Fantansy Football Trade. Please Help!

I'm in a standard fantasy leauge. I feel like I have a lot of good WRs (Calvin, Wes, AJ, and Victor...that's 4 top 10 receivers) but I feel like I'm lacking in RB play (DMC, Mendenhall, Ryan Mathews), so I'm wanting to trade for Adrian Peterson. My dilemma every week is, depending on match up, which 3 of the 4 WRs I should start (2 at the WR position and 1 at flex), which is a good thing because I can rarely go wrong since they all produce. But it's annoying because I often sit a WR who happens to have a huge game that week, regardless of match up, and I leave some points on the bench.

I have the same dilemma at the RB position but for a different reason. I feel like which of the 2 RBs I should start, depending on match up, who would disappoint me the least this week. DMC, Mendy, and Mathews have not played up to their potential. They've all had one decent game, but I expected more from them. So, I'm trading for Adrain Peterson. I offered a guy who is deep at the RB position Wes Welker and Steven Jackson (just as a replacement player...even though he has RBs) for AP. But he counter offered Wes and DMC for AP and DeSean (OR Decker). Is this a good trade for me? Please advise.

I feel like although DMC has let me down big time, the easier part of his schedule is coming up. For example, this week he's is up agaisnt the Jags who have a horrible run D. Then, KC next. So, I can see him picking things up. I don't wanna give up on him just yet. Am I making a mistake by not taking the trade? I'm also open to trading Calvin for AP straight up, if he is. Anyone wanna add their two cents? Please help.

I am shooting for Peterson. Foster, Rice, and Lynch are NOT on the market.

DMC is Darren McFadden.

It's a 8 man leauge.

I feel Decker is a better option at WR than DeSean because Peyton is way more consistent than Vick can ever be. And Decker has outperfomed Desean all season.

Why would he trade Peterson? Cuz he's deep at RB and not at WR.

Now can anyone tell me, I know I'm giving up a lot (a great WR, and a potentially good RB for a great RB in return), but is it a good trade for me?

Thank you. I was just hoping for more people's opinions along with explanations.

You need RB's. Adrian Peterson is one of the best in the league. DMC sucks in the Raiders "take a Knapp" offense. Decker is not that far behind Welker.

The way I see it, you're losing your 2nd WR to obtain a 1st RB. You have good WR's so you are gaining an every week starter and losing a situational starter. No brainer.

Welker might be your 3rd or 4th with that group you have. What are you debating about?

Calvin is surprisingly the worst outta that bunch. Like AP, Calvin just hasn't found the endzone.

What am I debating? I just have a feeling that DMC is about to go off in the latter half of the season. He gave me 13 points and change last week agaisnt a tought Atl D. I hope I'm partially right, not so much that I regret trading him but enough so he's still tradable. I feel like he's set up go nuts against the Jags, then the Cheifs. While AP has games left agaisnt much harder run Ds: 2 agaisnt the Bears, for example and then a couple more tough match ups.

Also, AP's injury issue is of concern. For how well he's playing, it's easy to forget the guy is coming off of a major injury. He DNP these last two weeks at all cuz of the injury. Even though he played well in the games, even though he hasn't scored much. He's just not the AP of old. But then again, DMC is no iron man either and so far he's underperformed a lot this season.

You're prolly right, man. I'm overthinking sh!t. Lol.

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

I am shooting for Peterson. Foster, Rice, and Lynch are NOT on the market.

DMC is Darren McFadden.

It's a 8 man leauge.

I feel Decker is a better option at WR than DeSean because Peyton is way more consistent than Vick can ever be. And Decker has outperfomed Desean all season.

Why would he trade Peterson? Cuz he's deep at RB and not at WR.

Now can anyone tell me, I know I'm giving up a lot (a great WR, and a potentially good RB for a great RB in return), but is it a good trade for me?

I'm not gonna say it is good or bad. For me, I always prefer a RB over WR. The RB's tend to be more consistent when it comes to points earned. WR's are a little more inconsistent.

Trade McFadden and Welker for AP and Decker. Decker has been great the last 3 games. He's getting the targets and production in Denver. McFadden hasn't been living up to his potential all season. Trade him while you can. I sold high on him right after his 1 big week against the Steelers for RGIII. I'm loving that trade right now biggrin.png

Is this a 4-6 ppl league? I cant figure out how you got all those players on a team. Tough Scenario, but I would actually try to trade Calvin Johnson, worst of the 4 you got this season but still a big name. You could get AP for him straight up most likely, you could even try for McCoy depending who has him.

Is this a 4-6 ppl league? I cant figure out how you got all those players on a team. Tough Scenario, but I would actually try to trade Calvin Johnson, worst of the 4 you got this season but still a big name. You could get AP for him straight up most likely, you could even try for McCoy depending who has him.

he said it was 8 people

Calvin is surprisingly the worst outta that bunch. Like AP, Calvin just hasn't found the endzone.

What am I debating? I just have a feeling that DMC is about to go off in the latter half of the season. He gave me 13 points and change last week agaisnt a tought Atl D. I hope I'm partially right, not so much that I regret trading him but enough so he's still tradable. I feel like he's set up go nuts against the Jags, then the Cheifs. While AP has games left agaisnt much harder run Ds: 2 agaisnt the Bears, for example and then a couple more tough match ups.

Also, AP's injury issue is of concern. For how well he's playing, it's easy to forget the guy is coming off of a major injury. He DNP these last two weeks at all cuz of the injury. Even though he played well in the games, even though he hasn't scored much. He's just not the AP of old. But then again, DMC is no iron man either and so far he's underperformed a lot this season.

You're prolly right, man. I'm overthinking sh!t. Lol.

You're definitely over thinking it, but that's typical in fantasy. If you need a tie-breaker, look at their schedule during your playoffs. That means a lot more than a couple of matchup advantages during the season. If AP has really bad matchups and DMC has good matchups for the 3 playoff weeks in your league, keep DMC. If not, definitely get AP. The other side of the AP argument is that he'll get better as he heals up more. DMC is injury prone as well though.

P.S. The Falcons defense sucks against the run.

I have AP and he hasnt been the beast of previous years, at least fantasy wise. Since you're only in an 8 team league you should see if you can get Fred Jackson cheap. I think he's about to go off....

The trade in question is fair enough but think it favors the other guy more. IMHO

You're right that the overall trade prolly favors him. But since either Welker of Calvin end up on my bench, no sense in me have that many WRs when I'm losing points on the bench. Might as well use em as trade bait to upgrade my RB position. So, I don't mind trading Wes. I was just hoping that I don't regret trading DMC if he really starts to pick it up due to his easier scheudule.

Seriously, what makes you say that? Jackosn's been sharing carries with Spiller and Spiller has been outperforming him.

Edited by I Even Bleed Red