Did Vick Kill Castillo?

Finally

I have been doing some cyphering. I understand everything the media has said and I get that he was losing the locker room. But I also have to think was it really playcalling the cost them 4th quarter leads or was in because their defense was gassed? It could be both but turning the ball over over and over again game after game takes it toll on defense. It kills your ability to slow the offense down and run out the clock because of all of those points that were left on the field.

The other question is... has VIck lost the locker room? It is clearly his fault his team is having to work so hard for wins and suffering losses. No team gives you a pass when it is that much. He is probably the highest paid player which would piss everyone off too.

I don't scan the Eagles forum or know anything about the situation internally with the Eagles, but with the absolutely putrid play of Vick, you have to ask yourself if the rest of the team is starting to hope he'll either snap out of his funk or get a season-ending injury so they can put in their number two guy and regroup around him. I certainly haven't seen any comments from any of his teammates saying they ARE behind Vick and they have his back, or they know he's going to play better, etc. as you'd expect to hear if they were still in his corner. And when you stop and think about it, this isn't the first season he's crapped the bed. He pretty much stunk last year also. Maybe he's worn out his welcome and his job depends on this game against the Falcons.

RISE UP!!!!

I don't scan the Eagles forum or know anything about the situation internally with the Eagles, but with the absolutely putrid play of Vick, you have to ask yourself if the rest of the team is starting to hope he'll either snap out of his funk or get a season-ending injury so they can put in their number two guy and regroup around him. I certainly haven't seen any comments from any of his teammates saying they ARE behind Vick and they have his back, or they know he's going to play better, etc. as you'd expect to hear if they were still in his corner. And when you stop and think about it, this isn't the first season he's crapped the bed. He pretty much stunk last year also. Maybe he's worn out his welcome and his job depends on this game against the Falcons.

RISE UP!!!!

It could decide his job but even if he plays well it will be the next game fhat a turnover ends in a loss.

I'm sure Vick contributed in his own way, but no...

This has much more to do with knowledge of the defensive side of the ball...and the defensive player's respect...

You guys were a top 10 defense last year. He couldn't have been hot garbage as a DC. Plus, it is always in the 4th that you struggle. He may not have been the best but considering how good you have been defensively he can't be the worst. Players don't complain as much when they are winning... I am just sayin.

This past game was probably the straw that broke the line coach's back for Castillo. They had a 10-point lead in the 4th that disappeared. Things changed once DRC started guarding Calvin Johnson in the 4th, after Nnamdi had been on him all game. So you have bad changes and a star player upset about said changes.Take those ingredients, and stir in a head coach who is basically interviewing for a job in the national spotlight, and there you have it. Did Vick's INTs help the game? Not at all. But this one is more on Andy & Nnamdi than it is on Vick.

I have been doing some cyphering. I understand everything the media has said and I get that he was losing the locker room. But I also have to think was it really playcalling the cost them 4th quarter leads or was in because their defense was gassed? It could be both but turning the ball over over and over again game after game takes it toll on defense. It kills your ability to slow the offense down and run out the clock because of all of those points that were left on the field.

The other question is... has VIck lost the locker room? It is clearly his fault his team is having to work so hard for wins and suffering losses. No team gives you a pass when it is that much. He is probably the highest paid player which would piss everyone off too.

I think he is spending too much time with his new dog.

I don't know, I'm not making excuses for the dog killer but that offensive line is worse then the Bears....

You guys were a top 10 defense last year. He couldn't have been hot garbage as a DC. Plus, it is always in the 4th that you struggle. He may not have been the best but considering how good you have been defensively he can't be the worst. Players don't complain as much when they are winning... I am just sayin.

I can't put it any plainer than this:

'Juan Castillo was in over his head at DC'

Everyone knew that when he got hired...and everyone knew that when he was fired. If there's someone to blame...look no further than Andy Reid

I can't put it any plainer than this:

'Juan Castillo was in over his head at DC'

Everyone knew that when he got hired...and everyone knew that when he was fired. If there's someone to blame...look no further than Andy Reid

Perhaps but I don't believe if you were 5-1 or even 4-2 he would have been fired mid-season.