Take a look for yourselves.. by now you probably already noticed ESPN ranked Falcons #1 in their power rankings. http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2012/week/7

Not more than an hr later, they toss out their 'Knee Jerk Reations". http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/40379/nfl-week-6-knee-jerk-reactions

As the only remaining unbeaten team, the Falcons are the best team in the NFL.

They're not. Just go back and look at how they've struggled to win their past three games. They have yet to put together a complete game, but you get the feeling that's coming soon.

While I know the Knee Jerk reaction was a Pat Y product, and he didn't get a say in the power rankings.. it's still just enough to make me laugh.

Pat Y is a joke of a reporter. He states the obvious and has Zero insight. You would think that someone with inside knowledge of the organization could write something a little more insightful.

Right now we are not the best team in the NFL. From the way we have played and been coached we are probably not in the top 5, but you are what your record says you are. Right now, on paper we are the best team. I think we can beat anyone at anytime if we played to our potential. Right now we are making ourselves look bad.

When it is all boiled down the only important thing is winning the final football game of the year. Until then I could care less about what anyone has to say about the Falcons. Good or bad.

Dude, its Pat Y. What do you expect?

The dude changes his mind every week about every NFC South team except the Saints, who he usually rides their jock.. except now in which his bias would clearly show.

He says we're not the best team but he doesn't know who is. WTF?! I'd be embarrassed to post something like that.

Pat Y is a joke of a reporter. He states the obvious and has Zero insight. You would think that someone with inside knowledge of the organization could write something a little more insightful.

Right now we are not the best team in the NFL. From the way we have played and been coached we are probably not in the top 5, but you are what your record says you are. Right now, on paper we are the best team. I think we can beat anyone at anytime if we played to our potential. Right now we are making ourselves look bad.

When it is all boiled down the only important thing is winning the final football game of the year. Until then I could care less about what anyone has to say about the Falcons. Good or bad.

Exactly. Talk is cheap, especially from dumb jocks on tv.

I hear a lot about the falcons not having played a complete good game. I have even heard Smith refer to it. Historically the Falcons have not came out with the goal to run up the score after getting a first half lead. They prefer to run out the clock instead. It may not always look pretty but I think the results speak for themselves as far not loosing games in the second half. I do not think that anyone that watched the Denver game would think we would have made the same calls in the second half if we were loosing or if the score would have been closer.

It would look like the best chance of playing a "complete game" would be if the scores were close. But then you would hear people criticizing the defense.

Because Yasinkas covers the entire division, I feel he always "hedges" his comments a little regarding the leading team so that he doesn't alienate fans of the other trailing teams. He seemed to be very favorable towards the Falcons even (or maybe especially) in years when we were trailing the Saints in the standings and arguably a lesser team.

Ok let's say the unbeaten Texans hosted the Raiders at home and barely beat them 23-20 despite being outgained 474 yards to 286 yards. In that scenario, I would've said I'm not really sold on those Texans. There's a reason why these writers write what they do, we as fans want to believe otherwise. Although we're undefeated, I really can't say with 100% confidence that the Falcons are the best team in the NFL. However, as a fan, I really hope that changes after the bye week.

He says we're not the best team but he doesn't know who is. WTF?! I'd be embarrassed to post something like that.

I like that answer. It is honest. There is no such thing as the best team in the NFL because every team does not play every other team. If they did and someone had a perfect record at the end of the season it would make them the best. We play who we play. Some weeks it will make us look like heroes and some weeks not so much.

All of this ranking crap is nonsense. We can only truly say we are better than the 6 teams we have played and it is not even a given if we faced all of those teams again we would have 6 more victories.

Millenium: I'm cool if he thinks someone is better. He just basically wrote that "somebody, somewhere HAS to be better". Have the stones to say that he thinks the Bears, Texans, or Niners is better and be prepared to back it up. He'd love to say it's the Niners or Texans, but they got spanked on Sunday. He'd love to say it's the Packers, but they're sitting at .500. He probably wants to say it's the Bears, but they got embarrassed by the .500 Packers on national TV.

Don't acknowledge the Falcons' obvious shortcomings without pointing out why another team is better. That's a toolish mindset.

I'll say that we look better winning to a horrible Raiders team than anyone else does, regardless of who beat them or by how much.

I like that answer. It is honest. There is no such thing as the best team in the NFL because every team does not play every other team. If they did and someone had a perfect record at the end of the season it would make them the best. We play who we play. Some weeks it will make us look like heroes and some weeks not so much.

All of this ranking crap is nonsense. We can only truly say we are better than the 6 teams we have played and it is not even a given if we faced all of those teams again we would have 6 more victories.

This is absolutely correct. In truth, there have been a few years when the best team at the end of the season didn't make the playoffs because of earlier losses. It's just a big joke when you think about it.

This is absolutely correct. In truth, there have been a few years when the best team at the end of the season didn't make the playoffs because of earlier losses. It's just a big joke when you think about it.

The Giants upset a then undefeated team and a nearly undefeated team in both SB wins . The best teams win their games and put themselves into position to be in the playoffs more years than not. We are one of the best teams but we have a lot of company. I don't think you can ever take a snapshot and say one team is the absolute best. The Patriots are struggling this year but most people would still expect to see them in the playoffs because that is what they do. I definitely expect us to have playoff berths every year as long as we have Ryan.

Why do some people feel they need more than that?

Millenium: I'm cool if he thinks someone is better. He just basically wrote that "somebody, somewhere HAS to be better". Have the stones to say that he thinks the Bears, Texans, or Niners is better and be prepared to back it up. He'd love to say it's the Niners or Texans, but they got spanked on Sunday. He'd love to say it's the Packers, but they're sitting at .500. He probably wants to say it's the Bears, but they got embarrassed by the .500 Packers on national TV.

Don't acknowledge the Falcons' obvious shortcomings without pointing out why another team is better. That's a toolish mindset.

I'll say that we look better winning to a horrible Raiders team than anyone else does, regardless of who beat them or by how much.

He could say the Giants, they look impressive even though they have 2 losses to division foes.

He could say the Giants, they look impressive even though they have 2 losses to division foes.

And that's my point. Why make a bold point to say we're not the best when he could say the same thing about everybody else? Again, I'm not telling him what his opinion should be, but to say one team is not the best is to suggest that he knows another team that is. Failing to do that, he's no better than any blogger out there. He lost the chance be bold and it makes it seem like he's hating, whether he is or isn't.

Giants #1 in two polls I read. But why?

The arguments I have heard so far are:

Falcons are overrated with a .353 SOV. Didn't mention that Giants are .364, yeah that is a big difference when the highest in league is .625.

Giants have had two comebacks. Falcons are 3-0, Giants are 2-2 in comebacks.

Giants beat (4-2)Niners 26-3 traveling out west Falcons beat (3-3)Chargers 27-3 out west on a short week. It is more impressive for the Giants because Niners have one more win? Using that logic then Falcons are better for having two more wins over Giants.

They will skew the stats to meet their agenda. Didn't even comment on them.

Edited by Xyfiel

Giants #1 in two polls I read. But why?

The arguments I have heard so far are:

Falcons are overrated with a .353 SOV. Didn't mention that Giants are .364, yeah that is a big difference when the highest in league is .625.

Giants have had two comebacks. Falcons are 3-0, Giants are 2-2 in comebacks.

Giants beat (4-2)Niners 26-3 traveling out west Falcons beat (3-3)Chargers 27-3 out west on a short week. It is more impressive for the Giants because Niners have one more win? Using that logic then Falcons are better for having two more wins over Giants.

They will skew the stats to meet their agenda. Didn't even comment on them.

Defending SB Champs, 2 SB's under their current regime. Our victory against Chargers was somewhat impressive but are they a real team? They're most likely pretenders. On the other hand, the 49ers went to the NFC Championship and you know their defense is for real. Against common opponents, we barely beat the Panthers at home and they spanked the Panthers on the road.

Take a look for yourselves.. by now you probably already noticed ESPN ranked Falcons #1 in their power rankings. http://espn.go.com/n...ear/2012/week/7

Not more than an hr later, they toss out their 'Knee Jerk Reations". http://espn.go.com/b...-jerk-reactions

While I know the Knee Jerk reaction was a Pat Y product, and he didn't get a say in the power rankings.. it's still just enough to make me laugh.

In case those of you crying didn't know it, ESPN's job is to cover sports. They have many different personalities with different opinions. I think it might be time to change out your tampon.