Ideas To Fix The Running Game?

momak

I think its blindingly obvious our running game is not working. We have seen time and time again Turner run up the middle for no gain.

When the ball is on the 1 yard line we dont get any push. This cost us against Oakland and killed us against the Giants in the playoffs and against the Saints last year in OT.

I hope we can just play better and let the running game improve but if it doesn't why not try something different.

My idea

LT. Baker

LG. Blalock

C. Konz

RG. Clabo

RT. Holmes

I know people will say that Holmes is still learning how to run block however having Holmes at RT could give us a much stronger interior line LG Blalock C Konz and RG Clabo.

I hope we dont just sit back and because we are 6 - 0 i hope we do everything we can to get this team firing on all cylinders especially towards the end of the season. As i would hate for us to have major flaws going into the playoffs and face a red hot GB, Giants, Saints or 49er team.

I think its blindingly obvious our running game is not working. We have seen time and time again Turner run up the middle for no gain.

When the ball is on the 1 yard line we dont get any push. This cost us against Oakland and killed us against the Giants in the playoffs and against the Saints last year in OT.

I hope we can just play better and let the running game improve but if it doesn't why not try something different.

My idea

LT. Baker

LG. Blalock

C. Konz

RG. Clabo

RT. Holmes

I know people will say that Holmes is still learning how to run block however having Holmes at RT could give us a much stronger interior line LG Blalock C Konz and RG Clabo.

I hope we dont just sit back and because we are 6 - 0 i hope we do everything we can to get this team firing on all cylinders especially towards the end of the season. As i would hate for us to have major flaws going into the playoffs and face a red hot GB, Giants, Saints or 49er team.

I actually wouldn't have a problem with that lineup at all

My idea

LT. Baker

LG. Blalock

C. Konz

RG. Clabo

RT. Holmes

Have you considered the possibility that WE will be that red hot team that they face? It's only week 7....let's wait until at least week 13 to ask for fixing the flaws. Who knows? By then we may be 10-2 or 11-1 or maybe, just maybe 12-0. At worst, we could be 6-6 on our way to a 10-6 playoff berth, which seems to be the way to win the SB nowadays. Just relax.....

Clabo's natural position is at RG.

But can Holmes hold his own at RT?

This whole scenario would boil down to Holmes holding down the RT position, but if he could, we would have major upgrades along the line.

If the run game doesnt improve i hope we try this soon as appose of trying to make major changes late in the season.

I like your idea , and Im down for trying to find a way to fix the line. I don't want to mess with continuity and ruin the pass game. The line has done decent outside of Carolina protecting Matt in the passing game. So what ever we do I hope we dont borrow from peter to pay paul.

a few more play action deep throws. connect on a couple of them a game, the other team wont be putting 7 in the box

While that would be nice, we first need teams to bite on the play action which is not happening since we can't run the ball. And unfortunately, Ryan is most effective out of play action. Our play action passing game was supremely effective weeks 1-3 because teams still respected our running game... that is no longer the case which is why our offense has seemingly slowed down the last three games.

My idea?

Trade Dominique Franks to the Broncos, who DESPERATELY need Kick Return help, for Knowshon Moreno, whom they have given completely up on.

I mean, Knowshon is no savior, to be sure. But he might benefit from new scenery and a new team willing to give him a shot. And Franks can be replaced by just about anyone. He is only a kick returner now; his DB job has been taken over by McClain

My idea?

Trade Dominique Franks to the Broncos, who DESPERATELY need Kick Return help, for Knowshon Moreno, whom they have given completely up on.

I mean, Knowshon is no savior, to be sure. But he might benefit from new scenery and a new team willing to give him a shot. And Franks can be replaced by just about anyone. He is only a kick returner now; his DB job has been taken over by McClain

great idea as McClain has been a pleasant surprise

My idea?

Knowshon is a complete mystery to me. I figured his blend of power and speed wouod make him an All-Pro running back for several years. I've watched him play many games at Denverand he does not look like the same person. His confidence is now completely shot and he can't stay healthy. That being said, I'd take a shot at him; however, our offensive line is not one that will build confidence in a running back that's lost his.

Lot of plausible ideas from us fans. I just hope the Koetter comes up with some solutions in order for us to win some games big as opposed to be fighting for our lives. Don't get me wrong, I love 6-0 but we all know there needs to be something in our bag of tricks to get us past some good teams we still face.

play action doesn't help from the 2 yard line, there's gonna be 11 in the box regardless. you simply have to be able to move the line,something the falcons havent seemed to be able to do the last few years. i would suggest putting our defense line in, and run behind Babs :) at least he can get a 2 yard push :)