Quality Of Our Wins

hooshman

This is my objective look of the quality of our 6 wins

1. Chiefs (1-5) - Played even the first half, but dominated the second half. This was at their house, but I don't consider this a marquee win

2. Broncos (3-3) - Dominated the first half and then played not to lose in the second half. With Peyton's comebacks in subsequent games this doesn't seem all that bad. This is a good win in any pundits book.

3. Chargers (3-3) - Though close throughout most of the first half, we beat them in every phase of the game to close out. The Chargers are a mediocre team, but winning on the road makes this a Good win

4. Panthers (1-4)- played us even throughout the entire game. Cam Newton didn't turn the ball over until the very end and is deadly if he protects the football. This is a bad win and the pundits have a right to question our elite status for not beating a bad team. Does make a difference that they are a division rival.

5. Redskins (3-3) - People have been saying if RGIII doesn't get knocked out we lose this game. This irritates me because when RGIII got knocked out their offense had put up all of 3 points on our D. If we don't win this game the skins would be on top of their division and considered a play off caliber team. This was a good win on their home turf

6. Raiders (1-4) - This is the worst the team has played so far. Neither of the teams seemed poised to want to win this game. Along with the Panthers game, this is the reason why many analyst will discredit us.

Balancing out our 2 iffy wins, 4 good wins and Matt Ryan's clutch ability IMHO we should not be considered the best team, but have the potential to be just that. I do truly feel that we are not using our full offense and defence play book in order to beat better teams down the road and in the playoffs. If any of the teams that are 3-3 win vs us then they would be considered playoff contenders like the (4-2) Giants. Let's get healthy during the bye week and beat philly so badly they will have no choice to fire Andy Reid.

6-0

A win is a win. Ugly win is still a win

In this league ALL that counts is Wins and Losses

This is true in all sports, but if you want to be considered the best we can't play down to our competition. I'm not making the argument that what we have achieved isn't unbelievable, but could be better

I guess that's where I'm different.. I couldn't care less if an expert, analyst or media thinks we are the best or the worst.

I'm more concerned with what Means something.. Our record. But yes, this team has a few issues it needs to correct to stay unbeaten/make a deep playoff run

Looking at our schedule if we continue to beat teams like the (3-3) Eagles or (2-3) Cowboys we wont get any quality wins until Arizona in week 11. By that time they could be considered mediocre also. This leaves us with the Giants in week 15 before we play another elite team. I guess our schedule is easy

Guys we've beaten good teams over the years. It is about the playoffs and that at the end of the day is what the Falcons want & me want. Who is on our schedule and what their record is, the Falcon and myself could care less. The 2000 Ravens had a very weak schedule and played against some less than steller qbs. Do you think they complain? We need to execute better I agree, but these teams are changing their defensive and offensive schemes and gameplans to try and beat us.

I'm sure this will be brought up somewhere like it always has about opponents played and their record. There are currently only 9 teams with a winning record. The records of the teams the Falcons have beat and the ones they face in the future will look much different by the end of the season considering only a third of the season has been played.

As of today only 9 teams in the NFL are above .500, (28% of the league) that leads me to believe that if you look at any one teams "quality" wins or losses they're all going to have holes. 7 of those teams are in the NFC, only 2 AFC teams are above .500 and bother are 5-1. The NFC in general seems to have the stronger Conference right now. Bottom line, this line of logic is one you can't use this season, there's are a handful of good/great teams and then 23 teams that have huge question marks hanging over them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings

It brings concern because we're barely beating lowly teams, if we play like that against the big boys, we will be in for a world of hurt, need to get those things corrected and play your A game when it counts.

Giants - Barely squeaked by the Bucs with a massive comeback. Lost to the very mediocre Cowboys and an Eagles team whos favorite pie is apple turnover.

Vikings - Lost to the Colts who just lost to the Jets by a bajillion.

49ers - Doors blown off by the Giants and Vikings, but are somehow impressive because they beat up on the Bills and Jets.

Texans - Got completely dominated by the only real team they've played.

Balt - Squeaked by the Cowboys, Pats and won a 9-6 thriller against the Chiefs

The only team I'd say that has 'quality' wins right now would be the Seahawks and they had all kinds of help, but the record book shows that they have beaten the Pats and Packers

This is true in all sports, but if you want to be considered the best we can't play down to our competition. I'm not making the argument that what we have achieved isn't unbelievable, but could be better

All NFL teams have the potential to be great on any given weekend, you can't look at this like it's Alabama playing GSU, it's a different mindset.

I mean whys it such a big deal? I'm kind of glad we've won close games not playing our best football...that leaves room for improvement. I'd much rather be 6-0 and know we have things to work on, then think we're the best team in the league and get cocky/falter down the stretch.

Because of our close games we're staying hungry. I like it.

As of today only 9 teams in the NFL are above .500, (28% of the league) that leads me to believe that if you look at any one teams "quality" wins or losses they're all going to have holes. 7 of those teams are in the NFC, only 2 AFC teams are above .500 and bother are 5-1. The NFC in general seems to have the stronger Conference right now. Bottom line, this line of logic is one you can't use this season, there's are a handful of good/great teams and then 23 teams that have huge question marks hanging over them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings

Exactly.

This isn't Madden on rookie mode. Nobody, brings their A game and blows their opponents away every week. This is a league of parity where the lesser teams will often test and beat the big guns. It happens every single week in the NFL, yet we are expected to smash every non-elite team that we face .

This is just another example of the haters on this board and idiots in the media holding us to an entirely different standard then everyone else. You donlt see anybody calling the Packers out after losing at Indy, or questioning whether the 9ers are legitimate after getting dominated by the Viking and Giants, yet we have 1 bad performance and we are labelled as overrated and a fraud.

There are only three columns on game results. Win-Loss-Tie.

Last I checked there is no ugly win and a great loss. There is only one team which is unbeaten and only 9 times with Winning record in 2012. Falcons will have to play the Schedule NFL came up with in the regular season. Post season who would have thought Arizona in 2008 was going to SB. the Giants would win SB in 2007,2011 after barely making the play offs and the GB Packers in 2010. The teams which get hot in the Post season seems to forget how bad they were in regular season. Falcons need to get hot in Post season though.

Edited by falcons007

In the NFL - when it comes to wins - it's quantity over quality every time.

I'd take a 6-0 record over the opponents we've faced with a 1 point differential over a 5-1 record with a 50 point differential.

You guys need to stop trying to act like this is College.

When we lose - analyze our performance then - that's when we should worry about it.