What Would A Superbowl Title This Year Mean For You Personally As A Fan?

NUPE

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be great, but let's be honest with ourselves...Pittsburgh is sitting pretty at 7. We can't be content with just 1.

EDIT: It'd also give us bragging rights over the taints for the rest of eternity, so yeah, there's that too. "Oh, you have a Lombardi? Funny, cuz we have one too...and we won it in the Super Dome."

I've waited 31 years for the falcons to win a super bowl. To be honest, I'd probably cry, then party life a ******* rock star.

Despite our history, I believe Blank will make it happen. There are certain days throughout your life that you never forget. Winning a Super Bowl wood be one of them.

Well said my thoughts exactly. I would shed a tear of joy and relief. Proceeded by a full week of wearing nothing but Falcons gear at my workplace, only to do the dirty bird dance when it came time for me to give input, at my daily morning meetings. wink.png

As great as we have been it's the true validation that every team strives for. It is the main focus of every person who bleeds black and red. Some people here say they will finally rest when we win. Me on the other hand will finally live.

This franchise has never earned the loyalty I have freely given it for 34 years. A SB win would go a long way in tipping the scales of how uneven this relationship has been.

And like Tandy and DOTB, a rest and relief.

I feel like the moment we get the first one out of the way more will come. I see no reason why Ryan can't retire with at least 3 rings.

I have lost count of how many FIRSTS we have done since 2008. Tandy probably knows. All of the FIRSTS we have put behind us like back to back winning seasons, consecutive playoff berths, 6-0 start, etc. etc. etc. I know we will be getting our first SB win soon, if not this year. If we had had a better defense thus far we might already have one.

No place Id rather see the Falcons win one than the home of the aints, just the thought of how sickened their fan base would be gives me goosebumps.

True, but what fan base? They're 1-4 so of course they don't have much of a fan base. Now if they start winning, then they'll have a "fan base."

Elation. I mean we talk about it but when it does happen I will lose my mind. I will also be thrilled for you "since '66ers" and Mr. Blank. I havnt suffered as long as you guys, but anyone who was a fan suffering through '07 gets my respect. It would be great to look at those lists of teams to never win a Super Bowl and see us missing. I know WHEN we do my first commet on these boards will be.... CAROLINA, you are now on the clock!

Edited by ~SEAMILL~

It would be the end of a long journey, and an end to our "Rise Up" campaign. I would be a sufficiently happy fan. Of course the fans (myself included) will be greedy for more. You don't just give up watching football after your team wins a super bowl. If we won it this year, I would still be rooting our team to a second Lombardi in 2013 even though that almost never happens. tongue.png Having said that, a super bowl victory in New Orleans would mean something for years to come and would make not winning the super bowl much easier the following seasons even if it takes 10 years to get another Lombardi.

Edited by Da Bird is Da Word