Have You Ever Ran Into Any Falcons Off The Field?

Creative

I had never been to Atlanta in my entire life up until last weekend. Figured I'd finally see the Falcons play in the dome and see the city. (Had a great time, btw.) But anyways..

I was at dinner Saturday night when ... Michael Turner (!) comes in and sits down a couple booths away from me. Obviously, the 5 year old kid in me came out and I went over and got an autograph (said sorry if I created a scene, lol). He was really chill and laid back about it.

Just curious.. how much did I luck out? What players have you guys seen in public?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Patrick Kerney at a Waffle House of all places once. I was a little tipsy and I think he might of been as well. I was trying to secretly stare at him to make sure it was him. He caught me and said yes its me , lol. Good times , got his autograph on a napkin.

Turner seemed pissed off last week.( with good reason) Im glad he was cool. The guy deserves more praise then he is getting IMO.

not current falcons, but i see and have become friends with a past falcon. Fred McCreary (freddie mac). he brings his vehicles into my shop on a regular basis. he lives at the country club right around the corner. he a freakin' riot. honestly one of the funniest dudes i've EVER been around. he is a really GREAT guy.

he is in training to be an official. he's been calling highschool games up here in north ga for a while and has several college games this year. he's working his way up to the NFL. there is a fast track to the NFL for former players. he has 3 little boys. i've been around all of them too. they are funny, just like freddie.

that's my only "claim to fame" - lol.

I wasn't there, but on the radio today they were saying that last night Matt Ryan and the whole OLine were at Hal's and made the rookies pay for a crazy large tab. That would have been really cool to see.

Every year I hear about those dinners and always wished I could have been there.

a few years ago i saw Roddys car outside a lowkey/hangoutout and i knew it was his car because there was an 84 RW falcons emblem. anyhow I go in and grab a seat with my friend. already a roddy fan i kinda search the place with no luck. The guy behind me slides his chair back and it hits me "my bad" he says, Im like "no prob" and low and behold it's Roddy. He talked my head off for over an hour. super nice guy. in fact i had gotten called over to a table by some mob type looking men and roddy was like WTF do they want you for. i was a little nervous and he was like do you need us to go with you. lol. i manned up. they actually wanted to read my shirt- it was weird. but anyways. nice dude.

I wasn't there, but on the radio today they were saying that last night Matt Ryan and the whole OLine were at Hal's and made the rookies pay for a crazy large tab. That would have been really cool to see.

Every year I hear about those dinners and always wished I could have been there.

Could you imagine the bill those guys could rack up? They are some rather large fellas. I love that kind of stuff.

a few years ago i saw Roddys car outside a lowkey/hangoutout and i knew it was his car because there was an 84 RW falcons emblem. anyhow I go in and grab a seat with my friend. already a roddy fan i kinda search the place with no luck. The guy behind me slides his chair back and it hits me "my bad" he says, Im like "no prob" and low and behold it's Roddy. He talked my head off for over an hour. super nice guy. in fact i had gotten called over to a table by some mob type looking men and roddy was like WTF do they want you for. i was a little nervous and he was like do you need us to go with you. lol. i manned up. they actually wanted to read my shirt- it was weird. but anyways. nice dude.

It would of been for a better story if Roddy and the gang got in a bar fight with you. Im glad it didnt happen for yours and the teams sake. Although the backlash on the message board would of been great. You could be the guy to say " Hey , I was the guy Roddy fought with!! ".

Have run into and talked with Arthur Blank and Steve Bartkowski at some parties.

Went to Warrick Dunn's fundraiser a few years back and met him and several players. No one bid on Peerless Price's jersey in the silent auction.

Walked past Roddy at Lenox but he was walking very fast and had headphones on. Big dude.

DeAngelo Hall and I were both waiting together for our cars at valet outside of a steakhouse. We started talking - i acted like I didn't know who he was - and I think it really irritated him.

Oh and I berated Rich McKay at Cactus Car Wash during the lockout last season.

Edited by lee sunset

Stood next to Tony Gonzalez and his family ( pregnant wife and kids) in Hartsfield Jackson airport before we went through security 2 years ago. It was Tony's first year here and I was flying to Savannah back to college. Didnt speak to him or anything though, just kind of kept glancing at him like a weirdo haha i was like 19 or 20 at the time

Stood next to Tony Gonzalez and his family ( pregnant wife and kids) in Hartsfield Jackson airport before we went through security 2 years ago. It was Tony's first year here and I was flying to Savannah back to college. Didnt speak to him or anything though, just kind of kept glancing at him like a weirdo haha i was like 19 or 20 at the time

I saw Tony with wife and kids at Fresh Market in Buckhead last year. His wife October is hot.

I've met some new and old I have talked to Jessie Tuggle a couple of years back.

I have an autograph from Scott Case when I went with my grandmother somewhere and he was doing an autograph signing.

I have met Roddy before like everyone says, he is a really cool guy. A few more here and there but overall all of them have been pretty cool people

I've only met a handful while they played with Atlanta. Lofton and Weiner in '09 (Weiner just retired but I count it.) and Travian Robertson a few weeks ago. In the last few months I've met Peerless Price (gay) Jamie Dukes (Really nice) Mike Nolan and Jerious Norwwod about 2 weeks ago.

I've only met a handful while they played with Atlanta. Lofton and Weiner in '09 (Weiner just retired but I count it.) and Travian Robertson a few weeks ago. In the last few months I've met Peerless Price (gay) Jamie Dukes (Really nice) Mike Nolan and Jerious Norwwod about 2 weeks ago.

Peerless Price Gay?! how so lol ?

Rode the shuttle bus from Sanford Stadium after the Tech/Georgia game with Brooking the season he injured his foot/ankle.

Saw Jerry Glanville in the ATL airport near the end of the 1998 season. I was wearing my Falcons cap which I waved at him and yelled: "How 'bout them Falcons." Glanville was not amused.

I used to work in a high end sunglass place at Mall of GA. I've met Peerless a few times with his wife. I acted like I didn't know him because he sucked *** for us. I met Decoud with a hot chick, he looks a lot like Drake in person. I met Erik Coleman and his whole family a few times. He was probably the nicest and coolest dude. I also met William Moore, he seemed a bit hood and he asked me for a discount. I was like wtf but I obliged....lol

I saw Ovie Mughelli at Cross pointe Church. And met Keith Brooking at the Best Buy by the Mall of Georgia.

Keith Brooking and family were on same flight with me coming back from Nassau, Bahamas in April years ago. Smaller than I would have imagined.

They were in first class. I was in coach.

Todd Weiner comes into the Ingles in Flowery Branch (where I used to work) a lot because he lives 5 minutes away from there and from my house.

Babineaux and Tony also apparently came in there one day.

I've seen JA98 at the Target in Flowery Branch.

Met Brent Grimes at the Finish Line store in Mall of Ga 2 weeks before the Packers playoff game.