Rev’S Prognostications On The Remaining Games

Rev_Hal

Assuming there are no injuries and no major developments during the season, this is how I see the rest of the season going.

@ Phily – Tough game, tough crowd, tough atmosphere. The Eagles have had our number in the past few seasons. With having no idea what defense to prepare for, this game is literally a toss-up. I think Philly inches out a close victory in this one. – PHILLY WINS

Vs. Dallas – Dallas’s only hope is running the ball. If Corey Peters is back to full strength by this game, we may have a shot to slow their running down. Romo is easily confused, so look for the amoeba defense we ran against the Broncos. Otherwise, they don’t scare me. – ATLANTA WINS

@ New Orleans – So many people want to count the Saints out. Honestly, I could see them putting together a run for a wildcard spot. They are especially tough at home. If the players are still appealing suspensions and are playing (I don’t know the update), This one will be tough. – NEW ORLEANS WINS

Vs. Arizona – They started off looking strong, but this team is middle of the pack. In our house, we will Klondike them. ATLANTA WINS

@Tampa – This one is a hard pick for me. The Bucs look like they have some of the pieces in place, but you never know what team you are getting from week to week. Expect a smash mouth game with some scuffles breaking out, but the Falcons win on the road. ATLANTA WINS

Vs. NO – Another scary game. As long as our offense has the swagger it had in the first 3 games, the Falcons should win a close one here. ATLANTA WINS

@ Carolina – Cam “Sybil” Newton and his multiple personalities are going to be out of the playoff hunt by this time, but they almost spanked us in our house. Expect the Falcons to be much better prepared in Round 2 – ATLANTA WINS

Vs. NYG – The G-Men area another team that has our number these days., and this is the time of year that they get hot. This one could go either way, but I feel the Falcons lose a nail biter in the 4th QTR. GIANTS WIN

@ Detroit – The Loins have taken a major step back and will be working on rebuilding for next season. ATLANTA WINS

Vs. Tampa – While the Bucs will be long gone from the playoff hunt, they always put up a major fight in the dome. Expect this one to be ugly. If the Falcons are sitting starters for the playoffs, I would gie it to the Bucs. But I cant make that assumption yet, so ATLANTA WINS

So I have us going 13-3 or 12-4, depending on if we have clinched home field by the final week.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that your estimate of 12-4 is about as good as this team could possibly do considering how ragged their play had become going into the bye. Looking at things as objectively as possible, considering the amount of talent on the field and the quality of the coaches, the way we played those last three games should be about as bad as this team can possibly play, and they won all three of those games. If they can snap out of their funk and play up to their full potential, they could go 13-3 or 14-2. Just depends on which team shows up, and right now, none of us have a clue which one will show up to play the Eagles. I could certainly live with 12-4 and that should put the Falcons in a great spot in terms of home field, possible first-round bye. We would be in position to make a deep run with the added bonus of having a much better staff of coordinators to prepare this team to play more competitively than in previous years. The next three games will tell us a lot.

Edited by PokerSteve

I don't see the Falcons losing until they play the Bucs. I see them going 10-0 clinching the division by week 11. The next four teams coming up next have more issues than the Falcons do. Because the Falcons are the least penalized team, it will make team dang near have to be pergect to beat us. There for we hang around and beat them like we did the Raiders who were the second least penalized team in the league until they played us and they had a lot of penalities in that game tht caused them to shoot themselves in the foot.

I seriously don't think we are going to lose to the eagles or the aint's this year. If this team is anywhere as good as they can be they should be prepared and beat them. We are the better team. If we lose one or more of them, then we just are not ready. I know any given Sunday, but really the only team left that I think will be a real challenge is the Giants. The have a great Dline and a very good Oline. That will be a tough game.

I have a good feeling about the Philly game (for once, since in the past they have had our number).

Philly just fired their DC. Generally, the game after a coaching change (head coach or coordinator) is a messy disaster for the team that made the change, because the new coach creates as many problems as the solve by trying to make changes.

Vick has regressed in his ability to read defenses, and Nolan's specialty is confusing the QB. If we can score early and force Philly to play from behind, there's every reason to believe we'll see the Philly passing game fizzle as well as multiple interceptions.

My only prayer is not going 15-1 or undefeated then get embarrassed again. I dont wanna read all that Nolan jibber jabber and our record at home. All this lastminute crap wont work forever and the offense isnt as unstoppable as we give them credit to be. Hopefully everything will be in place by January

Jeez I hadn't even thought about that. If we were to go 15-1 and then get curb-stomped again the first game of the play-offs, I seriously doubt one stick of furniture in my living room would survive the aftermath, including my almost-new Toshiba big screen. Lord, please don't let that happen.....

Jeez I hadn't even thought about that. If we were to go 15-1 and then get curb-stomped again the first game of the play-offs, I seriously doubt one stick of furniture in my living room would survive the aftermath, including my almost-new Toshiba big screen. Lord, please don't let that happen.....

well looky here. Before you smash the tv, I will inbox my number so you can call me to come pick it up. Im always up for a new tv lol

well looky here. Before you smash the tv, I will inbox my number so you can call me to come pick it up. Im always up for a new tv lol

Sorry, brah. Doubt there would be any lag-time between the meltdown in the game and the meltdown in my living room.

Edited by PokerSteve

Rev's above record is 13-3 which is plausible. However, I think we lose one more that we should have won - 12-4 seems most likely which would mean we go 6-4 the rest of the way. 6-4 down the stretch would not be impressive but probably gets us homefield throughout the playoffs - assuming we actually win a playoff game.

Rev's above record is 13-3 which is plausible. However, I think we lose one more that we should have won - 12-4 seems most likely which would mean we go 6-4 the rest of the way. 6-4 down the stretch would not be impressive but probably gets us homefield throughout the playoffs - assuming we actually win a playoff game.

thats a rather large assumption

If we in fact do finish 12-4, then it's imperative that one of those losses not be the Giants. They will probably end 12-4 so we need the tie breaker for home field advantage. I don't want to travel to NY again in January or even out west to SF.