Nfc South Breakdown (Post Byes)

Shredman

well lets Start at the Top

Atlanta Falcons 6-0

6-0 is best in the NFL, but all is not Candy and Blow Jobs in Atlanta.

Last 3 weeks Falcons have looked average at Best, Granted 2 of those 3 teams were coming off Byes , still Falcons need to refind the Run Game. the lackluster play will eventually put Falcons in a spot where Ryan and Bryant wont be able to win the game with Time Running Out. Now on the flip side of That , Falcons have yet to play up to their Talent on Both Sides, If they do and can do it Consistently during the stretch run, Falcons will be hard to beat.

Tampa Bay Bucs 2-3

Bucs are Playing alot better this yr, But the loss of Talib will hurt alot. M Barron is playing great Football, everyone else , not so much. this all comes down to Free, do we believe he can score enough pts to make up for the Ds Problems ? saying that and looking at the Gauntlet Bucs have coming up. They will have to play their best Football to even stay in second place in south, much less grab a WC Spot.

New Orleans Saints 1-4

Oh how the Mighty have Fallen ... or have they ?

Saints still bolster 1 of the NFLs best Os and have Brees, a Proven Elite Franchise QB, thats better than 27 other NFL teams who dont. but there are also Problems with Saints O , O Line and now Graham hurt. The Real Problem for Saints is Defense , they are horrid, they are ranked last or next to last in every Major D Cat, and there really is no light at the end of the Tunnel , they just dont have enough Talent to play the way Spags wants them to, G Williams made them a factor with his schemes. now saying all that , they can still make a run and try and grab a WC spot, but its going to be very very tough. the NFC is stacked with teams already 3 games up for the WC.

Carolina Panthers 1-4

Panthers are at the Bottom of South in Scoring, and only Saints have gave up more pts in South. C Newton has proved he has alot of Growing up to do. they have 3 great RBs , non have been a factor, S Smith is still good but has no help, and on D they are still the Panthers, Panther Fans have abandoned this Forum and all hope of winning this Div.

so how will this Thing Turn Out ?

Atlanta Falcons 12-4 Div Champion

New Orleans Saints 8-8

Tampa Bay Bucs 7-9

Carolina Panthers 5-11

Give or take a game.

The saints are the sleeping monster you dont wanna poke.

The Panthers are in limbo while RG 3 tries to show them how to win in the NFL.

The bucs... always gonna be a fight. But its about time to put that baby to bed for the season. They will be a pain in the Souths side because they always play the South hard and can pull out the wins. But its not enough to establish them.

The saints fans and im sure players are so focused on Goodell they took their eyes of the prize for this season. Their is still fight left. But not enough to make post season vs the caliber of teams we play this year.

The Falcons are shooting them self in the foot like last season trying to figure out if we are a passing team or a running team. Lots to improve and the schedule doesn't get any easier. But the Falcons seem to be able to hang in the fight long enough to get the KO right before the bell. The East will help them determine if they can hang in the post season this year.

I dunno meezy0236. I mean, the KC game had two TDs taken off the board that were actual TDs. That would of put us at 2-3 at this point. The GB game we go up, only to have the points taken off due to a holding call, only to get the yards back and miss the FG. I think I saw somewhere on this board where the defense is giving up less points each game, and as they are fond of saying on here, yards don't win/lose games, points do. I think the Saints might just make a run.

I dunno meezy0236. I mean, the KC game had two TDs taken off the board that were actual TDs. That would of put us at 2-3 at this point. The GB game we go up, only to have the points taken off due to a holding call, only to get the yards back and miss the FG. I think I saw somewhere on this board where the defense is giving up less points each game, and as they are fond of saying on here, yards don't win/lose games, points do. I think the Saints might just make a run.

I hope you're right, and don't get me wrong I have seen some improvements, but my main concern is still the lack of a pass rush especially with some of the offenses they'll be playing in the stretch run. With they're offense, they'll definately be competitive in every game, but they need some of the pressure off of them.

I too think Saints can be dangerous down the stretch, maybe not for a Playoff spot , but for sure knocking other teams off. alot riding on Sundays Game

if Bucs win, they are in the thick of it

and they will end Saints Hopes

Barring an Epic Collapse , Falcons will win this Div, and it will take at least 10 wins for an NFC South WC, maybe 11.... that would mean Saints and Panthers could only lose 1 more game and bucs 2....

you start breaking it down like that , and that hole you guys dug yourself looks even bigger. only team in History to make the playoffs starting 0-4 was Chargers, and they didnt have anywhere close to a 6-0 team in their div at the time.....

I wished we had that treatment in 2010...

he77 I was giving Bucs credit last yr

to start out Beating The Saints and Falcons ?

after 2010 that should have sent you guys on your way

Problem was Free and D

same problem Panthers now have and you still have......

saying that, you win Sunday, and that will be back to back wins, thats called a winning streak lol

at 3-3 you will be right in the wc mix, in a very very good Conference

he77 I was giving Bucs credit last yr

to start out Beating The Saints and Falcons ?

after 2010 that should have sent you guys on your way

Problem was Free and D

same problem Panthers now have and you still have......

saying that, you win Sunday, and that will be back to back wins, thats called a winning streak lol

at 3-3 you will be right in the wc mix, in a very very good Conference

Yeah hopefully the Bucs get something going, Falcons need to start killing ****** teams..because there's going to be none of them once the playoffs starts. I really want to see how they do against better teams and against the next 5 game stretch.

Yeah hopefully the Bucs get something going, Falcons need to start killing ****** teams..because there's going to be none of them once the playoffs starts. I really want to see how they do against better teams and against the next 5 game stretch.

Falcons have the easiest remaining schedule in the league, based on opponent's winning percentage. Next five are - philly, dallas, NO, Ari, TB- only team above 500 is Ari, and they may not be by the time the game is played.

One thing you haven't considered is that the Falcons are learning new schemes on both sides of the ball- good bet they get better as the season goes on.

Give or take a game.

The saints are the sleeping monster you dont wanna poke.

The Panthers are in limbo while RG 3 tries to show them how to win in the NFL.

The bucs... always gonna be a fight. But its about time to put that baby to bed for the season. They will be a pain in the Souths side because they always play the South hard and can pull out the wins. But its not enough to establish them.

The saints fans and im sure players are so focused on Goodell they took their eyes of the prize for this season. Their is still fight left. But not enough to make post season vs the caliber of teams we play this year.

The Falcons are shooting them self in the foot like last season trying to figure out if we are a passing team or a running team. Lots to improve and the schedule doesn't get any easier. But the Falcons seem to be able to hang in the fight long enough to get the KO right before the bell. The East will help them determine if they can hang in the post season this year.

You all just better hope you don't draw the G-men or the Packers in your first playoff game.

You all just better hope you don't draw the G-men or the Packers in your first playoff game.

We are already get the Giants once this year. Packers well we, been there and done that to. But they arent the unstoppable beast they where last time we played them in the playoffs. Now all they do is cry about refs.

The way i look at it. If we play them, we do.... but we have to get to the playoffs first. The odds strongly point that we will. But the NFC is crazy and its hard to predict who else will make it. So many close games, the playoff pic could change from week to week.

I just know the falcons havent played their best football yet. While we might appear to need a tuneup. We have the talent to hang with teams. But way to early to worry about it. But if we get rolling... we could be that team that gets hot.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

I agree, lets get to the playoffs first.

Take the last 4 representatives in the Super Bowl for the NFC (3 of which won).

At the halfway mark of that season, probably the only team that seemed in real contention was the Saints.

The Cardinals had the best record at the halfway mark, but most werent taking them seriously.

However, the Cards lost the Super Bowl on a last minute TD drive and amazing catch.

So, while its fun to try and guess what will happen... recent history in the NFC shows that you are more likely to be wrong.

So, while its fun to try and guess what will happen... recent history in the NFC shows that you are more likely to be wrong.

A month before the playoffs no one even thought the Giants would get in. There was talks of cut Eli and fire the coaching staff.

2 of the last 2 teams where WC teams that came on super hot near the end of the season to go on a streak. The pack also barely made the playoffs. Anything can happen between now and then.

The only thing i think we are doing is playing our best chances. Our best bet is to get the #1 seed and if we can, keep all playoff games at home. Then hope the worst team stat wise isnt the best playing team team like the Pack was. If i recall had the Saints beat Seattle, we wouldn't even played GB that round. I think we would have had Seattle if i recall.

If i recall had the Saints beat Seattle, we wouldn't even played GB that round. I think we would have had Seattle if i recall.

And having watched the Seahawks crush the Saints, and the Falcons success over the Packers during the season, I would bet most Falcon fans felt pretty confident with the hand fate had dealt.

And having watched the Seahawks crush the Saints, and the Falcons success over the Packers during the season, I would bet most Falcon fans felt pretty confident with the hand fate had dealt.

Seahawks crushed the Saints? They definitely won, but crushed, not so much