Feel Good Stat Of The Day

Peyton

I am sure most people know this, but there are probably some on here that don't.

Mike Smith currently has the highest career win percentage as a HC for all active coaches.

70%

Well...OK.....John Harbaugh is actually tied...they have identical 49-21 records.

There are only 4 coaches ahead of them all time.....and all of those guys retired at least 35 years ago.

If Harbaugh loses at the Texans this week, a distinct possibility, Smith will be number one among active coaches all by his lonesome, at least for one week.

It is so unbelievable when you think about it, when you think about where this team was at when Smith was hired. In complete shambles, cutting disgruntled and aged Pro Bowlers, counting on a rookie QB.

If anybody would have predicted when Mike Smith was hired that he would win 70% of his first 70 games, that person would have been taken to the looney bin.

Pretty effing cool.

Ok, bonus stat. The coach with the 2nd worst HC among active coaches is also on the Falcons staff. Mike Nolan.

That's stats not nearly as fun though.

My bad Mcginnis has the 50 games. Pro Football Reference isn't showing McGinnis as an active coach. If he is, then my bad. ( I mean their bad).

Yeah - he's with the Rams. He was with the Titans last year. No problem though - poor Nolan had a pretty horrible record. He probably is the only one who can't wait to play the 49ers and scheme against Alex Smith.

Yeah - he's with the Rams. He was with the Titans last year. No problem though - poor Nolan had a pretty horrible record. He probably is the only one who can't wait to play the 49ers and scheme against Alex Smith.

But he's not the worst active coach, and I think he should pursue a court order to get Pro Football Reference to bold Dave McGinniss name so this kind of mistake doesn't happen again.