What's Up With Julio?

FlyDirty

Was expecting a monster year out of him. What you guys think- hand injury, good defensive coverage schemes? His stats have been kind of pedestrian. Does he open it up for other targets...for sure, but was expecting him to take over 1 out of every 3 or 4 games- modest expectations IMO.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's getting doubled and we have other options. Do you understand that?

still, like he said, the other guys get doubled and still make things happen. We can't just let teams take him out of the game entirely. If he can't beat double coverage Koetter needs to find a way to get the ball in his hands.

still, like he said, the other guys get doubled and still make things happen. We can't just let teams take him out of the game entirely. If he can't beat double coverage Koetter needs to find a way to get the ball in his hands.

Julio has 4 TD's, and 20-something catches. He's making things happen. He was open for a touchdown on that first interception Ryan threw against Oakland. Why force it to him when you have a hall of famer having his best season, a 5 time pro bowler opposite him playing pretty lights out as well?

Julio has 4 TD's, and 20-something catches. He's making things happen. He was open for a touchdown on that first interception Ryan threw against Oakland.

I agree, but like OP said, rather pedestrian numbers, he hasn't been nearly as involved in the offense as we expected. Not saying it is his fault, dude is fast enough and strong enough to beat any type of coverage.

I agree, but like OP said, rather pedestrian numbers, he hasn't been nearly as involved in the offense as we expected. Not saying it is his fault, dude is fast enough and strong enough to beat any type of coverage.

Well you saw the Redskins game were he was frustrated on the sideline because he wasn't getting the ball, then they started giving it to him and he went off. He just needs to hold on to the ball better.

We as a team are simply taking what they give us.

At 6-0 they are giving us more than enough and there is no

need to force the issue.

The only problem that people have with this revolves

around their Fantasy Football.

"FF, the only thing every invented for a game that is destroying it"

Karst41 2005

We as a team are simply taking what they give us.

At 6-0 they are giving us more than enough and there is no

need to force the issue.

The only problem that people have with this revolves

around their Fantasy Football.

"FF, the only thing every invented for a game that is destroying it"

Karst41 2005

It also might have something to do with the fact that allowing teams to take out your two best receiving options because you can still trow it to TG is not a winning formula against better teams. Any time a defense can force Ryan to go to TG instead of JJ or White they win, not us.

It also might have something to do with the fact that allowing teams to take out your two best receiving options because you can still trow it to TG is not a winning formula against better teams. Any time a defense can force Ryan to go to TG instead of JJ or White they win, not us.

It's not "Letting them", it's using the guys you have when they are available. They are trying to get these guys the ball but give the other team some credit, they are paid to stop them and if they are going to devote so much power to stopping them, then why not go to the other guy? It's no different than running the ball to set up the pass.

No they LOSE.

Gonzi is averaging 10 yards per play.

This equate to being at the Goal line on every 8th snap.

Uh that is called blowing your defense up!

Was expecting a monster year out of him. What you guys think- hand injury, good defensive coverage schemes? His stats have been kind of pedestrian. Does he open it up for other targets...for sure, but was expecting him to take over 1 out of every 3 or 4 games- modest expectations IMO.

Roddy is on fire and so is TG. I look for Julio to explode at any moment. As the year progresses, I think we'll see more big plays from him. and game plans that will feature his athletic ability. I hope we see a reverse to him in the Eagles game and he takes to the house. Giving Reid a dose of his own gadgetry.

It's not "Letting them", it's using the guys you have when they are available. They are trying to get these guys the ball but give the other team some credit, they are paid to stop them and if they are going to devote so much power to stopping them, then why not go to the other guy? It's no different than running the ball to set up the pass.

This reminds me of the scene in Silverado when Mel walks into the Hotel Bar

Paden "This does not look like a fair fight" , Emitt "which way do you mean" laugh.png

I'll respectfully disagree. TG is averaging 7 catches a game. And overall he is averaging 10 yards per catch. That's 7 first downs per game right there. The defense wins by getting us off the field, not giving us first downs.

While I understand your point about JJ & RW being bigger deep threats than TG, you don't normally win games by hoping you can complete enough 25-30 yard passes per game. It can work some of the time, but it's not going to consistently.

I think the biggest problem when it comes to JJ & RW getting doubled leaving TG 1-on-1 is the OL & running game. Our running game hasn't been enough of a threat for opponents to respect that. If we were running better it would loosen up some of the double coverages our receivers are seeing.

That's not true at all. They take away roddy and Julio and tony will eat at defense up and we will control the clock. And if a defense does do that I guarantee we will be able to run the ball. You only have 11 guys on defense, make it 7 on 7 and this team will eat you up.

We're not perfect but we can play many types of offense.