams.

The San Diego game was a complete game. Not a perfect game, but good enough to be called a complete game.

Well he makes a good point about us being our own worse enemy. But I think the Giants would be our toughest opponent based on what we have seen so far this season. Their D-line would just eat our O-line up like they did in the playoffs, and basically shut us down IMHO even on our best day. We just don't have an O-line that can win against a great D-line.

Too much optimism in this post. Don't like.