Wow Just Wow.. Falcons D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously turnovers are a key to the Falcons success.

In the first three games, the Falcons were plus 10, and got two very comfortable wins and a fairly comfortable win.

In the next three games, the Falcons were even in turnovers in each game, and had to score in the 4th quarter to win those games.

I hope they keep it up, because it's key.

Its pitiful and a shame...dayumm shame. While at the same time predictable...Lofton>Dent.

Yet, the "D" has won the last 2 games IMHO away/home.

Just 2 players away...Corey Peters and somebody to impersonate a run stuffing MLB

Im with you on this, but im more of.... Lofton/Dent<somebody else.

I'm sensing a trend here. Previously , y'all have blamed coordinators for the lack of player execution. Now we have eveyone sexy pick for defensive coorinator and now that we sux against the run, y'all do a 1-80

You take the good with the bad. Nolan scheme has put some of our players in position to create turn overs and make plays . On flip side

and the loss of Curtis Lofton has left us very vulnerable in the middle of the field in run defense. Lofton was our rock and he is no longer here but on flip side we have moved to a 4-2-5 scheme and has helped out the defense with extra man in secondary and allowing our S to be in position to make plays on passing downs .

I have 10 times more faith that Nolan can get it turned around than I ever would have had in BVG. But I do see where you are coming from.

Still feel like it's growing pains and getting a feel for the defense, players are in position they just need to wrap it up. Losing Nicholas hurt,guy was everywhere the first few games need him back in my opinion.

You take the good with the bad. Nolan scheme has put some of our players in position to create turn overs and make plays . On flip side

and the loss of Curtis Lofton has left us very vulnerable in the middle of the field in run defense. Lofton was our rock and he is no longer here but on flip side we have moved to a 4-2-5 scheme and has helped out the defense with extra man in secondary and allowing our S to be in position to make plays on passing downs .

Not that I blame Nolan for this, but the lack of insight for his departure, without a suitable/compentent replacement leaves me shaking my head.

Agree 100%

Not that I blame Nolan for this, but the lack of insight for his departure, without a suitable/compentent replacement leaves me shaking my head.

I think the Falcons thought Tutupu would be that guy.

Was that very risky? Yeah, in hindsight it obviously was.

But if Tatupu had stayed healthy and returned to form, we'd all be talking about how brilliant it was.

Yea I know it's very important position got used to seeing #50 back there and not being concerned except on passing downs.

Well got a feeling we will see if the run defense has adjusted during the bye week, because if I was Andy Reid I'd run McCoy all day.

nolan and his defense are the main reason we 6-0 right now. they took over the game at the redskins and put us over the top with a pick 6 against oakland. they also picked manning three times and caused a fumble. anybody who cant see this defense is way better this yr and is the reason we 6-0 are either blind or bvgs mother

Yea I know it's very important position got used to seeing #50 back there and not being concerned except on passing downs.

Well got a feeling we will see if the run defense has adjusted during the bye week, because if I was Andy Reid I'd run McCoy all day.

sure did work with mcfadden didnt it if all you look at is stats than yeah our run defense is rally bad if you watch the game you see its really about avg. okland thought it was a major weakness and ran mcfadden all day he gained about 70yds and a fumble I like them odds

I think the TD thought Tutupu would be that guy.

Was that very risky? Yeah, in hindsight it obviously was.

But if Tatupu had stayed healthy and returned to form, we'd all be talking about how brilliant it was.

Fixed. The man depite an impressive start. knows next to nothing about the art of acquiring talent in the trenches