Oct 16 Presidential Town Hall Debate

Flip Flop

Everybody seems to have perfect hindsight. Let us test our foresight. What do you think will happen in this debate? Will Romney whip Obama again? Will it be a stalemate? Will Obama crush it? What shots will they shoehorn into their answers? Will Candy Crowley make a run at being the best moderator or will she be the worst?

Edited by Flip Flop

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it, too, if I were him.

Never mind that the republicans didn't cause the recession any more than the democrats did. Spending didn't cause the recession. The wars didn't cause the recession. Repeal of Glass-Stegall was the biggest cause of the recession and that took both parties to ****-up.

My expectations:

Obama will be the aggressor

Romney will mostly counter-punch

i.e.

Obama will attack Romney with the 47% remark and Romney will say that the President is trying to divert attention from his own record.

Obama will attack Romney as lacking in specifics on his deduction cuts and Romney will counter that the President has no specifics short of raising taxes on the wealthy.

I think that Romney will let President Obama go first on Libya. At least I think that he would rather Obama go first.

Edited by Flip Flop

I think that it will be hard for either candidate to achieve what they really want to in this debate format. I think Obama needs to land some good blows. If he can twist Romney up with Libya, then he wins the debate. If I am Obama, that is my main goal of the debate. If Obama can close the Libya controversy in this debate, he has a chance to regain the initiative in the campaign.

I think President Obama will be heavy on the condescension and class warfare tonight. It will be enough to keep his base enthused. Mitt Romney will perform in a similar method to the last debate.

President Obama's supporters will be happy he fought back and think he won, and Mitt Romney's supporters will be happy and think he won.

And the polling will stay in the extremely close vicinity to 48-48.

You know... you guys keep saying liberal media...

WHO THE **** listens to liberal radio... outside of NPR (which is more center left)???

Conservatives own the radio...

If you didnt know, there are other forms of media besides TV...

You make the point in your fury. The radio is primarily the 'Conservative Media' and television and print news is primarily liberal media. When people say 'The Liberal Media', they are talking about most major newspapers and television news outlets.

Edited by Flip Flop